Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wenger clearly has his transfer plans already in place. If they spend big on Cesc then they could lose out on key positions elsewhere and wouldn't put much closer to being title challengers again. I think this would be Wenger's concern.

Fact is he's not particularly liked at Barca and never has been, probably knows it himself. I agree Arsenal is probably the best place to go if he wants to be "adored" again but he could also look at the way Utd fans have taken to RvP.

I think he'll go, whether he actually wants to or if the club are just happy to sell him for a high enough price to fund other players, which apparently is the case. Arsenal are one club we can still outbid.

There wouldn't be a problem if he came. Remember Cantona came from Leeds, and we'd welcome him. Well, I would anyway.

In Mundo Deportivo their headline is "Crazy for Cesc". They state that Ed Woodward was supposed to have travelled to Barcelonato sort this deal out but that Barcelona deny the bid. They also say sources close to Cesc have told them that he's having doubts about staying there.

On a side note I find Wengers "he said he'll stay for one more year" comment interesting because it suggests that he wants to leave.

Do you guys think Ed Woodward will be mad to travel such distance,if he never thought the deal is possible.

He'd be madder to stay there and not try even if its just a 5% chance of it happening.

I'm sure he can handle the 22 hours in first class while he gets on with other work on his laptop. Of there's just a slim chance of it happening, he needs to do all he can to make the approach as professional and appealing to Fabregas as possible. Sending emails from Australia and then asking Fabregas to wait a day or two while he gets a flight would hardly be the best practice.

Wenger clearly has his transfer plans already in place. If they spend big on Cesc then they could lose out on key positions elsewhere and wouldn't put much closer to being title challengers again. I think this would be Wenger's concern.

True, midfield is really the least of Arsenal's concerns for the Summer.

"All logic"? You know that the transfer period is completely loco.

Besides, IF the Equalizer is in Barcelona, we must infer that there must be SOME degree of optimism in capturing Fabregas. After all, he wouldn't have gone there if proceedings had only got as far as FCB rejecting the initial bid.

Doubt he's there man, but he might be soon enough if shit gets sorted though...

On a side note I find Wengers "he said he'll stay for one more year" comment interesting because it suggests that he wants to leave.

This struck me too. Fabregas is clearly close to Wenger in the same way Fergie is to Ronaldo and it sounds like he's confided to Wenger that he will "give it another year" which would suggest things aren't all roses.

Well the whole "I never like to talk about other club's players" thing didn't last long.

Which is why I think that this signing could actually happen.

What an epic signing Fabregas would be and it'll also send out a big message to our rivals. Also, basically all of the people that doubted our ability to sign the best players when SAF retired.

The only thing really indicating that this could happen is the fact that Storey thinks it won't.

Doubt he's there man, but he might be soon enough if shit gets sorted though...

But in the absence of any evidence, one cannot think the Equalizer is one place or another.

Anyway, he can still execute a deal from OT. It's not like the parties would be communicating by fax, is it?

He's at a perfect age really. Bags of top class experience in both the Premier League and in Europe yet still only 26. If we plan to play him as a deep lying playmaker, who tend to peak at around 29-31, we would get rich rewards from a signing like this. Really hope it happens.

Which is why I think that this signing could actually happen.

What an epic signing Fabregas would be and it'll also send out a big message to our rivals. Also, basically all of the people that doubted our ability to sign the best players when SAF retired.

That would be one of Fergies grand pieces of advice to Moyesy - never commit to sayin anything unless you can back it up..

As someone said in another thread that i care not to talk about - Fergie always stayed schtum until it suited him not to!

Why exactly is Cesc disliked at Barca?

He's abit cumbersome for their style of play in all honesty and especially in the role he's been utilised in. It doesn't seem a natural fit, he's not as elegant or as easy on the eye as their other centre-mids and almost looks like he's trying very hard to keep up with the pace of the game, whereas the likes of Xavi and Iniesta look effortless. It doesn't help that he's being played out of position for both club and country.

Playing at a slower pace and having the freedom to dictate the game from a deeper position on his own terms will make him a more respected player and return his name alongside peers such as Schweinsteiger et al. As a centre-mid playmaker, he's one of the best but as a number 10 behind a striker he's average - well not good enough or suited well enough for Barcelona imo.

He left at an early age instead of waiting for his chance. Then Barcelona spent a truckload to bring him back and he hasn't settled in so far. Some fans also believe that his arrival was the reason for Thiago's eventual departure.

Do they dislike Pique as well then? Left at an early age and is now utter shit.

They can't expect Fabregas to settle in when he's getting played in all sorts of positions that he just isn't comfortable in. Pep used to play him as a fecking striker. The real problem is his name is 'Cesc Fabregas' and not 'Xavi Hernandez' and that he'll try and pass the ball forward from time to time...

"All logic"? You know that the transfer period is completely loco.

Besides, IF the Equalizer is in Barcelona, we must infer that there must be SOME degree of optimism in capturing Fabregas. After all, he wouldn't have gone there if proceedings had only got as far as FCB rejecting the initial bid.

So there is some degree of optimism based on a supposition?

They can't expect Fabregas to settle in when he's getting played in all sorts of positions that he just isn't comfortable in. Pep used to play him as a fecking striker. The real problem is his name is 'Cesc Fabregas' and not 'Xavi Hernandez' and that he'll try and pass the ball forward from time to time...

Don't know about Pique, but he did have a few great seasons. Playing Cesc in different positions is the chief reason he hasn't settled in, but he is too direct to tell for sure whether he'll ever be able to replace Xavi when he retires.

He's always said he wants to go back there. Arsenal is all he talks about according to Pique.
But it's changed a lot since he left and I doubt he want to fight for 4th or 5th place. He also had a great understanding with RVP which could be a plus for us too

Spoken like someone who simply doesn't watch him play much for Barcelona, you're not alone

Bore the shit out of everyone with one-two's at the corner-flag... El Chuckle Hermanos - "to me - to you...to me - to you...to me - to you...to me - to you.."

:lol:

If and when this transfer happens Id pay good money to be the one who got to tell piers Morgan.....right before I tie him down and put lit matches under his toenails.

Spoken like someone who simply doesn't watch him play much for Barcelona, you're not alone

You've probably already answered this somewhere but I've not kept up too well, what are your thoughts on Cesc? Do you want to keep him or would you rather cash in?

£50M. The point is that he's not going anywhere (and that Pexbo was explaining it like a muppet outlining his latest FM coup).

I never said he was going anywhere did I? A question was posed as to how much would people be willing to see us spend on him. I gave an honest answer which I think £40m would be enough to secure him.

Your not still bitter over RVP are ya Pete? Come on for god sake people are entitled to want to move somewhere that they can actually win trophies ;)

The only thing really indicating that this could happen is the fact that Storey thinks it won't.

For a lot of Arsenal fans this is the equivalent of Rooney and Ronaldo turning up together at City. I think I'll genuinely feel sorry for Pete if it happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.