F1 2024 Season

I think Oscar will win a WDC, just not sure about several. He s so calm and collected but doesn't have the lunatic part of him that also marked the multiple WDC winners like Michael, Lewis, Seb, Max etc. But hey that may still come out.
He reminds me of Prost in many ways.

Wondering if he's just that bit more ruthless as a start, e.g. taking the place off Lando, not just holding off and respecting him because he's their driver who's got the championship advantage

Will be very interesting to see how it all plays out
Long term there's a discussion to be had. Today he was the better of the 2, and Lando's struggles from pole have to end.
It’s just the sense I get from him. This is only his second season remember. I think he had some tyre management issues last year but he seems to have ironed those out. He just seems to have that it factor for me.

Oscar's calmness may stand him in good stead if fighting for a championship, no rash decisions/wild lunges out of frustration etc, it'll be interesting as Max is almost the opposite and rather emotional

Starting to think Lando is a bit "wet" for want of a better word, good driver, but absolute top tier? I'm not sure, e.g. his starts. Quite a lot of the championship winners have been ruthless, is he almost "too nice"? Like someone said, a touch of the Danny Ric about him

GWZiNqBWsAQaSmC

Glorious :cool:

I remember that race weekend, Ron Dennis' face reflected a man who knew he was going to get f*cked by the FIA the following week.

I mostly remember being absolutely hammered on Moretti.

And Kimi’s huge crash in FP3 (I think?).

We weren’t exactly blessed with a great variety of options, but Moretti is far from the worst lagers out there.
Agreed but Peroni is actually good and less expensive, if you want a mainstream beer you can find anywhere. Poretti is great and also really cheap

I personally think all the mainstream lagers are shite. I go for a Guinness if there's no decent craft beer/German lagers.

Sounds like it was a decent race, will watch the highlights later.

In other news

Kevin Magnussen receives a one-race ban.

Magnussen will miss the Azerbaijan GP as the FIA confirm the penalty points received during his clash with Pierre Gasly in today's race sees him reach the 12 penalty point limit in a 12 month period.

Sounds like it was a decent race, will watch the highlights later.

In other news

Kevin Magnussen receives a one-race ban.

Magnussen will miss the Azerbaijan GP as the FIA confirm the penalty points received during his clash with Pierre Gasly in today's race sees him reach the 12 penalty point limit in a 12 month period.
Highlights are the way to go. It was a snoozefest at times.

Very good race from Leclerc.

I don't think Lando deserves any swapping around for more points, he's still a flakey driver under pressure, I hoped he'd toughen up a bit by now.

Delighted KMag got a race ban, can't stand that fecker, ridiculously unnecessarily aggressive driver who ruins other people's races way to often. Can't wait until he's gone next season.

Alonso is so going to miss out on a Newey rocket isn't he, his timing (of getting old) continues to be impeccable.

Aston is such a bizarre pick if true. Stroll is such a nothing driver and Alonso in an OAP.
Nothing bizarre about it, quite logical if anything. Honda engine from 2026, Fallows and Alessi already part of the team there, new factory and investment in technology. Local to his current base.

Nothing bizarre about it, quite logical if anything. Honda engine from 2026, Fallows and Alessi already part of the team there, new factory and investment in technology. Local to his current base.
Yeah I think the being local thing especially played a big part. And he clearly already worked with Aston Martin while even still fully employed by RB. In many ways this isn't a surprise at all. Plus Papa Stroll probably was able to promise him all the toys he could ever dream of wanting. I do expect Stroll to sell the team in the not too distant future. With all the above lined up it ll be at peak value for him to cash out. Which may be helpful in also freeing up at least his son's seat. Will AM be building their own engine in 26?

FIA issue flexi-wing statement as several teams chase McLaren and Mercedes clarification:

- The FIA has issued a statement to clarify its stance on the level of front-wing flexing observed under a recent technical directive. Concerns have arisen regarding the flexibility of the front wings on some of Formula 1's leading cars.

- The level of front-wing flexibility has been under scrutiny, particularly since the Belgian GP, where the FIA introduced technical directive TD034G to monitor this aspect closely. This directive involves the use of ultra-high-resolution cameras and tracking dots to assess the degree of flexing.

- Despite all teams passing the current checks and load tests, leading teams like Ferrari, Red Bull, and Williams have expressed concerns over the flexibility seen in the front wings of McLaren and Mercedes. These concerns have been communicated to the FIA.

“The FIA is examining front wings at every event with numerous checks (conformity of surfaces, conformity of deflections) with respect to the relevant F1 Technical Regulation,” read the statement.

“All front wings are currently compliant with the 2024 regulations.”

“Since the Belgium Grand Prix, the FIA has acquired additional data during FP1 and FP2 sessions to assess dynamic behaviours through an FIA-mandated video camera which captures areas of the front wing that are not visible through the official FOM cameras.”

“This exercise will continue at least up until Singapore to ensure every team will have been running the mandated FIA camera on different types of tracks (low, medium, high, and very high downforce).”

“This will ensure a large database allowing the FIA to draw the most objective picture of the situation and quantify differences between the various dynamic patterns observed on track.”

“No component is infinitely stiff, which is the reason why there are load-deflection tests in the Regulations,”

“The front wing has been a challenging area throughout the years, because the aerodynamic loading patterns between different competitors varies and it is therefore difficult to find a load vector which will cover all types of front wing construction.”

“Other areas of the car – including rear wing and floor edges – have much more consistent aerodynamic loading patterns across the grid, making for a more universal load-deflection test.”

“The FIA has the right to introduce new tests if irregularities are suspected. There are no plans for any short-term measures, but we are evaluating the situation with the medium and long-term in mind.”

https://www.planetf1.com/news/fia-s...ren-mercedes-clarification-italian-grand-prix]

This sounds to me like a greeenlight for RB and Ferrari to make a more flexible front wing.