EU Referendum | UK residents vote today.

Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the EU?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had an argument with someone in the newbies today who said that statistics and experts mean absolutely nothing and the NHS is crippled because a nurse told him that the waiting room is full of immigrants every day. That was 'straight from the horses mouth.'
:lol: go and ask him if her intricate knowledge of the situation doesn't make her an expert as well.

I had an argument with someone in the newbies today who said that statistics and experts mean absolutely nothing and the NHS is crippled because a nurse told him that the waiting room is full of immigrants every day. That was 'straight from the horses mouth.'

Was the nurse in question an immigrant and the doctor he saw also an immigrant because we don't have enough doctors and nurses and need immigrants to fill the skills gap?

Sir Ian Botham has come out as a Brexiteer, saying he’s concerned Britain’s countryside could be “concreted over” to cope with rising numbers of migrants.

“Concrete sprawl is just one of the ways the EU has hurt rural Britain,” he said. “As a country dweller I see this and hear it all the time in the farming community round where I live in North Yorkshire. are some of the best in the world but they are getting nailed by Brussels.”

source: Yorkshire Post

It'd be funny if there wasn't a real chance of a vote being decided based on this shit.

The last time we decided to opt in to Europe:

1st January 1973: The United Kingdom, the Republic of Ireland and Denmark entered the European Economic Community.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1973_in_the_United_Kingdom#cite_note-1

22nd January 1973: British share values fell by £4 billion in one day. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1973–74_stock_market_crash

1973-5 Secondary banking crisis leads BoE to bail out banks. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secondary_banking_crisis_of_1973–75

Strange that we don't hear about this so much. I'm no expert though. Maybe it's not relevant.

1st January 1973: The United Kingdom, the Republic of Ireland and Denmark entered the European Economic Community.

22nd January 1973: British share values fell by £4 billion in one day. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1973–74_stock_market_crash

1973-5 Secondary banking crisis leads BoE to bail out banks. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secondary_banking_crisis_of_1973–75

Strange that we don't hear about this so much. I'm no expert though. Maybe it's not relevant.

Considering that affected everybody in the world, it's not really strange that we don't hear about it so much when it comes to the EU.

1st January 1973: The United Kingdom, the Republic of Ireland and Denmark entered the European Economic Community.

That was more to do with the oil shock. The US was hit really hard. I think it was only North Sea oil that got us out of it.

Sadly a lot of them seem to not be keeping to their word, that we should have a more respectful tone after the murder of Jo last week.

Warsi tweeting and putting Gove's name alongside the likes of the BNP and Le Pen.

Sadly a lot of them seem to not be keeping to their word, that we should have a more respectful tone after the murder of Jo last week.

Warsi tweeting and putting Gove's name alongside the likes of the BNP and Le Pen.

Warsi was on the side of Leave until after Jo Cox's death so not the best example of Remainers acting out.

Know this has been posted but Barnes does come across quite well here (longer version of Adisa's post). Albeit with the caveat he is not an expert - maybe that's why Gove thought he was a Leaver in the first place.

Sadiq Khan: Britain will be safer if it remains a member of the EU.

But hey, Remain doesn't play on people's fears like that...

ETA: Fletch, i'll answer your question some time after the debate.

Sadiq Khan: Britain will be safer if it remains a member of the EU.

But hey, Remain doesn't play on people's fears like that...

ETA: Fletch, i'll answer your question some time after the debate.

Both sides play on fear. It's an easy tactic, but only one side has that UKIP poster though.

Andrea Leadson just now talked about the great deal Switzerland and Norway have - yet it sounds quite rubbish compared to what we have already.

Both sides play on fear. It's an easy tactic, but only one side has that UKIP poster though.

Andrea Leadson just now talked about the great deal Switzerland and Norway have - yet it sounds quite rubbish compared to what we have already.

They have, although i would associate the worst instances from an Out perspective with LeaveEU

David Cameron: The Islamic State would Vote Leave?

If the EU is an increasingly authoritarian and elitist influence, with less regard for the citizen and their rights (which i believe it to be), then the time to step off runaway train is now. Remain coudln't care less, and certainly has no plan to reform Europe for the better.

This debate is a great advert for ridding civilisation and reverting to the stone age.

:lol: It's all so pointless — I find it hard to imagine anyone watching this is going to change their mind

This debate is a great advert for ridding civilisation and reverting to the stone age.

Not sure about killing humanity, but definitely an advert for how ridiculous the fact that we're having a referendum in the first place. We're going to trust people to learn from this and go out and vote in two days.

What the deal about about the 600k pound donation just mentioned?

No idea.

If she was going to make that sort of claim she absolutely had to name the person IMO.

The broader inference of her statement however...well that was a slander against millions of voters who deserve better.

Not sure about killing humanity, but definitely an advert for how ridiculous the fact that we're having a referendum in the first place. We're going to trust people to learn from this and go out and vote in two days.
Ain't that the sad truth.

We have too many politicians (on both sides) more interested in furthering their own interests than doing what's best for the country.

And here i was hoping to actually get some clear and concise information to assist me in my decision. Vote leave say one thing, vote remain say LIES! Vote remain says one thing and then some super smiley woman talks and sort of makes sense but then straight away i hear out of shot "LIES!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.