g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Music Eurovision 2024

hobbers

The vote is meaningless in the grand scheme. Any vote will be won by a small minority group if they all back one option and the large majority are split 24 ways.

All it shows is the opinion of 10-15% of eurovision voters. Could probably work it out precisely.

Giggsyking

I don't think it's a minority though.

Here check the stadium,

You are making wrong conclusions from a stupid voting system, for example there was a pro Israeli lady yesterday said she voted 60 times from three different countries.

Most who watched the thing did not even vote, and those who voted did it once, ecxept for the pro Israeli people, it was a duty. I think accusing a whole continent of racism is bad.

For example, Israel got 12 points from Ireland,

in reality the Irish feeling about the conflict is

Last edited:

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
It gets ~150-200 million viewers worldwide, most of whom are obviously in Europe, so it's not exactly insignificant. But yes, extrapolating majority support for Israel from winning the viewer vote among 25 countries is clearly faulty logic. Israel supporters had one option, while Palestine supporters had 24. Literally the only thing it shows is how good hardcore Israel supporters in various countries were at organizing.
It is so clear, isn't it? But some people just can't understand it.

Halftrack

I don't think it's a minority though.
You merely need a plurality of the votes to get 12 points from a country, and given that there are 25 options to vote for, a plurality could be as little as 5%. Now, that's a bit unlikely, because that would require a fairly even vote spread, but I wouldn't be surprised if their vote share in a lot of countries from which they got 12 points was less than 20%.

There was a concerted effort by certain groups (conservative, christian, anti-woke) to vote for Israel, and the people who did were probably more likely than the average viewer to use all of their 20 votes. An average viewer might also vote for a few different countries while watching, while the Israel-supporters shot off 20 votes for Israel as soon as the voting opened.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
Here check the stadium,

You are making wrong conclusions from a stupid voting system, for example there was a pro Israeli lady yesterday said she voted 60 times from three different countries.

Most who watched the thing did not even vote, and those who voted did it once, ecxept for the pro Israeli people, it was a duty. I think accusing a whole continent of racism is bad.

For example, Israel got 12 points from Ireland,

in reality the Irish feeling about the conflict is

Gotta love all the people in her replies showing what a shambles it is.

Laurencio

Gotta love all the people in her replies showing what a shambles it is.

People are crazy. It's sad that circumventing georestrictions in voting for a country in Eurovision is somehow seen as completely normal behaviour by some people.

Superunknown

We traditionally watch this in our household, but we booked tickets for Mitski ages ago. Didn't twig that the gig and Eurovision were on the same night until a few months ago!

The gig was amazing. We're now home, have just had a takeaway and are now watching this from the beginning! Really enjoyed the first three songs in the running order. Sweden's track is actually pretty good. I really liked Ukraine's song in the semis and it sounded pretty great in the final.

We've tried to avoid too much Eurovision news, but ultimately that was spoiled when we woke up as our phone gave us notifications of the winning act. Bluddy internet! Not too worry, we're still enjoying watching it.

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
It's basically the arts and entertainment champions league final. The same people who watch this will be wondering why people get so excited for 90 minutes of football.
‘Arts’ is doing a lot of heavy lifting there. ;)

The exhibitionist entertainment champions league final is a more accurate description. I watched Britain’s entry earlier and it looked like a gay orgy in a public toilet, with the four male dancers at one point resembling four dogs trying to vomit. George Michael’s Outside it wasn’t.

I also learned that Ireland’s oh so queer and non-binary ‘rebel’ Bambie Thug is actually heterosexual and in a long term relationship with the male dancer she performed with. Sinead O’Connor ripping up a picture of the pope on live TV in the early 90s was rebellious. This was just cosplaying…with official endorsement from the political and media mainstream. It’s all pretty pathetic imo.

Superunknown

The UK entry is up now. It actually sounds better now than it did when it was shown in the semis. Sounded quite flat and subdued there. Sounded a bit more interesting this time around. I'm still not big on it, but it's better than it was before.

The Greece entry was trash. Sounded like 5 songs in one, all of them shite.

Withnail

‘Arts’ is doing a lot of heavy lifting there. ;)

The exhibitionist entertainment champions league final is a more accurate description. I watched Britain’s entry earlier and it looked like a gay orgy in a public toilet, with the four male dancers at one point resembling four dogs trying to vomit. George Michael’s Outside it wasn’t.

I also learned that Ireland’s oh so queer and non-binary ‘rebel’ Bambie Thug is actually heterosexual and in a long term relationship with the male dancer she performed with. Sinead O’Connor ripping up a picture of the pope on live TV in the early 90s was rebellious. This was just cosplaying…with official endorsement from the political and media mainstream. It’s all pretty pathetic imo.

You seem confused.

Bambie Thug is non-binary. Have they claimed to not to be attracted to men? I've not heard them define their sexuality, to be honest. In any case, being bi or pan, for example, wouldn't preclude them from being in a relationship with a man.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
The UK entry is up now. It actually sounds better now than it did when it was shown in the semis. Sounded quite flat and subdued there. Sounded a bit more interesting this time around. I'm still not big on it, but it's better than it was before.

The Greece entry was trash. Sounded like 5 songs in one, all of them shite.
I'm still surprised. Years and Years are an ok band and I like the main guys voice. I better go check out this performance.

Superunknown

I'm still surprised. Years and Years are an ok band and I like the main guys voice. I better go check out this performance.
I'm still not entirely sure on the mixing of it. It did sound like everything was better volume wise this time around, as apparently there was an issue with his microphone in the semis. Still, it doesn't quite do it for me. I do wonder if it's a song that maybe comes across better in the arena, although the visuals are quite interesting on tv.

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
You seem confused.
Yeah that’s it, I’m confused. :rolleyes:

Bambie Thug is non-binary. Have they claimed to not to be attracted to men? I've not heard them define their sexuality, to be honest. In any case, being bi or pan, for example, wouldn't preclude them from being in a relationship with a man.
I couldn’t care less what she (or they, yadda yadda) identifies as. Bambie Thug et al are just hitching a ride on the gay movement’s back.

Withnail

I couldn’t care less what she (or they, yadda yadda) identifies as. Bambie Thug et al are just hitching a ride on the gay movement’s back.
When did they say they were a lesbian or not attracted to men though? Non-binary is not a sexual orientation.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Is queer another word that has lost its meaning?
:rolleyes:

Superunknown

Eurovision this year has roughly been 10% about the songs, and 90% about everything else. A shame given the songs are pretty good on the whole, this season.

Superunknown

Up to Armenia's entry. It's ok and upbeat. Colouring staging, too. Just not a song that does too much for me. I like it more than Portugal's entry that was up just before it.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
He's always been a really weak vocalist, at least live. Couple that with what was a rather generic dance-pop song, and it's no surprise he didn't win over the audience.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
He's always been a really weak vocalist, at least live. Couple that with what was a rather generic dance-pop song, and it's no surprise he didn't win over the audience.
I really like their song 'Gold '. Maybe it's a live thing as you say

Superunknown

Gotta say Switzerland's performance was excellent in the final. Really was memorable. Great and unique staging. Simple but pretty cool. The track builds quite nicely and hits.

Superunknown

The Slovenia entry gives me Witcher 3 vibes. Makes me want to cast igni right now. Banging body, too.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll

What are you saying though? They are non binary. Hence part of the community. What more is there to say?

Superunknown

France's entry. Just, wow. Fecking incredible.

My favourite entries are (in no particular order):

Croatia
France
Netherlands (R.I.P. - fecking robbed)
Switzerland
Estonia (it's amazing, imo)

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
What are you saying though? They are non binary. Hence part of the community. What more is there to say?
Sadly there are people who think those in straight presenting relationships aren't part of the queer community, it goes against the very inclusion that was fought for all these years.

Withnail

Sadly there are people who think those in straight presenting relationships aren't part of the queer community, it goes against the very inclusion that was fought for all these years.
I was reading recently that the majority of bisexuals are in heterosexual relationships and it seems surprising on the face of it.

However, they broke down the % of population who are straight vs gay/bi and if you are bi there are something like 9 times as many people of the opposite you could be attracted to when compared to those of the same sex who are also bi/gay. Purely based on numbers you're going to meet a lot more people of the opposite sex who are attracted to you and that you find attractive than of the opposite sex. This doesn't really help banish the stigma bisexuals experience but it doesn't make them any less bisexual or mean they are not part of the LGBT community.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
If anyone thinks Israel legitimately got that many votes from the public they are wrong. They state sponsor shilling and farm these votes, just as they brigade certain subreddits

Amir

If anyone thinks Israel legitimately got that many votes from the public they are wrong. They state sponsor shilling and farm these votes, just as they brigade certain subreddits
I seriously doubt that. I'd expect there were some private initiatives, though.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Last edited:

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Supports