Erik ten Hag vs Sancho | Sancho back in full training

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why should Sancho's poor standards be kept a secret? If Sancho can't turn up on time or train like he cares for our club, why shouldn't after multiple efforts to find a solution EtH be honest with us? I don't remember such an outcry over Rashford, and why was that? Because Rashford responded the right way and got on with it.
Alright don't handle things internally. Let everyone talk to the media after every game. I can't get why people don't get the advantages of not airing our dirty laundry in public. Media is pretty much happy to go on and on about us now. Every bad performance is going to put more spotlight on EtH and players now. It's not going to end well.

Alright don't handle things internally. Let everyone talk to the media after every game. I can't get why people don't get the advantages of not airing our dirty laundry in public. Media is pretty much happy to go on and on about us now. Every bad performance is going to put more spotlight on EtH and players now. It's not going to end well.
No one’s fecking doing that? Why does it have to be this binary? He’s obviously sick of his shit and nothing is working and people are rightly asking where the feck the £80m player is if he’s not injured.

He didn’t need to go public so he must have a reason for doing so, maybe a last attempt to get through to Sancho or a message to the club that he has no future and wants him sold.

Sancho needs to go, if this pushes him out the door quicker then I don’t have an issue with it, short term it isn’t ideal but more accountability within the squad and less tolerance is required beyond the short term.
The man works for Manchester United, all he needed to do was send an actual message in email to murough or whoever else that its time up for Sancho.

No one’s fecking doing that? Why does it have to be this binary? He’s obviously sick of his shit and nothing is working and people are rightly asking where the feck the £80m player is if he’s not injured.
Just because they ask doesn't mean EtH has to answer them.

And you don't think that contradicts your previous comment about making the media go on and on? You don't think that would create more media speculation than this? At least it's done now, no ones going to keep asking week in and week out where his is. It was the best solution in that regard.

Never heard of a manager being forced to be 100% honest all the time. Media is going to ask about it yes, he didnt have to go on a rant like he did. Just a simple "tactical reasons:" is fine. Gabriel got dropped at the beginning of the season, and Arteta is a clown but even he didn't make a drama out of it.

You've watched the video?

The man works for Manchester United, all he needed to do was send an actual message in email to murough or whoever else that its time up for Sancho.

He’s most likely done that already, the club are reluctant to sell players and move on. There’s no issue with what the manager has done, club signed Sancho knowing what he was like and Sancho hasn’t taken on board previous experiences. That’s where the problems lie, whether it’s made public or not doesn’t change the real issues.

Long story short on this Friday afternoon, there are three people in here who are as soft as a chocolate teapot.

Never heard of a manager being forced to be 100% honest all the time. Media is going to ask about it yes, he didnt have to go on a rant like he did. Just a simple "tactical reasons:" is fine. Gabriel got dropped at the beginning of the season, and Arteta is a clown but even he didn't make a drama out of it.

A two sentence reply is a rant now. Ok.

I've got a question for those who think that ETH shouldn't have commented on Sancho being dropped due to a lack of performance: why do you guys want ETH to publicly lie about Pellistri's performance (assuming he was the one included instead, if it was someone else the question is in regard to that player, that doesn't matter)?

What has poor Pellistri done that you want to degrade him like that, just to save the face of a lazy underperformer?

Afraid he outlasts Eric. Toxic personality makes his toxic contract even worse. Hopefully there can be some compromise and the relationship can be salvaged. Simply need to get something out of the player because I don't think it'll be as easy to just move on from him.

Sure, you can just not play him but his wage and transfer fee is taking the place of a top top player. Not sure how you can compete for the highest honors with your highest earners are doing feck all.

Some bold claims here today.

EtH went on a rant.
EtH said Sancho was lazy and was drinking.
EtH said Ole was crap at his job.

It's making great reading.
And media would have been silent if ETH remains silent. Some posters seem to live in an alternate reality.

I watched a clip at the time.

Rant, honesty, whatever you want to call it. It made the media very happy because they got more than what they wanted.

A rant though? Seriously?

Rafa and his "fahcts" was a rant.
Keegan and his "I'll love it if we beat them" that was a rant.
Trapattoni at Bayern, that was a rant.

ETH answered a question calmly and to the point.

And media would have been silent if ETH remains silent. Some posters seem to live in an alternate reality.
So you think when the media keep asking and he just says nothing the response from the media would be to write nothing? Week in, week out? Come on.

You’re having a mare, mate. Take some time off.

Were you there at the party? Do you know he drank for sure? Who are you to advise what players can and can't do? Stop this nonsense of judging players through social media. We are only entitled to talk about what he does on the pitch.
That’s pretty neat, since he looks drunk every time he steps on the pitch.

So you think when the media keep asking and he just says nothing the response from the media would be to write nothing? Week in, week out? Come on.
That's what I said. Such things happen only in alternative reality. And the said posters are living in it.

I need to re read again what he said verbatim because to label what I think he said as a rant or a attack on Sancho is mental to me.

This is a useless and unnecessary reply. His post was perfectly rational because that is what most managers do.
No it wasn’t. Most managers don’t simply “phase out” 80M signings and then “refuse” to address it. I mean, not in the real world at least.

Seems to be an element of the online support determined to turn on the manager. A real shame, as the culture at the club and with a large number of these players has proven to be rotten for too long. Sancho not the cause of the rot obviously, but he is emblematic of it.

I need to re read again what he said verbatim because to label what I think he said as a rant or a attack on Sancho is mental to me.
This:

"On his performance on training, we didn't select him," Ten Hag screamed while punching a child when asked about Sancho's absence from the squad against Arsenal. "You have to reach the level every day at Manchester United. You can make choices in the front line so in this game he wasn't selected. Lazy c*nt!"

I think if you're going to criticise a player you need to do it when your team is playing well. Fact is we haven't been, we'd just suffered a heart breaking loss. The public perception is club is a mess, no money, the much mooted sale now not as apparent, Greenwood issue, now Anthony, team not playing well and now manager is slagging off one of our most expensive buys. Might have been best in hindsight to have dealt with this in house, but it's done. If we play poorly against Brighton, the press will keep on about this, if we finally click and play well, the Sancho part will be quickly forgotten.

Status
Not open for further replies.