Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Denials happen ALL the time with transfers. To take each one as gospel we may as well start instructing referees to take a player's word as to whether they dived or not.

I don't quite understand why people mock Howard Nurse over those comments - there is clearly a difference. A board can overrule both a manager and a vice vd when it comes to a transfer (at least generally - I am not 100% certain how things are at Barca)

Wow. Just read Moyes's comments. Nothing new but what happened to the I dont talk about players thing? :lol:

Good stuff though, I personally dont think talking/not talking about players makes much of a difference.

Wow. Just read Moyes's comments. Nothing new but what happened to the I dont talk about players thing? :lol:

Good stuff though, I personally dont think talking/not talking about players makes much of a difference.

It was pretty much confirmed we had made a bid, he could hardly deny it.

Never doubted your hate for the prick one bit, dont worry...

Didnt remember the wanker was a director at Rangers... i've just found new depths of hate for that little bastard, on top of the just recently acquired new depths of hate when i found this out about him fom wiki: "He has a First Class Honours degree from Cambridge in Land Economy.."

What the feck is "Land Economy"?

Reckon we just stick the remains (whatever isnt sold that is) of last seasons OT pitch in to the van from the lock-up, and drive it down to Levy & swap it for Bale - reckon he'll bite our hand off for it & jobs a goodun!

It basically means that he is an expert on reneging on every deal, particularly the ones he makes with his players about their future. He takes it personally when a player wants to move to a bigger club or tries to get the wage he deserves. I remember the way he treated Modric too.

Levy is the EPL's version of an autocratic zealot.

I don't quite understand why people mock Howard Nurse over those comments - there is clearly a difference. A board can overrule both a manager and a vice vd when it comes to a transfer (at least generally - I am not 100% certain how things are at Barca)

Rosell just tells people what to do & calls them names quite alot of the time too...

He's whats technically known as a right-prick, all-day everyday also!

It basically means that he is an expert on reneging on every deal, particularly the ones he makes with his players about their future. He takes it personally when a player wants to move to a bigger club or tries to get the wage he deserves. I remember the way he treated Modric too.

Levy is the EPL's version of an autocratic zealot.

Levy is the EPL's version of an autopsy - lifeless & you want to throw-up after lookin at him!

RedCafeUser123: 'Rooney is definitely on his way out, Woodward and Moyes just want more money and to force him to hand in a request. Everything they say is just bullshit with an agenda.'
RedCafeUser123: 'Fabregas is staying at Barcelona, there is 0% chance we will get him, their Chairman say he is staying. There is no way he would say that Fabregas is staying if he wasn't.'

Bit different once you have made an official bid. Barca have not said he is not for sale per se, they have simply deemed the initial bid insufficient. In contrast we have again reiterated (despite Chelsea's initial bid) Rooney is not for sale. So if Woodward has flown back it can only be because Barca are not against selling, it's just a case of what type of bid would persuade Barca to accept, and once agreement is reached, then meeting with Cesc's reps to discuss terms.

Why else would Ed bother to fly back, unless he has received sufficient encouragement to consider the effort worthwhile?

RedCafeUser123: 'Rooney is definitely on his way out, Woodward and Moyes just want more money and to force him to hand in a request. Everything they say is just bullshit with an agenda.'
RedCafeUser123: 'Fabregas is staying at Barcelona, there is 0% chance we will get him, their Chairman say he is staying. There is no way he would say that Fabregas is staying if he wasn't.'

I don't think you can compare the two situations tbh.

At least Moyes is aiming for this level of midfielder, the best players are hard to get and their teams rarely sell them willingly. If Fabregas falls through (which is most likely currently) I wonder who the fallbacks are....

Someones having a medical at Bridgewater hospital apparently. It'll one of citys signings no doubt

:lol: No of course not, that's never happened before! Look, i'm not saying it will happen, but to use that statement as proof it won't happen is laughable at this stage. Barca's reaction to the next bid we make, will be far more definitive in my view.

"Hello sir. I see you're admiring the new Mazerati Thiago!"
"How much is it?"
"A very reasonable price, and for that reason, it has already been reserved. Could I interest you in Ferrari Fabregas? It has a few more miles on the clock, but you can be assured that any faults have been iron out, and it is proven on British roads."
"I'll give you £xxx!"
"I think you'll have to do better than that sir!"
"An extra tenner?!
"This is a premium machine, sir. It even has race-history. The price is already very reasonable."
"No, I can't push to that, but I really want it! Would you part exchange for an Aston Rooney?"
"The one you have here? I don't know. The suspension is a bit floppy and it seems to be misfiring.
It's well known that the ECU on these are always giving problems. I can't do a deal involving that!"
"Have you anything else?"
"If you follow me round the back. Ta-Da! How about a Volvo Fellaini? Solid. Will withstand heavy collisions. Reliable, but it won't attract the ladies so well."
"I've had one of those, and I liked it. The kids wanted something with a bit more 'Va-va-voom', to impress their friends."
"The Henry is no longer available, I'm afraid."
"Anything else that might interest me?"
"Not really. You must be prepared to pay for the standard of motoring that you seem to be after."
"Sod it then. I'll put the Aston Rooney on Ebay, and keep driving the Anderson Romeo."
"They're no too reliable though are they? I wouldn't plan any trips to the continent!"
"Bye then!"
"Bye sir. see you next year."

"Oh. I have a Cleverley at home."
"Not interested."
"Neither are the kids. They need something with a brand name, and it's only a self-build."

One of the best posts on this thread! Take a bow.

Sadly, probably quite close to the ruth too :(

Are we allowed to announce major transfers while the NYSE is closed? I would imagine we can't.

Ofcourse. He decided not to use the standard "I dont talk about individual players though".

"I dont talk about individual players like Cesc Fabregas though, so please dont ask me anything about a bid we placed last week for 30 million Yoyo's, otherwise it'll be a very short press conference & i will go back to my quarters & continue my tapping up of Leighton Baines, My Room Fellaini & that fella from Planet of the Apes.... whats his name... feck it anyway... not worries - i've it saved in my new official partner phone - under "Monkey Man".... So are we all clear now? No questions, none whatsoever about our targets, i dont wanna hear one feckin thing, not one fecking thing, even & i mean even - about the £47.5m Leon Osman bid on Wednesday - do you hear me? Its very disrespectful & i'm tellin ya's...i'm havin none of it..none of it, i'm tell ya's..."

Don't you mean a Clevrolet?

Unfortunately the Clevrolet breaks down on long journeys if used regularly. Needs to be swapped for another car to finish the jouney.
With time this is due to improve apparently, although no promises are made.

Unfortunately the Clevrolet breaks down on long journeys if used regularly. Needs to be swapped for another car to finish the jouney.
With time this is due to improve apparently, although no promises are made.

I heard the Chelsea lot have a very dodgy Ford BA lying around and the suspension could go at any minute.

Don't we do all ours at Carrington now?

No one can remember - it's been so long :(

I don't think Carrington's facilities are yet ready to host medicals; I'm sure I saw something about that part of the development not being up and operational until the autumn.

Bit different once you have made an official bid. Barca have not said he is not for sale per se, they have simply deemed the initial bid insufficient. In contrast we have again reiterated (despite Chelsea's initial bid) Rooney is not for sale. So if Woodward has flown back it can only be because Barca are not against selling, it's just a case of what type of bid would persuade Barca to accept, and once agreement is reached, then meeting with Cesc's reps to discuss terms.

Why else would Ed bother to fly back, unless he has received sufficient encouragement to consider the effort worthwhile?

Did you quote the wrong person mate? I do think there's a distinct possibility this might happen now that woodward has flown back from Oz fwiw.

Really think had Fergie still been in charge we could have closed one of these deals. He'd have been a huge selling point.

:lol: No of course not, that's never happened before! Look, i'm not saying it will happen, but to use that statement as proof it won't happen is laughable at this stage. Barca's reaction to the next bid we make, will be far more definitive in my view.

Yup! If and when we hit their idea of a good deal, the next news will be the player now wanting to leave. Blah blah....

If Cesc genuinely has no interest in leaving, why isn't he saying so?

To be fair Rooney wants to leave,Fab wants to remain at Barca

"I dont talk about individual players like Cesc Fabregas though, so please dont ask me anything about a bid we placed last week for 30 million Yoyo's, otherwise it'll be a very short press conference & i will go back to my quarters & continue my tapping up of Leighton Baines, My Room Fellaini & that fella from Planet of the Apes.... whats his name... feck it anyway... not worries - i've it saved in my new official partner phone - under "Monkey Man".... So are we all clear now? No questions, none whatsoever about our targets, i dont wanna hear one feckin thing, not one fecking thing, even & i mean even - about the £47.5m Leon Osman bid on Wednesday - do you hear me? Its very disrespectful & i'm tellin ya's...i'm havin none of it..none of it, i'm tell ya's..."

:lol:

The word Osman should be censored on the caf though.

Really think had Fergie still been in charge we could have closed one of these deals. He'd have been a huge selling point.

Thiago would have gone to Pep regardless. WE're still working on the Cesc one so lets wait and watch

Its just damage-limitation - hope for the best prepare for the worst.. Head in a sack & back of the van..

To be fair Rooney wants to leave,Fab wants to remain at Barca

Come on, we all know we could replace Rooney's name with somebody else.

If it were Bayern Munich who were in the running for him, and we forget that they've just got Thiago, and we don't even consider Guardiola was their manager - would people be so skeptical about the move?

I think people on here tend to be far more negatively inclined when United are involved - I understand we've had some poor history with big names from foreign clubs, but it's like people believe that we are the exception to all the rules they hold for everybody else.

Dortmund's board have been adamant about Lewandowski not going to Bayern, but people still believed it. Ronaldo and Ferguson said that he wouldn't go to Madrid but would stay at United but he went. It happens all the times, and whatever the circumstances, United fans always seem to change their perspective simply depending on whether we are involved or not.
Maybe it's because people don't want to get their hopes up - maybe it's worse because of Thiago.

Ok so, i'll say nothing - i'm telling ya, i wont say Leon's name - do ya hear me? not even a whimper of his surname Osman... Leon Osman - where do i know that from name again... ah yeah - its that fella we...

I think you need a nap.

Status
Not open for further replies.