F1 2023 Season

Drivers out in SQ2
Chequered flag out for SQ2, these are the five drivers out...
11. Oscar Piastri, McLaren
12. Nico Hulkenberg, Haas
13. Esteban Ocon, Alpine
14. Kevin Magnussen, Haas
15. Logan Sargeant, Williams

Better off asking the FIA , more excitement for fans and TV yeah I can understand that, but I think this is just daft.
Its so stupid. We all know that theres no need for sprint qualifiying. They should just reverse the grid via championship standings for the sprint race and award points for top ten finishes, 10p for 1st, 6p for 6th etc.

Makes sprints so much more interesting to watch. Could a Haas hold onto the lead? Would max risk trying to get through the field for points or play it safe for sunday? It makes everything much more interesting. But top teams wont cooperate with the idea.

Where have Ferrari got their speed from , mega upgrades? Engine tweaks?
Whatever they have done it works
Other than a rear wing change, its alledgly the same car as melbourne. Seems to be a combination of things; leclerc is mega around here, redbull are struggling to get the fronts upto temp for the qually runs.

I expect both redbulls to breeze past leclerc in sprint after a few laps when their front tyre are up to temp and their drs advantage kicks in.

Yeah, Red Bulls will easily overtake Leclerc in the race, no way Ferrari can keep up with race tempo and tyre menagement. It's just his genius qualifying pace that gained him poles, Sainz wasn't even close.

Why would anyone bother starting a sprint race from the pit lane? What's the point?
What would be hilarious is if there is a giant shunt in the sprint that takes out half the grid. The tomorrow there isnt enough time to get the cars repaired and back on the track so we have a GP with half the grid missing.

Fecking stupid sprints.

Heres and idea of sprint qually, one shot one lap run. One driver on the track, single warm up lap then the qually run of a single lap only. Screw it up, i.e. crash and you go to the back of the grid.

Randomise the order of who goes out when as well.

Some other good ideas would be;
  • Leave all race weekends as normal qualifying and race
  • Get rid of DRS
  • Tell Croft to stop talking like everything is a joke and that we are children
  • Get rid of Croft
  • Have a TV director that understands the sport
  • STOP with all the replays (or at least put them in a corner of the screen)
  • Stop using the safety car as a means of shaking up the race

I got a small bet at Leclerc winning today at 5.25-1, I fully expect Red Bull to take this, but if Charles wants to win something it’s today, come on lad.

FIA are so slow, as soon as that tyre was bouncing down the road, it should have been a saftey car.

Max is in the position where lewis has been for years. When you have a world championship to think about, you cant take risks against other drivers who arent in the championship race.