Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.
This must be what the Allied officers felt like during WW2 when they sent agents behind enemy lines on special operations. I bet Moyes sits in his hotel room (single bed) in Sydney, by the radio, waiting desperately for news in morse code from agent Woodward.

I bet he has a really cool codename as well. I'd wager it's "Woodpecker".

Imagine the delight in Moyes's face, in the form of an angry glare, when the radio starts to sparkle and the news filters through:
"Woodpecker to Gollum. The Fabulous Fish has taken the bait. I repeat: The fabulous Fish has taken the bait. Hook, line and sinker."

Meanwhile, we of the Caf symbolize the population of the occupied Europe, awaiting the sorely needed news that the war is over (that the Fab deal is done). We're kept all in the dark, with nothing but radio silence and sounds (Fabricated Twitter soundbites from Indykaila) offering us some notion of where we're at.

Oh the tension!

Weren't you signing off? :p

I imagine Woody is hanging over the Nou Camp from the United chopper with the warchest on a rope. He's shouting orders to his team of crackpot accountants and legal team, who are ready to drop in with the contact.
Cesc is wondering what is happening, but can't help think of the possibility of playing in a United shirt, while Barca are succumbing to the idea of a nice 40m for Cesc. He's radioing Moyes every 15 mins with an update , with the latest one implying that they're about to snare their target.

They've got 2 backup choppers, with Vidic on one, one mean stare in the eyes from Vidic, and they'll sign the contract no problem.
Next step is getting Cesc on the chopper, giving them their fee, and getting over to Manchester for a medical.

He's just standing there moping outside the Nou Camp. Every now and then Tito looks round in his office and Woodward is pressing his nose against the window all sad.

SSN say that some lad(didn't catch the name) said that Barca are still insisting that no offer will be entertained.

What's this bollocks about it being embarrassing if we don't get him now we've said we're in for him?

Are some of you really that stupid?

And of course Barca have said he's not for sale, they're raising his price, it's pretty common. In fact, I'd go as far as saying it's rare to see the player saying he wants to go, the club to say he's going and then the transfer taking place. It simply doesn't work like that 95% of the time.

Something has encouraged United to pursue this. Maybe its just his agent, looking for an improved contract.

What's this bollocks about it being embarrassing if we don't get him now we've said we're in for him?

And of course Barca have said he's not for sale, they're raising his price, it's pretty common. In fact, I'd go as far as saying it's rare to see the player saying he wants to go, the club to say he's going and then the transfer taking place. It simply doesn't work like that 95% of the time.

The root thing here is that such a transfer makes no sense for Barca. Why would they weaken further in midfield after selling Thiago? Their public statements back up that idea.

Something has encouraged United to pursue this. Maybe its just his agent, looking for an improved contract.
And in two days Moyes is going to come out and say "Oh we tried but they said no or they keep increasing the price and there is no value". And just like that we are back to square one.

And in two days Moyes is going to come out and say "Oh we tried but they said no or they keep increasing the price and there is no value". And just like that we are back to square one.

But again, we had muppets complaining United were not doing enough to get top midfielders, and even one muppet complaining public statements by United were worth a try. So United are just doing what many wanted. Although ultimately unsuccessful.

It's to do with the World Cup next year. But even if he has a stunning season with us he won't get in ahead of Busquets, Xavi and Iniesta. Just wont happen, those 3 are immortal. If he does get in the side it'll probably be up front.

So do ours with Rooney. Is he staying?

The difference is, Fabregas isn't publicly unhappy. Rooney obviously wants out, whereas Fabregas would like nothing more than to start every week for Barcelona. Not to mention the fact that if we sell Rooney, we certainly won't do it after having sold Welbeck or Hernandez.

The difference is, Fabregas isn't publicly unhappy. Rooney obviously wants out, whereas Fabregas would like nothing more than to start every week for Barcelona. Not to mention the fact that if we sell Rooney, we certainly won't do it after having sold Welbeck or Hernandez.

Rooney has made precisely the same amount of public comments as fabregas.

None.

It's to do with the World Cup next year. But even if he has a stunning season with us he won't get in ahead of Busquets, Xavi and Iniesta. Just wont happen, those 3 are immortal. If he does get in the side it'll probably be up front.

he plays a lot for Spain. He's 26 and has 83 caps. I don't think that will be an issue.

Shit.. you must have an awesome crystal ball?

Can I ask where you bought it from?

There is no difference Brophs.

The only predictable thing about football is that it's unpredictable. Van Persie was impossible last year, and a few years before that we "wouldn't sell Real Madrid a virus". Can we at least agree to disagree?

If a club official doesnt want to be hit with a million questions they will always say no. If they say anything else it becomes media frenzy

Because his agent is doing that work.

Its not just that. I'm not even suggesting there is a remote possibility that Rooney doesnt want out. Its about the media narrative. Barca don't want there fans thinking all their midfield is being sold, so the spanish press narrative is not for sale, but if anyone thinks the VC of a multinational flies halfway around the world on a whim they are deluded, Moyes connected the flight to fabregas, and that itself says there is significantly more going on than the media are saying. That doesnt mean we will get him, of course, merely that the current narrative from spain simply doesnt add up.

Thats why we had a massive thread based on thiago despite there being absolutely no actual evidence of interest from us, because twitter and the media said so, people get carried away.

Over here, the story is that rooney is a spoilt brat, its been an easy sell since 2010, because thats what he showed himself as, I'm not suggesting he doesnt want out, but I doubt the relationship is as broken as claimed, and if chelsea dont bid £40 mill plus I wouldnt be at all surprised to see rooney in our lineup next season regardless.

Why exactly is Cesc disliked at Barca?

Cesc is disliked at Barca because...

....he's not following Shakira on Twatter, he doesnt know all the words to U2's "With or without you..", has never heard of The Cranberries, he got rid of his mullet, he doesnt campaign about other players from other clubs, he thinks Enrique's Islegias a poofter, he doesnt know any words of any U2 song, he doesnt sit with his mates with one drink & 8 straws, he thinks the Prem pisses all over La Liga, hates tika-tacky-ballsacky, they know he's right about Enrique, doesnt think that U2 are the bestest band in the history of the world, he loves the smell of his own farts, he rates the smell of his own farts, thinks Puyol looks like Deidre Barlow in the 80's, hates Dali - loves Lowry, loves Buckfast - hates Faustino, thinks Messi's a tax-dodgin an el bastardo, loves shite weather, he loves Julio Geordio, he hates singin "with or without you" in large groups of young people walkin down the street, doesnt think walkin down the street singin songs of any description & in large groups of young people is any fun whatsoever, hates being asked "who's Julio Geordio Cessssc?", hates watchin Rocky with English subtitles, prefers redheads with Scottish accents, liked Franco's horse, doesnt wear Wham t-shirts, hates anyone wearing Wham t-shirts, hates large groups of young people walkin down the street wearing Wham t-shirts singing "with or without you", loves Old Spice, thinks Mascherano looks like an ape, prefers women with less facial hair, loves to ping a ball 50 yards every now & then, thinks "More than a club" is a bit gay, thinks anyone who loves "More than a club" is more than a gay, wants to play for a club that's actually more than a club, likes supporter songs that arent sung to the tune of "With or without you..", he shits on h-i-m-s-e-l-f........

Hope that goes someway to anwering your querie Top... Keep on Muppeting.. :cool:

I agree. Unless a player is deemed surplus to requirements (usually because they're not very good, or the team is well stocked in that position), or is available for free, then alot of the time, players just aren't "for sale". Especially a valuable player.

Rooney has made precisely the same amount of public comments as fabregas.

None.

You don't think the briefing about him wanting to go to Chelsea came from him (via his camp)? Ditto the briefing about being angry and frustrated?

I don't quite get this Arse having first dibs situation, how does it work?

e.g.

Barca want to sell Fabregas, so they must offer him to Arse first before anyone else gets a shot & he is willing to go there.

If someone wants to buy Fabregas, Barca say's he not for sale. But they (we?) make an offer they can't refuse & the player is willing. So do they then have to go to Arse & say we've been offered, say, £35M, but do you want to buy him back for the £25M we agreed? Surely that can not be possible, it's unfair competition.

Fabregas hands in a transfer request, Barca must offer him first to Arse, but he wants to come to United (say). Again, that can't be fair on the player or United (say).

How would this work in practise? Only the first one looks like it's fair to all parties.

There is no difference Brophs.

The only predictable thing about football is that it's unpredictable. Van Persie was impossible last year, and a few years before that we "wouldn't sell Real Madrid a virus". Can we at least agree to disagree?

I don't see it that way at all.

Of course we can.

Cesc Fábregas is not for sale, Barcelona tell Manchester United
• 'Barca can ensure they will not entertain any offers for Cesc'
• Robin Van Persie set to play in Sydney friendly on Saturday
Cesc-Fabregas-celebrates--008.jpg
Cesc Fábregas could be a Manchester United player in the next 48 hours, according to manager David Moyes. Photograph: Albert Gea/Reuters
Manchester United have been told by Barcelona that Cesc Fabregas is not for sale.
David Moyes had hoped to make a breakthrough in the next 48 hours, with the manager confirming Ed Woodward, the executive vice-chairman, had returned from United's tour early to work on the move following a £26m bid for the midfielder.
Yet Barca's vice-president Josep Maria Bartomeu has ended any chance of a deal being struck. "Barca can ensure they will not entertain any offers for Cesc. He is completely non-transferable."
Earlier Moyes admitted he was interested in signing the former Arsenal captain and believed Woodward was close to an agreement.
"The chief executive [Woodward] has been dealing with it," said Moyes. "I may have a bit more information in the next day or so about how it's going."
Moyes, speaking in Sydney ahead of United's game with the A-League All Stars on Saturday, reiterated the club's stance regarding Wayne Rooney: "There's no change. As far as players we're looking to bring in, we're trying very hard to make some additions to the squad. Hopefully there'll be some good news in the not too distant future."
Moyes has the chance to select Robin van Persie for the first time on Saturday, after the Dutchman joined the tour this week. "We'll probably only use Robin in the second half," said Moyes. "We've over-trained him this week to make sure he builds up his fitness."Phil Jones will be involved from the start. We've not come with a massive squad so that means everyone will play some time. Well, that's the plan. I wanted all the players to get 90 minutes. That happened in the first game and we'll try and do that again in this game."
Moyes is also hopeful that Danny Welbeck will rediscover his scoring touch. "When I arrived I was told how important Danny had been and how important he will be," said Moyes. "We're giving him an opportunity now and he has the chance to get some games. It would be worse if he wasn't getting chances. Hopefully he'll start taking a few of those chances and that will give him the confidence to go on a run and score a few goals."

Cesc Fábregas could be a Manchester United player in the next 48 hours, according to manager David Moyes. Photograph: Albert Gea/Reuters
Manchester United have been told by Barcelona that Cesc Fabregas is not for sale.

So many horribly conflicting things.

Status
Not open for further replies.