Explosions at Boston Marathon

The Boston Globe ‏@BostonGlobe 4m

One Marathon bombing suspect has been caught, and another is on the loose in Watertown after a firefight with police, officials said.

MXyh5nk.png

https://www.fbi.gov/news/updates-on-investigation-into-multiple-explosions-in-boston/image/suspect2behindwoman[/IMG

[IMG]https://www.fbi.gov/news/updates-on-investigation-into-multiple-explosions-in-boston/image/suspectstogetherincrowd

If these are the bombers, doesn't seem a very organized attack by some group. Caught in 10 mile radius 3/4 days after.

Apparently their names are Mike Mulugeta & Sunil Tripathi (according to the scanner anyway) The latter a student who went missing from Brown University last month? Shit is crazy.

You could also go the other way and assume they stuck around because the plan all along was for more attacks. For all we know they were setting one up at MIT when they were spotted.

It fits with the "extra" IEDs we've been hearing about.

Apparently their names are Mike Mulugeta & Sunil Tripathi (according to the scanner anyway) The latter a student who went missing from Brown University last month? Shit is crazy.

4chan got this right then.

Why were the FBI involved in the dissapearence of this Tripathi guy in the first place? I can understand if it'd been suspicious circumstances, but surely they don't get involved in these sort of cases as a matter of routine? There's thousands of people who go missing every year after all in a country like the US. Makes me wonder if they were monitoring him prior to him going missing.

Why were the FBI involved in the dissapearence of this Tripathi guy in the first place? I can understand if it'd been suspicious circumstances, but surely they don't get involved in these sort of cases as a matter of routine? There's thousands of people who go missing every year after all in a country like the US. Makes me wonder if they were monitoring him prior to him going missing.

Apparently when he went missing an explosive device was found on the university campus, so could be because of that.

EDIT: Apparently it's not confirmed to be the missing student, and that "news" started on Reddit.

EDIT 2: No foot pursuit now, they lost him.

Scanner definitely gave names a little while ago, couldn't hear them clearly along with the numbers they were giving though.

Sunil does not look like the white cap guy though, that guy has thicker eye brows and I doubt his hair could have grown that much 1-2 months

Where did you hear they have 2 people in custody?

The first suspect was shot and the second is on the run.

They showed a naked guy being taken into custody and put into a car on CNN. It was the same guy who was down on the mat earlier.

Then there camera person confirmed FBI took a second person too. There was a pic of that guy posted here earlier too. He was taken handcuffed right in front of him.

He's still speaking live right now on CNN/CNN world.

They showed a naked guy being taken into custody and put into a car on CNN. It was the same guy who was down on the mat earlier.

Then there camera person confirmed FBI took a second person too. There was a pic of that guy posted here earlier too. He was taken handcuffed right in front of him.

He's still speaking live right now on CNN/CNN world.

That naked guy was released a while back. CNN are very slow, this channel is more up to date - http://www1.whdh.com/video/7newslive

I was watching that earlier but they change what they are saying every few minutes. Trying to be too quick.

All sorts of reports doing the round right now. But i definitely heard the scanner taking 2 names about half a hour back.

Starting house to house search for one suspect now.

Why would the FBI have been involved in helping look for a missing person a few weeks ago?

Did they know something was going to happen?

Some people have said that. Doesn't look that similar to me but I guess he could have lost weight since then.

tripathi3.PNG

He looks very similar here, just with shorter hair. Chin and nose are exactly the same shape.

Why would the FBI have been involved in helping look for a missing person a few weeks ago?

Did they know something was going to happen?

Why were the FBI involved in the dissapearence of this Tripathi guy in the first place? I can understand if it'd been suspicious circumstances, but surely they don't get involved in these sort of cases as a matter of routine? There's thousands of people who go missing every year after all in a country like the US. Makes me wonder if they were monitoring him prior to him going missing...

Two scenarios, the first being more likely:

1. Since his father is very very wealthy/influential, they might have had some reason to suspect kidnapping and/or were pressured to look into the possibility.

2. They had reason - for example the family quietly coming forward with information - to connect him to the explosive device found on campus at that time that Olly posted about.

Been following this on reddit, some guy has been posting minute by minute updates almost. Am I right in thinking they got caught trying to plant more, killed the officer and are now on the run with one captured?

Feel for the Poor guy that apparently was in the wrong place in the wrong place and made to strip naked and flashed worldwide.

Been following this on reddit, some guy has been posting minute by minute updates almost. Am I right in thinking they got caught trying to plant more, killed the officer and are now on the run with one captured?

Which reddit page ?

Still not clear how all this started.

Yeah, could be him. Seemed to be messed up and depressed etc.. too.