Explosions at Boston Marathon

This whole thread fels like a player transfer thread.

So and so is at Carrington.

No his agent is.

Actually they're meeting Fergie for some dinner and wine.

They just took pics at OT with Gill, my ITK source just told me.

"Perp in custody"

At least thats what they are saying on the scanner.

At least Americans will now become experts on Chechnya in the coming weeks. Currently they think this guy is the king of the country:

Chesney+Hawkes+Hair.jpg

Turns out they actually said, "until the perp is in custody"

It can be fecking hard to follow this shit at times :lol:

They keep talking about suspicious people and they change to burgers...

Bag with multiple circuit boards in it in one location. Another location with a suspicious package apparently.

Turns out they actually said, "until the perp is in custody"

It can be fecking hard to follow this shit at times :lol:

They keep talking about suspicious people and they change to burgers...

It's as bad as the pikies "calling out" each other for a fight on youtube.

Does anyone know the details surrounding the shoot out? How did the kid get away in the vehicle? Wouldn't some of the cops followed the car and then it would become a routine car chase that would've ended by now.

Does anyone know the details surrounding the shoot out? How did the kid get away in the vehicle? Wouldn't some of the cops followed the car and then it would become a routine car chase that would've ended by now.

Yeah, that's would be interesting to know. I haven't followed this closely enough to know, but CNN reporters keep saying that there was a 'car chase' before, a shootout, and then one suspect got away...weird

It does make my mind hurt thinking how he got away being so close to the police, car or not.

If one suspect was down and armed they probably wouldn't approach from the most direct route and it would be pretty easy for them to lose a guy after making a detour.

Well apparently one of the brothers threw a bomb at the police during the gunfight which didn't reach them but caused a lot of smoke, the older brother then ran at the police and died, the younger brother during this got in the car and drove at the police.

So it sounds like it was a pretty crazy couple of minutes but you'd still think at least one car would have been able to follow.

No, all those details will probably come out within a few days though. Key will probably be how many cops were involved at that moment, which will relate to at what point in all of these did they realize the two involved were the two bombing suspects.

It does seem that the kid got very very lucky. I mean, what are the chances of one guy managing to escape that level of police presence, a car chase, and a shootout?

That, or there was a feckup somewhere from the police. I guess it'll all come to light over the next few days.

With them being so sure he's in this area, you'd think they'd have found him by now.

It does seem that the kid got very very lucky. I mean, what are the chances of one guy managing to escape that level of police presence, a car chase, and a shootout?

That, or there was a feckup somewhere from the police. I guess it'll all come to light over the next few days.

Well one thing to remember is that the police presence at the time the chase and shootout took place probably was not quite the level we started seeing shortly after that. Unless this was like the chase at the end of The Blues Brothers movie.

As of right now we do not know exactly at what point during all this it was that they realized what at first appeared to be a shooting at MIT and then a seperate report of a car jacking, were in fact related to the bombing, which then would have drawn a massive police response.

So almost 4 hours then

If he isn't in Boston, reports say that he might have made off to Connecticut. For those watching, do they know if he has a car, or have they said anything about what kind of car they would be looking for?