Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we really want Fabregas (and I hope that we do,) then we should just make Barca an offer that they would find very hard to refuse. 26 million for a player of is talent, who is still in his prime, always struck me as too low. Throw a 35 million take it/leave it at them, and then see what happens (or offer them Rooney in exchange.)

I'm sure Wenger has used it a few times too.

Probably, though I think there's a difference in Barca's board saying it than Arsenal or spurs, as the latter two are generally selling clubs. His quotes are pretty definitive, plus it's unlikely Fab will push for a move. Hopefully Woodward has some master plan up his sleeve

This must be what the Allied officers felt like during WW2 when they sent agents behind enemy lines on special operations. I bet Moyes sits in his hotel room (single bed) in Sydney, by the radio, waiting desperately for news in morse code from agent Woodward.

I bet he has a really cool codename as well. I'd wager it's "Woodpecker".

Imagine the delight in Moyes's face, in the form of an angry glare, when the radio starts to sparkle and the news filters through:
"Woodpecker to Gollum. The Fabulous Fish has taken the bait. I repeat: The fabulous Fish has taken the bait. Hook, line and sinker."

Meanwhile, we of the Caf symbolize the population of the occupied Europe, awaiting the sorely needed news that the war is over (that the Fab deal is done). We're kept all in the dark, with nothing but radio silence and sounds (Fabricated Twitter soundbites from Indykaila) offering us some notion of where we're at.

Oh the tension!

They just sent The Equalizer man... they sent him to negotiate.... negotiate their surrender... and bring home any POW's..

Time to send The Equalizer in once again!

So the cnut flew back for nothing? Sack him.

So with the weekend coming up, I'm guessing we won't know anything for atleast another few days.

Cesc Fábregas could be a Manchester United player in the next 48 hours, according to manager David Moyes. Photograph: Albert Gea/Reuters
Manchester United have been told by Barcelona that Cesc Fabregas is not for sale.

So many horribly conflicting things.

If you use your brain, it's not hard to figure out where that first headline has come from. Moyes never said that, ignore it.

If we really want Fabregas (and I hope that we do,) then we should just make Barca an offer that they would find very hard to refuse. 26 million for a player of is talent, who is still in his prime, always struck me as too low. Throw a 35 million take it/leave it at them, and then see what happens (or offer them Rooney in exchange.)

The 26m offer was just to throw it into the public arena and to up the ante. Possibly to show willing to Fabregas' camp. If we can't lever Barca's doors open for a kidnap job, Fabregas, as it stands, can claim he never wanted to leave.

It is all the same old predictable shite.

Probably, though I think there's a difference in Barca's board saying it than Arsenal or spurs, as the latter two are generally selling clubs. His quotes are pretty definitive, plus it's unlikely Fab will push for a move. Hopefully Woodward has some master plan up his sleeve

He'll probably have photo's of Rosell bumming Pique or something... the usual!

FFS Wayne Rooney is not for sale now and wasn't from Everton. Ronaldo wasn't for sale, Modric wasn't for sale, Bale is not for sale, Saurez is not for sale...

The fact is if you make a bid big enough it will happen. Whether Fabregas is considering the move now is another.

This one was always a smokescreen. Now, who is the real target?

FFS Wayne Rooney is not for sale now and wasn't from Everton. Ronaldo wasn't for sale, Modric wasn't for sale, Bale is not for sale, Saurez is not for sale...

The fact is if you make a bid big enough it will happen. Whether Fabregas is considering the move now is another.

Aye, I get that. But with edd supposedly flying back to negotiate this deal and then the barca board coming out with that statement the day after, sort of says that negotiations have been an epic fail of monumental proportions.

Pretty poor examples as none of these have actually happened (yet). Modric wasn't for sale at any price to a domestic rival, Levy was never selling him to Chelsea.

Aye, I get that. But with edd supposedly flying back to negotiate this deal and then the barca board coming out with that statement the day after, sort of says that negotiations have been an epic fail of monumental proportions.

Aye it could be...on the other hand who knows what is going on. I recall Ferguson saying he wouldn't sell madrid a virus...people say things.

I don't think any of us ever know what is really going on.

Fergie said we are not in for David de Gea in April. Circa June: United buys David de Gea from Atletico.

But that's got nothing to do with the vice-president of one of the biggest clubs in the world saying one of their star midfielders is "not transferable".

Status
Not open for further replies.