F1 2024 Season

McLaren confirmed they kept their low downforce setup from FP2 on Friday for the race on Sunday. They didn't change it for wet qually.

Should be a interesting cat and mouse tomorrow between RedBulls and McLaren's. RedBulls setup to be fast in S2 (twisty bits) and McLaren setup to be fast in S1 and S3 (straights).

Also Mercedes think neither them or Ferrari are in contention for the race win. Also podium will be tough. The McLaren's and RedBulls just too quick this weekend.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/...p-qualifying-for-stronger-race-pace/10639531/

Yeah, I am not really sure you followed enough of both with that comment.

Nah I watched them plenty. Even met Senna. Those two knew exactly what they were doing. Max is the currently the equivalent of a spoiled kid who doesn't like being told no.

Nah the McLarens are way to quick here in dry conditions. Max will probably get a podium though.
Think so too. Max is great in the wet but the difference won't be as big in the dry and McLaren have their cars setup for the dry conditions as well so should be faster tomorrow.

Think so too. Max is great in the wet but the difference won't be as big in the dry and McLaren have their cars setup for the dry conditions as well so should be faster tomorrow.
Yep exactly. If Norris keeps his head tomorrow he'll win easily.

Don't forget they a) may have the car setup for dry conditions and b) the car setup for race rather than qually.

McLaren confirmed they kept their low downforce setup from FP2 on Friday for the race on Sunday. They didn't change it for wet qually.

Should be a interesting cat and mouse tomorrow between RedBulls and McLaren's. RedBulls setup to be fast in S2 (twisty bits) and McLaren setup to be fast in S1 and S3 (straights).

Also Mercedes think neither them or Ferrari are in contention for the race win. Also podium will be tough. The McLaren's and RedBulls just too quick this weekend.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/...p-qualifying-for-stronger-race-pace/10639531/
You did say that was the case.
Should make for a good race.

I seriously doubt any other team made a setup for rain either, considering everyone knew tomorrow will be dry, I think they are just consoling themselves, but they are faster than Ferrari anyway. But I guess we will see if they can match Red Bull.

I seriously doubt any other team made a setup for rain either, considering everyone knew tomorrow will be dry, I think they are just consoling themselves, but they are faster than Ferrari anyway. But I guess we will see if they can match Red Bull.
We will only see that if Max manages to drive to the front from P11 in the first couple of laps. Perez is unlikely to hold up McLaren much in my opinion.

We will only see that if Max manages to drive to the front from P11 in the first couple of laps. Perez is unlikely to hold up McLaren much in my opinion.
Im pretty confident Checo has it in him to go bowling like Bottas. Only problem is that he ll probably wipe out his own teammate with it like he already almost very nearly did a few times so far.

Surely everyone is managing the race never seen everyone so close together, strategy will be interesting.

Ridiculous mistake from Norris at the start. Interesting to see if Lewis can keep this pace up on the next stint.

Feels like it’s Lewis v Max looking at the race pace. Sainz a bit of a wild card on the hards.

I had Lewis well both Mercedes not challenging even for a podium, on this pace the win is a possibility.
Yeah their race pace has caught everyone by surprise. Was thinking Max would be making more moves up but tire management is important too.