Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't quite get this Arse having first dibs situation, how does it work?

e.g.

Barca want to sell Fabregas, so they must offer him to Arse first before anyone else gets a shot & he is willing to go there.

If someone wants to buy Fabregas, Barca say's he not for sale. But they (we?) make an offer they can't refuse & the player is willing. So do they then have to go to Arse & say we've been offered, say, £35M, but do you want to buy him back for the £25M we agreed? Surely that can not be possible, it's unfair competition.

Fabregas hands in a transfer request, Barca must offer him first to Arse, but he wants to come to United (say). Again, that can't be fair on the player or United (say).

How would this work in practise? Only the first one looks like it's fair to all parties.

I'm not sure if the 25M part exists or not, but basically if Barca accept an offer from us, they must accept the same offer from Arsenal(if the 25M part does exist, then it'll be 25M they must accept). After that, it's down to what Fabregas wants to do.

I don't quite get this Arse having first dibs situation, how does it work?

e.g.

Barca want to sell Fabregas, so they must offer him to Arse first before anyone else gets a shot & he is willing to go there.

If someone wants to buy Fabregas, Barca say's he not for sale. But they (we?) make an offer they can't refuse & the player is willing. So do they then have to go to Arse & say we've been offered, say, £35M, but do you want to buy him back for the £25M we agreed? Surely that can not be possible, it's unfair competition.

Fabregas hands in a transfer request, Barca must offer him first to Arse, but he wants to come to United (say). Again, that can't be fair on the player or United (say).

How would this work in practise? Only the first one looks like it's fair to all parties.

I think Barca have to allow Arsenal to match the offer and make a bid, but I don't think it means Fabregas is forced to go to Arsenal. He can refuse to do business with them, if his heart is really set on United, which seems unlikely.

What if our offer, hypothetically, was a straight swap for Rooney? How can they match that bid when they have no Rooney?

I think Barca have to allow Arsenal to match the offer and make a bid, but I don't think it means Fabregas is forced to go to Arsenal. He can refuse to do business with them, if his heart is really set on United, which seems unlikely.

What if our offer, hypothetically, was a straight swap for Rooney? How can they match that bid when they have no Rooney?

Rooney has to give Arsenal all the food he's hidden in his cupboards.

United target Fabregas 'not for sale

Barcelona vice president Josep Maria Bartome has told Spanish daily Sport that Cesc Fabregas is not for sale and won't be leaving the Catalan club this summer.

"We can assure you that we won't listen to any offers for Cesc. It is not an option. Cesc is non-transferable," said the Barca board member.

Following Paul Scholes' retirement and after losing out on Thiago Alcantera to Bayern Munich, Manchester United manager David Moyes is keen to fill a void in his midfield and the former Everton manager had highlighted the Barcelona player as his number one target.

However United's initial bid was rejected and now it seems Barca have made their stance on the 26-year-old crystal clear. Like the Premier League champions the Catalans are also short of central midfielders following Thiago's exit this summer, and Fabregas has long been seen as a natural replacement for Xavi, now 33.

Read more at http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/222725.html#pY1gveBpd5jhjBSd.99

It's over, as if it was ever on. We've embarrassed ourselves yet again, I'd be surprised if any player wants to join us now. I imagine our commercial partners are checking into their contracts to see if they can get out of associating their brands with such a pathetic business.

Am I doing this right?

Maybe its time to move to another target? Vidal, Modric, Felliani?

It's over, as if it was ever on. We've embarrassed ourselves yet again, I'd be surprised if any player wants to join us now. I imagine our commercial partners are checking into their contracts to see if they can get out of associating their brands with such a pathetic business.

Am I doing this right?
Deary me grow a pair stop showing your arse .

Am I doing this right?
Did not see white bit i apologise (hangs head).

Arsenal are offered the chance to match the bid if the first bidding club (United). The clause is not a set reduced fee for Arsenal.

Looks like unfair competition to me.

Hypotheoretically, if one were to obtain the Fabregas, then also it would be very likely we obtain the Bail and Ronaldo too, of course, should this club fail to land the Cesc, well, we then fall to mediocrity under the law of the Caf, and thus settle for lesser player. I think, it work like that.

Why does anyone think it's on, when he's just said this
We can assure you that we won't listen to any offers for Cesc. It is not an option. Cesc is non-transferable
It's dead in the water. "negotiating tactic" is just FM jargon.

This seems so confusing from our perspective. Fabregas has said he doesn't want to leave, they don't want him to leave, they would be short in midfielders if they sold him, and yet we keep going after him, and Moyes seems confident he can get him. Had we done this before Thiago went to Bayern I would have had hope, but like this I don't know what to think.

Chairman in saying a player is not for sale shocker.

€€€

I don't recall many instances of a transfer happening after a chairman has said it though. If someone could be kind enough to post examples of it happening, I shall put my muppet hat back on.

I'm still not remotely convinced this will happen (yet), but a chairman publicly saying a player is not for sale is hardly a new thing in football, it's been a way to get more money for them for a very long time.

Until Fabregas comes out with an up to date statement saying that he categorically does not want to move, Barcelona can say whatever they like.

They do not want to be seen as a selling club for 2013, but every player has got his price.

I would not surprise me if the next stage of this scripted potential purchase is for the player to come out and say that he wants to leave. This will facilitate the creation of Cesc the anti-Christ, by Barca's media machine.

However, Cesc is less likely to rock the boat than certain other players, for example, our very own Waynetta.

barcastuff@barcastuff
4m
Bartomeu (vice president): "Barça can assure we wont listen to any offers for Cesc. It is totally ruled out, he's not for sale." [sport]

Well Mr Fartomeu - if you wont listen to offers, Mr The Equalizer Esq. will write it fecking down for you then - No means yes big lad!

Still strong muppets, sure we're sayin the same shite about Rooney aswell - we just wont sell the cnut to the renties or City. Other than that - he can fecking sign for Liverpool for all i care because The Blue Muppet Toffee Army will sort him out...

I'm not sure if the 25M part exists or not, but basically if Barca accept an offer from us, they must accept the same offer from Arsenal(if the 25M part does exist, then it'll be 25M they must accept). After that, it's down to what Fabregas wants to do.

From what I've read it's not a straight forward buy back clause like that. It's more down the line of "if Fabregas wants to go back to Arsenal, they must accept his request".

EDIT - That £25m figure rings a bell though. If Fabregas requests a return to Arsenal, they can activate a £25m buy back which would be about right considering that's the fee they paid up front for him.

I think Barcelona were so confident he wouldn't want to ever leave them that they agreed to the clause and they were basically robbing Arsenal anyway. They seem a bit naive with clauses.

Until Fabregas comes out with an up to date statement saying that he categorically does not want to move, Barcelona can say whatever they like.

They do not want to be seen as a selling club for 2013, but every player has got his price.

I would not surprise me if the next stage of this scripted potential purchase is for the player to come out and say that he wants to leave. This will facilitate the creation of Cesc the anti-Christ, by Barca's media machine.

However, Cesc is less likely to rock the boat than certain other players, for example, our very own Waynetta.

A bitta* coke slipped into his paella would sort that out dont you worry....

(*alot)

If barcelona were completely disinterested in selling fabregas why would our chief executive fly back from ore season tour to "negotiate" the deal? It makes absolutely no sense for us to do that AND to make it public as well. Barcelona must be willing to sell him otherwise none of this (from our side) makes any sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.