F1 2024 Season

if qually cant run today, they will try for sunday morning. if it cant be run then. they will use the results of the last FP session that was tun i.e. FP2. so max would start P13 having been p3 in fp2.

Was thinking about Maxs engine , I presume there is nothing in the rules about changing engines back.
Maybe they have took the grid pen here, run the new engine, saw the wet qualifying forecast and decided to put engine 4 back in and then have essentially a brand new engine for the next race with no grid pen.
It would mean that Max is not winning here, just damage limitation.

Was thinking about Maxs engine , I presume there is nothing in the rules about changing engines back.
Maybe they have took the grid pen here, run the new engine, saw the wet qualifying forecast and decided to put engine 4 back in and then have essentially a brand new engine for the next race with no grid pen.
It would mean that Max is not winning here, just damage limitation.
I agree, post summer break we have dutch GP then Monza then Baku. Makes sense to save the new engine for those races especially if you think a win or podium maybe out of reach.

Maybe RedBull dont think they have a big enough delta to overtake the ferraris and mclarens on track this weekend?

Max Verstappen may have been handed a 10-place grid penalty, but that pales in comparison to the punishment Yuki Tsunoda has received from the FIA.

It had already been reported that Verstappen was expected to take a grid penalty for taking a fifth internal combustion engine unit, taking him past his allowance for the season.

The iconic Spa track offers plenty of overtaking opportunities and is often a place where teams bring new components.

But Verstappen's decision to take a new ICE unit means he will drop 10 places on Sunday's starting grid.
That could leave him with too much to do to try and catch the likes of Lando Norris, Oscar Piastri and Lewis Hamilton.

However, he will have an easier task than RB's Tsunoda who has been handed an unprecedented 60-place grid penalty.

The Japanese star has brought in a fifth ICE, turbocharger, MGU-H and MGU-K as well as his third energy store and third set of control electronics for this weekend.
Any time a driver exceeds the allocation of any of the seven power unit elements, they are automatically given a 10-place grid penalty.

Tsunoda exceeded his allocation on six of the changes made to his car, resulting in the 60-place grid penalty.
So Yuki basically starting from Hungary.

Good interview from Horner on Sky.
Talked about Max in Hungary, interesting he said Max was realistically only going for a podium here , said the win would be hard, makes the engine change back to 4 look understandable.
He was also asked about Perez and he was pretty adamant that he needs a very good weekend here, Perez has said his mind in on winning.

Good interview from Horner on Sky.
Talked about Max in Hungary, interesting he said Max was realistically only going for a podium here , said the win would be hard, makes the engine change back to 4 look understandable.
He was also asked about Perez and he was pretty adamant that he needs a very good weekend here, Perez has said his mind in on winning.
If the other teams are smart then they allow Perez to get the win tomorrow so RB keep him and they can rack up way more points the rest of the season :lol:

Mercedes switching back to the floor used in Hungary. New floor was used in Friday and Hamilton complained of porposing.

Good news! The rain has stopped and there is a window where they shouldn't get any wet weather.

"The marshals are sweeping away the standing water and there are also some machines hoovering up the water too.

"If we get no more rain, I think qualifying will get under way as scheduled at 3pm."

Reminding those salty naysayers why he's the best driver on the grid.

I think Max went out at just the right time, where some of the front cars removed some water and before the rain.

I opted for Lando pole, would have chosen Max if he didn't have the penalty

Hopefully Perez is replaced as want to see who they go for (Danny Ric does NOT deserve it)

What's the forecast for the race?

Seems like Tv director hates Ferrari. Hasn't shown Ferrari throughout this session.

Perez was so close to getting fired after Q2. Unlucky Albon. Max is unreal.

Leclerc will be a sitting duck tomorrow :lol:

But well done, great lap.

Damn those RedBulls are quick in these conditions. Dry race tomorrow. Probably better to be P2 or P3 tomorrow as P1 will just drag p2 and p3 along the straight.

Ps, great lap from max, he is running a new engine in qually as sky just confirmed.