EU Referendum | UK residents vote today.

Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the EU?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
screen%20shot%202016-06-02%20at%2009.43.45.png

Why were the celebs in the audience.Caught the back end of the debate .But Paxman looked out of his comfort zone.

Yeh pound will rise Friday if remain wins, the movement downwards will be a lot bigger though if leave wins, not a bad call to buy currencies today.

I've seen predictions of a 10% hit to sterling, but what of the Euro? Are people expecting it to remain static or strengthen in the wake of a Brexit? I would expect it to weaken in kind, albeit to a lesser degree.

The Greece issue and the ECB is an Eurozone issue, not an EU issue. Besides the fact that Greeks themselves insisted on the Euro and caused their debt problem on themselves. So please stop manipulating the truth to suit your views!

On the contrary, it is an integral part of the European Union. Brussels and the Eurozone bloc decided their bailout policy with two aims in mind: to serve the interests of the banks, and to shield an already flawed currency union. Ratherr from saving Greece from earlier mistakes, they dragged out the pain for its people (quite literally in some instances).

Indeed, most likely outcome would be some kind of agreement on a continuation of many existing agreements, including much maligned agreements on freedom of movement of Eu/uk citizens, trade regulations, etc. That begs the question, what's the point of leaving in the first place?

I would offer them a half and half option and see what can be achieved. Freedom of movement rights for 50-75,000 EU immigrants, after which we have the option to impose controls. It is not an extreme or unreasonable request; the set number could even be open to review every six years or so (in line with Brussels' budgetary cycle).

When will we start to have some sort of indication which way it's going to go for definite then, I assume they'll be exit polls right?

Like everyone I know is voting 2 leave so if remain wins then this vote is hundo rigged

Based on the final polls (Remain lead and plenty of undecideds) I'm going for Remain by >10 points

phqA5DH.jpg

I saw that when I got home, but forgot about it. I assumed there was some promotion on, but then realised it's no longer Victoria Secrets and is now a currency place.

Have I misunderstood this, but Remain are still favourites, and if they do win the pound should rise on Friday?
Like Simbo said, if Leave wins the pound will fall more dramatically. I imagine a few of them will have probably spoke to friends/family and got more saying they're voting to Leave so not going to take the risk.

13524557_10154022403328889_6315384069845468047_n.jpg

I actually think less undecideds will return to type as we expect, I think a good chunk will vote Leave

I'm watching the C4 debate on plus1. Sandie Shaw is fecking mental:lol:

I actually think less undecideds will return to type as we expect, I think a good chunk will vote Leave

What makes you say that? I do agree though so I'm not interrogating. My view is the political calender is quite different to the norm as things stand and there is a strong anti-establishmentarianism feel to a large chunk of the world. I could see the undecideds being like "feck it, I'd rather we just leave."

I know its horrible thing to bring up but will the Jo Cox death have a significant effect on the voting?

Why would it? I can't think of one reason really. It's tragic but it's not in anyway relevant to the decision tomorrow

Like Simbo said, if Leave wins the pound will fall more dramatically. I imagine a few of them will have probably spoke to friends/family and got more saying they're voting to Leave so not going to take the risk.

13524557_10154022403328889_6315384069845468047_n.jpg

Thanks for the replies all. I suppose I'm a gambler, so I would go with the odds and take the risk myself, but each to their own.

I think theres going to be about 2 points in it either way. Would love to be as confident as some on here. :nervous:

What makes you say that? I do agree though so I'm not interrogating. My view is the political calender is quite different to the norm as things stand and there is a strong anti-establishmentarianism feel to a large chunk of the world. I could see the undecideds being like "feck it, I'd rather we just leave."
Yep I'm worried about this logic.

Status
Not open for further replies.