Explosions at Boston Marathon

The Associated Press ‏@AP 3m

BREAKING: AP: Surviving Boston bomb suspect identified as Dzhokhar A. Tsarnaev, 19, of Cambridge, Mass. -SS
Expand
The Associated Press The Associated Press ‏@AP 9m

BREAKING: AP sources: Boston bomb suspects from Russia region near Chechnya, lived in US at least 1 year. -SS

AP has been wrong before, btw.

lol @ 4chan and the twat's on twitter if true though.

From the caucuses - most likely Muslim :(

So much for my prayers - but feel terrible for the Indian guy - his family losing him and then hearing he was now a terror suspect. At least they are now saved from that pain...

I had almost hoped that it would just be some home-grown loonies rather than guys from foreign countries.. less chance of people wanting to go to war overseas

Same here. This will only increase racial tensions which nobody wants, apart from those with political agendas.

BREAKING: NBC's Pete Williams reports the marathon bombing suspects are brothers

It's the Russians apparently, god damn Russians.

From the caucuses - most likely Muslim :(

So much for my prayers - but feel terrible for the Indian guy - his family losing him and then hearing he was now a terror suspect. At least they are now saved from that pain...
What Indian guy? Is the Indian guy wrongly accused and is now missing?

Doesn't necessarily have to be a organized russian attack or something, tbf.

Could just be some psycho's.

Sky giving out Russian/Chechen sounding names.

Funny how Sky are quick to jump on the bandwagon and give out the names, even though they're unconfirmed, while the BBC report that names are being circulated, but refuse to give them out until police confirmation.

I still find it strange how one man managed to escape a police shootout, and seemingly get away (for now at least).

Why would Chechens hate the US? Surely Russian would be the enemy?

unless part o a global organization who pretty much hates everyone and anyone with America at the top of the list.

Why would Chechens hate the US? Surely Russian would be the enemy?

There were lots of jihadists that went to Chechnya during their independence war. Once that war was lost - they fanned out and helped to indoctrinate a lot of ppl. I can see how a youngster could be radicalized and then encouraged to strike at the infidel

The Sunil fella...missing from a month ago- 4chan and Co named him as one of the suspects, all media then picked up on it and splashed his name everywhere.

Looks like he was innocent, must be terrible for his family seeing their son get accused like this although this might actually help them find him.

There were lots of jihadists that went to Chechnya during their independence war. Once that war was lost - they fanned out and helped to indoctrinate a lot of ppl. I can see how a youngster could be radicalized and then encouraged to strike at the infidel

Could be I guess.

Funny how Sky are quick to jump on the bandwagon and give out the names, even though they're unconfirmed, while the BBC report that names are being circulated, but refuse to give them out until police confirmation.

I still find it strange how one man managed to escape a police shootout, and seemingly get away (for now at least).

Which is what any reliable news organisation should do, but then you get the "We are the news" morons on twitter and reddit pouring praise on themselves...for getting just about every conceivable part of the story wrong.

Whilst their solving of the case which again so many poured praise on themselves amounted to pinning the blame on some random innocent.

BINWc6jCAAAf3hO.jpg

BINM28bCUAEKYxR.jpg:large

BINM28bCUAEKYxR.jpg:large

`shawna_england Shawna England ⚓ 15m
View from my house...crazy #watertown pic.twitter.com/LFl1gVfASt

In fairness to Sky, about a minute before they released the names they were talking about how they will not release names unless they are more or less certain of the authenticity of the source, they only reported the names when the AP released them whom Sky believe to be a very reliable source.

I'm sorry but this comment on his page made me laugh - "Dude, why did you blow up America? :( "

holy crap, can anybody understand russian? would love to know what that video he posted says.

Interesting to see his religious views are "islamic" according to his profile

Why would they do the attack and then not claim it ? Didn't try and escape either.

It's amusing to see people on twitter heaping praise on reddit (or at least those who've not yet realised that the Sunil Tripathi stuff was false) for the news reporting and amateur detection service. They've been wrong every step of the way. My personal favourite are the tweets claiming the people of reddit "solved" the case, which even if the name was correct, naming someone in a picture is hardly solving a case. Particularly when the pictures they were putting up of suspects and theories behind them were unanimously wrong.

Even worse is people refferring to CNN and the like as "snail news" if this incident shows anything, its exactly why news shouldn't be chasing to be the first to break. Checking sources is all important.

It is so stupid.

Have they specified how #1 died? Just in the shootout/bomb blast or what?

Why would they do the attack and then not claim it ? Didn't try and escape either.

Well during the gunfight/chase with the cops they were apparently throwing devices at the police so it would seem they had more planned. That may have been what they were up to at MIT when they killed the police officer, that's pure speculation on my part though.

@ellievhall: NBC: Dzhokar Tsarnaev drove over his brother's body to get away from shootout scene at MIT.

BBC talking of Kurdistan, not Chechnya.