Erik ten Hag vs Sancho | Sancho back in full training

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a feeling that he'll be hard to sell considering his wages, which I doubt he'd be willing to lower. We'd be fools to allow him to go on another loan. Wouldn't be surprised at all if he's back at the club.

I would set him targets and give him punitive fines if he does not meet them. At least we can recover some of his wages, unless he behaves like a proper employee.

I have a feeling that he'll be hard to sell considering his wages, which I doubt he'd be willing to lower. We'd be fools to allow him to go on another loan. Wouldn't be surprised at all if he's back at the club.
Why would he not? It is not that he wants to come back or will feature. It is also key for his career that he plays

He should be reporting back for preseason soon….havent heard many rumours of a transfer?

This is actually why i want to really buy Zirkzee because it would instantly make that deep lying forward/False 9 player a part of our tactics because we have a player built to play that way.

Then i think Sancho could get a chance centrally playing in the same position as Zirkzee does if he needs rest or gets injured etc.

Sancho's best ability is through balls and for our forwards they need to come centrally to out wide rather than from out wide to central positions more suited to someone like Hojlund. I think losing Sancho actually back fired on us because we lost a false 9 that ten hag was trying to create but we also lost a wide playing creative player who loves playing through balls to a channel running striker like Hojlund.

I'm personally not too bothered about the pressing because i dont think you can play a deep lying forward/False 9 and also make them the highest presser - it kind of defeats the idea of playing a deeper lying forward if he is pressing so high up the pitch.

I think Ten Hag didn't get his tactics right until the last few games when he finally played with Bruno as a False 9 with two inverted forwards - but that ultimately would have been Sancho's role if he hadn't gotten in to a fight with Ten Hag.
I do like a forward who can drop deep as that can allow more control of the ball and wide players to go in behind. However I wouldn’t want us necessarily married to this style of play and would like a couple of variations where we can use the other player styles in the squad.

I think Sancho can play the same role however we would have to be the dominant team and the players around him set up to play a quick and insistent game. Almost one touch. He unfortunately doesn’t press enough from front regularly enough at the minute to play against a team that can play around him I believe. Maybe I’m underselling him.

I agree that Sanchos passing is probably his best trait and I also thought that in pre season he might get a chance as a back up number 9 however I think it was more a lack of options in that position rather than a genuine belief he could play there and maybe even an attempt to get him to press regularly.

I can understand why pressing high with a deep lying forward would seem counter productive but I think if you want to win the ball high up the pitch ultimately you need to press from the front.

Ten Hag I think genuinely wanted to get back to the style we had in his first season with a quick transition added but the players that made it work then weren’t available last season. He had loyalty/blind faith that they would eventually repay his faith but they didn’t for various reasons.

Hopefully with what we saw in the cup final it shows we can adapt.

Why would he not? It is not that he wants to come back or will feature. It is also key for his career that he plays
Because that has been the case with the majority of united players who aren't getting regular football. Maybe he's different but I doubt it.

We have attacking talents in Sancho and Greenwood which may worth 200M but we can't offload them or integrate them back to the team.

Meanwhile, we are struggling with scoring goals and have problem of FFP.

Hope Ineos Team can sort out this mess fast. This may have big effects on next season if we can't resolve effectively which also affects our transfer budgets/targets.

I dont see a way back for neither of them, Greenwood has the talent but what happened it's too much weight for us to carry. Sancho doesnt have the phyisicallity nor determination to make it in the premier league. That Dortmund's UCL run helped us washing his image a little bit but the more time it passes the more he'll devaluate so hopefully we can convince someone stupid enough to pay 35-40M for him

Sancho due back tomorrow…..wonder if he’s off with U18’s again to train?

Should have been sold by now…..Dortmund just waiting to low ball us as they know we must get rid.

No loan - only sale.

Shows what a loser Sancho is that no one is coming in for him. It's not just at United. He was trouble at Dortmund and City as well, and everyone in football knows it. The Dortmund performances didn't really help him because most of them were bang average, and he’s been missing in action for most of the last 4 years.

He was always going to be impossible to sell after we froze him out, and probably even before then. The time to sell him was last Summer but the timing of his rift with ETH was very unfortunate as it was just after transfer window closed. Perhaps we should have really looked at the signs prior to that and just sold him before their argument.

Sancho due back tomorrow…..wonder if he’s off with U18’s again to train?

Should have been sold by now…..Dortmund just waiting to low ball us as they know we must get rid.

No loan - only sale.

It’s not really about lowballing us at this point, his books value is still going to be somewhere around £30m as he is under contract for another 2 years, and we would need to sell him for at least that to not even show a loss in our books. Dortmund are not flush with money, their most expensive signing was Dembele from Rennes at €35m, and usually when they spend big it’s because they believe the player will also have good resale value which might be tricky with Sancho.

We can’t expect a Bundesliga team to just turn up and beat their transfer record for a player that has been a perpetual failure for 3 years in a row and who everyone knows will never play for us again.

Can’t see this being fully resolved any time soon. He’s got two years left on his contract. That’s over £30m in wages.
Utd will want rid but Sancho will want his contract paid up. Loaned out again next season?

He is free to reject whoever he wants to reject.

Any truth to the stories that he basically just didn’t show up today?

Any truth to the stories that he basically just didn’t show up today?

We don’t actually know if he was meant to do we, I hope he was asked to stay away to sell him rather than the alternative.

Moaning about him at this point is wasted breath, he doesn’t deserve the attention.

We don’t actually know if he was meant to do we, I hope he was asked to stay away to sell him rather than the alternative.

Moaning about him at this point is wasted breath, he doesn’t deserve the attention.

No I was just wondering. As you said there’s every chance he was just asked not to come in.

As frustrating as a second loan would be, I'm not going to get too pissed off about it if it came to that. City still have Cancelo on their books after he fell out with the manager. Same with Chelsea and Lukaku. Not ideal but as long as it's not back at Dortmund then that's fine by me.

He is free to reject whoever he wants to reject.

This time and age is driving me nuts, I miss the times when clubs had the arrogance to force players out.

This time and age is driving me nuts, I miss the times when clubs had the arrogance to force players out.
He's obviously being forced out, but the club still can't decide where he does sign. But they can make it clear he's not playing at United this season and probably Sancho doesn't want to waste another long period doing nothing. (Well, I hope, anyway.) But it's still early in the window: if Sancho wants Juventus and he currently has reason to believe that might happen, then he has no reason to quickly sign for whatever other club.

I'd love him to go to Juventus simply because my Juve supporting friend is so incredibly excited about this and think he's one of top talents, was absolutely incredible for Dortmund last season and is going to be one of the best players in Serie A.

I guess I just want to see him suffer the way we have.

I'd love him to go to Juventus simply because my Juve supporting friend is so incredibly excited about this and think he's one of top talents, was absolutely incredible for Dortmund last season and is going to be one of the best players in Serie A.

I guess I just want to see him suffer the way we have.
Juventus fans getting excited about this feels like Pogba part deux all over again.

Insane that he’s been here 3 seasons and during that time he spent 6 months in Holland getting ‘fit’, 6 months refusing to play, and 6 months on loan back to Dortmund.

Probably up there with the worst transfers of all time.

Juventus fans getting excited about this feels like Pogba part deux all over again.

He was unbelievably excited about Pogba's return. When I asked him (genuinely not knowing because I don't follow Juve or Italian football in general) how his first season went after 2022-23 he told me Pogba was consistently great, turned their team around, was their best player by a margin and he couldn't wait for another season.

Pogba played a total of 161 minutes that year.

It is impressive that I'd put this as a worse signing than Antony.

£150m on the pair of them is an astonishing waste of money, and doesn’t even include their wages. At least Antony tries. Sancho is a complete embarrassment of a professional footballer, if only I could be so lackadaisical in my job and still get paid an absolute fecking fortune. Let him go for a nominal fee just to get him off the books and out of the club, and accept the massive financial loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.