EU Referendum | UK residents vote today.

Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the EU?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is David Cameron not on the 'In Crowd' picture when he is the biggest voice of the remain campaign?

Just about to post that...and where's his sidekick, little Georgie?

Also where is Tony Blair? He is a remainer and what a lovely trustworthy man he is too. These memes showing random people on each side of the argument are ridiculous as you could pick a load of idiots for whichever side you disagree with.

Last edited:
Bob Geldof has made himself look a right idiot today. Fair enough if he dislikes Farage but you don't use that as a reason to sabotage an event arranged by the fisherman to protest against the damage the EU has done to their industry. A young lady has posted on twitter explaining how she left Geldof's boat in protest due to his behavior.

The likes of Geldof and Eddie Izzard will have done the remain campaign no favours.

Bob Geldof has made himself look a right idiot today. Fair enough if he dislikes Farage but you don't use that as a reason to sabotage an event arranged by the fisherman to protest against the damage the EU has done to their industry. A young lady has posted on twitter explaining how she left Geldof's boat in protest due to his behavior.

The likes of Geldof and Eddie Izzard will have done the remain campaign no favours.

Everyone involved in it made themselves look like idiots. It was the sort of thing that would be rejected from 'The thick of it' for being too daft.

Surely this can't be true

Everyone involved in it made themselves look like idiots. It was the sort of thing that would be rejected from 'The thick of it' for being too daft.

I miss the ability to satirise the news

I miss the ability to satirise the news

I think im going to write down what happened in politics the last few years, sit on it, and when I'm 80 release a film about it once everyones forgotten . Everyone will call me a comedic genius and wonder how i managed to make it all up.

I think im going to write down what happened in politics the last few years, sit on it, and when I'm 80 release a film about it once everyones forgotten . Everyone will call me a comedic genius and wonder how i managed to make it all up.
Don't forget to record all the dirty tricks that Cam et al come up with before 23rd June. They will make your film doubly interesting but you'll need to recognise them as such first. Pay attention and you may have a blockbuster.

Don't forget to record all the dirty tricks that Cam et al come up with before 23rd June. They will make your film doubly interesting but you'll need to recognise them as such first. Pay attention and you may have a blockbuster.

I think any work on Cameron might be considered derivitive of Charlie Brooker's 2011 biopic in Black Mirror.

I wouldn't be surprised. Johnson would run this country like no other before him. The working class will be on their hands and knees.

Anybody in the UK that authorises such an outcome is a scumbag.

The British Medical Journal has broken with tradition and has backed to Vote Remain for the sake of the NHS.

Hmm who's side would you rather be on the BMJ or The Sun where Murdoch specifically has stated he doesn't like Brussels because he can't influence then.

Now to be fair he might be on a WUM, but if not, this is peak Farage

He's on a wum. When you get asked questions like that it's always tempting to give such a reply. Farage is a known joker and that's a typical Farage response.

Yeah. I'd like him to have said it sincerely just for the :lol: but don't think he would have done.

Ck_q7jJXAAIiOWV.jpg

As a general rule I tend to think if you find yourself on the same side of an argument as Katie Hopkins you probably need to have a quiet word with yourself

It's curious that the 2 biggest names and voices in the remain camp (and biggest cnuts) are not included. And the myth of benevolent Branson should have died long ago.

Personally I think that leaving would be hugely damaging to the most vulnerable in this country but the utter shitheadedness and arrogance of the remain campaign is almost as noxious as the plane cuntery of the out lot.

Even if you add Cameron and Osbourne, the level of cnutishness would still fall heavily under the Leave side. But that makes sense their only logical argument is on immigration which whilst valid is often based on people's fears.

It's curious that the 2 biggest names and voices in the remain camp (and biggest cnuts) are not included. And the myth of benevolent Branson should have died long ago.

Personally I think that leaving would be hugely damaging to the most vulnerable in this country but the utter shitheadedness and arrogance of the remain campaign is almost as noxious as the plane cuntery of the out lot.
Being in the EU has not lessened the suffering of the most vulnerable.

Gove on Turkey's potential EU membership was astonishing:

Gove: "The only way to have control over whether we are in a union with Turkey is to vote Leave"

Dimbleby: "We have a veto over that within the EU"

Gove: blusters "Ermm, yes but the Prime Minister has no intention of using it"

Gove: "The only way to have control over whether we are in a union with Turkey is to vote Leave"

:lol:

:lol:

Out of the 8 people, the 3 English people pay their taxes and contribute to providing the public services they receive, don't the other 5 pay taxes?

Lol, yeah it's that simple, they pay tax and a new school place appears, and a new hospital bed appears. It's always playing catch up which is the problem, if you can't see that....

Last edited:
'For the first time in four decades i can express my democratic will directly, and i'm damn well not going to waste the opportunity.'

I assume you mean on the issue of Britain's membership in the EU (if you dont its factually incorrect even in our broken system) but if you dont trust general elections as a means to express your democratic will on such an important issue as this how can you, on the other hand, hold them up as an effective way to hold government to account for the more trivial matter of 'defending liberal values'. There's a logical inconsistency there.

What you have to bear in mind, is that government has promised referenda in the past only then to renege later with little consequence. Other issues, like tax credit reform for example, can be more easily influenced through a stand by MPs and media pressure.

Of course if the Coalition had proceeded with the localism agenda, we the voter would have local referenda at our disposal as well as the ability to recall MPs.

1) Do you understand how poll sampling works? Because based on this statement, you do clearly do not.

2) Don't cherry pick "actor" and "athlete" knowing full well there are many "well-informed" groups on that list that the Leave bloc also clearly does not trust.

3) Then you are in the vast minority of your voting bloc.

1) I am admittedly taking umbrage at the implications of those tweets. If a Remainer says that they trust something but have done next-to-no research into the matter, then that's no recommendation.

2) It is also not a simple thing: presumably 'experts' were involved with the reports put forwarded by the Treasury, OECD and IMF, yet none could be said to be objective in their reasoning.

3) It wouldn't be the first time that i have found myself in the minority.

Why is David Cameron not on the 'In Crowd' picture when he is the biggest voice of the remain campaign?
Just about to post that...and where's his sidekick, little Georgie?

And the BMJ's new ally, Jeremy Hunt.

The Out list is clearly slanted, and sun_tzu was able to continue peddling his narrative that Leavers are all racists.

Last edited:
Being in the EU has not lessened the suffering of the most vulnerable.

I agree and it's why I think that a significant number of people likely to vote Brexit are not racist louts as charactetised, but desperate people who have been and will continue to be fecked over by the status quo and are willing to risk what little they have for a pipe dream.

And it's not Farage who has fecked them but the likes of Blair, Cameron and Osbourne. Farage and co are merely vultures.

Yeah, always the last resort of the remainers. They've nothing else to fight back with....well apart from personal attacks on everyone who supports Brexit.

Don't think anyone said Leavers are all racists. I mean if that's the impression you want to take from looking at that list then that's your own choice.

It was clearly slanted but obviously someone who is pro-Brexit would never slant anything.

What the feck is happening at the moment?

The Thames flotillas is a new nadir.

Also, wilful ignorance from Leave

And to be clear, there are valid criticisms of the EU, but if Leave wins it will have been won on the back of misinformation and appealing to the toxic anti-immigration sentiment of working class and older voters

What the actual feck?

Leave supporters don't trust anyone, seemingly. They're voting with their gut. Cameron has seriously fecked the country over by allowing a referendum on such a complicated issue when half the country has no intention on balancing the facts.

If we Brexit, it'll be because of the sheer parochial, pig-headedness of the Leave voters. This is madness.

Don't think anyone said Leavers are all racists. I mean if that's the impression you want to take from looking at that list then that's your own choice.

It was clearly slanted but obviously someone who is pro-Brexit would never slant anything.
1. Think you've misunderstood my post. My comment had nothing to do with "that list".

2. Don't come those sort of comments either. They're just not necessary.

I agree and it's why I think that a significant number of people likely to vote Brexit are not racist louts as charactetised, but desperate people who have been and will continue to be fecked over by the status quo and are willing to risk what little they have for a pipe dream.

And it's not Farage who has fecked them but the likes of Blair, Cameron and Osbourne. Farage is merely a vulture.

How can you agree? Unless you know for definite what the alternative outside the EU would be then your argument doesn't stand up. If we Brexit then we might get to see the alternative and how do you envisage the most needy doing well in an utterly fecked economy.

Yeah, always the last resort of the remainers. They've nothing else to fight back with....well apart from personal attacks on everyone who supports Brexit.

Go on on what issues have remain 'not been able to fight back' on?

UK citizens don't have a veto so I don't particularly disagree with his statement there. It's quite likely whoever is in power would allow Turkey to join as long as it met the conditions.

It's rather pointless to focus on Turkey as they're not joining anytime soon but I think it's a valid argument in what it represents.

How can you agree? Unless you know for definite what the alternative outside the EU would be then your argument doesn't stand up. If we Brexit then we might get to see the alternative and how do you envisage the most needy doing well in an utterly fecked economy.

Go on on what issues have remain 'not been able to fight back' on?
They haven't managed to fight back on anything sensibly. It's been all doom-mongering and depression. You've just done it there with "how do you envisage the most needy doing well in an utterly fecked economy". In your eyes it's already fecked if we leave, yet you have no idea how the economy will go. You haven't even got an idea of how it will go if we stay in the EU. Greece has fallen apart at the seams and will leave the EU (consider that a prediction), Italy is on a downhill path and the Eurozone is fecked.

The Alternative outside the EU will be up to this government and and if you don't trust the government to get us a good deal in any respect then why the heck do you trust anything they're are telling you about the risks of leaving.

How can you agree?
Because I believe that vulnerable people's suffering has not been alleviated.

Unless you know for definite what the alternative outside the EU would be then your argument doesn't stand up. If we Brexit then we might get to see the alternative and how do you envisage the most needy doing well in an utterly fecked economy.

I made no speculative comparison with what might have happened whatsoever.

I actually think that it will be worse outside the EU for vulnerable people. But I'm not about to start campaigning for Mephistopheles against the Devil.

Cameron's fondness of u-turns does not add to his credibility either.

Past statements by Dave:
"I want us to pave the road from Ankara to Brussels."

"We wholeheartedly support Turkish membership, and shall persuade others to do so."

If we Brexit, it'll be because of the sheer parochial, pig-headedness of the Leave voters. This is madness.

So not the EU's own flaws and incompetence then, and failure to reform spanning three decades?

Cameron's fondness of u-turns does not add to his credibility either.

Past statements by Dave:

Cameron's almost absurd with the number of u-turns he's had, but when's the Turkey quote from? Approving of Turkey joining in, say, 2010-2012 would've been a lot less controversial and less dangerous than it is now due to the escalation of the ISIS problem there.

So not the EU's own flaws and incompetence then, and failure to reform spanning three decades?
If that's your reason for voting 'Leave', then fair enough. I've read enough of your posts to respect your opinion even when I disagree with you.

But looking at those stats, there's a widespread mistrust, from Brexiters, of people who know a thing or two about a thing or two. Given this is an extremely esoteric debate, it's shocking that so many seem to be led by their feelings rather than the advice of experts. It's those distrusting people who make up the bulk of your constituency.

Lol, yeah it's that simple, they pay tax and a new school place appears, and a new hospital bed appears. It's always playing catch up which is the problem, if you can't see that....

So the English people get the hospital bed and the school place but despite the "foreigners" contributing the same as the English people they are not entitled , or are you also advocating the reduction of the English population as well because there are too many people and not enough hospital beds and school places. Where do these hospital beds and school places come from, by people paying taxes whether they be English or not. Your argument makes no sense.

UK citizens don't have a veto so I don't particularly disagree with his statement there. It's quite likely whoever is in power would allow Turkey to join as long as it met the conditions.

It's rather pointless to focus on Turkey as they're not joining anytime soon but I think it's a valid argument in what it represents.
In that it represents, god forbid, a Muslim country joining the EU?

Status
Not open for further replies.