Erik ten Hag vs Sancho | Sancho back in full training

Status
Not open for further replies.
The main problem for me wasn't so much his feud with ten Hag. I mean, Scholes is one of my favourites of all time and he literally refused to come off the bench for Sir Alex once in a strop. It's not good but things like that can be mended. It's that he's just a poor player.

If he was a good player and patched things up with ten Hag, sure, let's keep him, but he needs to go regardless because he's just not good enough. Problem is, them wages, though...

Both finally acting like grown ups then. Their was talk that his issue was one of the coaching staff wasn't there? Perhaps that's resolved itself with certain people departing.

With the amount of players needed in different positions, I don’t think we’d be able to get an adequate replacement for the fee we’d currently get.

No problem at all with him staying, I didn’t think it was realistic although ultimately it was the outcome I originally wanted, there is still a player in there and he’s showed it at times, granted not as much as we’d all like so far.

Also this notion that he owes some kind of public statement just feels incredibly entitled, if Erik is content then it’s done. Think the articles about him wanting ETH out/not wanting to come back whether ETH stayed or not in addition to his every social media post and post game comment going through microanalysis has turned many against him but if he wants to actually stay and turn things around, let’s back him.

Im not surprised, the club could hardly allow him to have a extended holiday while he looks for a new club.
I don’t think he will be here by the start of the season but he’s getting paid and he needs to act like a professional until his agent can find him a move, Im sure Sancho has been told he’s not in the clubs plans but unfortunately I think it will be another loan move for him.

The stand off wasn’t going anyone any favours, it isn’t really in anyone’s interest for him to stay as he’ll just be a very expensive sub but given the finances involved it might be what ends up happening.

Sancho and Rashford will likely end up our highest paid players by a large margin after the summer window comes to an end, how will the rest of the squad feel I wonder?

With the amount of players needed in different positions, I don’t think we’d be able to get an adequate replacement for the fee we’d currently get.

No problem at all with him staying, I didn’t think it was realistic although ultimately it was the outcome I originally wanted, there is still a player in there and he’s showed it at times, granted not as much as we’d all like so far.

Also this notion that he owes some kind of public statement just feels incredibly entitled, if Erik is content then it’s done. Think the articles about him wanting ETH out/not wanting to come back whether ETH stayed or not in addition to his every social media post and post game comment going through microanalysis has turned many against him but if he wants to actually stay and turn things around, let’s back him.

I’d rather have an academy player as the 5th choice winger.

This is actually something I really rate about ETH. He dealt with the matter in the way he felt best but he's also open enough not to hold long term grudges and draw a line under the sand. If he gets sold, at least we're not putting the club in a bad negotiating position and if he stays and contributes, I think that will be a credit to the manager.

I don't think he's the type of character to cause a problem in the dressing room, so no issues.

Wow very very surprised!

But United have to be sensible and can't just spend, spend, spend on new players, so it might be the best solution in the short term to just make up and give Sancho his 4th chance.

I just hope he can just agree on a position with EtH and play that role.

Give it a chance.

Let’s see how it plays out. If nothing else, a few good games might raise his value. I would rather he shows some ability and helps the team.

:confused:

Who said it was him?

I predicted that Sancho will be back - not that i want him back :D

@diarm - who said i kept my predictions to myself? You never saw my posts :lol:

@diarm Ive made the posts months or weeks ago & i will get quality control points for mentioning them again!

I can't name the other yet because people think he will be sold!

Just remember Ineos is an English buisness ;)

Just a heads up - quoting names doesn't work in edits like this. You're lucky I went back to check an earlier post the first time or I wouldn't have seen your edit at all.

I don't really understand why you can't name the other player? What difference does it make if people think he's going to be sold? It was your mysterious act that led me to think you were talking about Greenwood - nothing to do with your opinion of Sancho.

Well I’d personally ship Antony out to be fair so in theory would still have an academy player as 5th choice, Ethan Williams most likely.

I’d like to see both leave but it’ll be very difficult due to the wages.

It’s good news. He’s better than Antony. The only problem here is that the club’s word is Sancho has clarified the situation with Ten Hag, not apologised.

I’m glad this happened. We are going to have some competition on the wings though between him, Antony, Garnacho, Rashford and Zirkzee… maybe even Diallo if ETH changes his mind on him as well.

I’m glad this happened. We are going to have some competition on the wings though between him, Antony, Garnacho, Rashford and Zirkzee… maybe even Diallo if ETH changes his mind on him as well.

As far as I know Zirkzee has played a total of two games as a winger in his career? He’s a striker/second striker.

It's been stated that ETH sees Amad as an integral part of the first team setup this season.

I hope this is a case of, get him some match fitness and not cause too much waves before he is sold.

I do not want players with his mentality playing for the club. He called his manager a liar for his opinion on training performances. You can disagree all you want, but he can't be a liar for his opinion. He then sat on his arse, while we had an injury crisis. Put his pride before the team.

If we can't afford to replace him, because of FFP or whatever, then go with what we have, plus potentially young Ethan Williams as a back up. He turns 19 this year, so I can see this being a big season in regards to his future. Hopefully he can impress during preseason

World class potential if he can get his head down, but the problem is Sancho and Rashford have serious problems with their mentality to maintain it year on year.

I think we need to hire the best sports psychologists to help some of our squad.

Sancho would be unbelievable in a top team, but he needs to show up on time, train hard, and actually care in the games, I'm not sure if he is capable.

Dortmund loan wasn’t all that impressive but hopefully has something to prove at United and it saves us buying someone else straight away. Maybe a few months of good form and we get a decent fee for him before his contract expires.

wow, certainly didn't expect that. It would be amazing if things finally clicked for him, but I won't hold my breath.

Amad should just go then. He's not going to get enough opportunities with Antony, Sancho and Garnacho who can all play RW and are on a shit load of cash. Plus I don't think ETH likes him that much. Shame because I do.

Amad should just go then. He's not going to get enough opportunities with Antony, Sancho and Garnacho who can all play RW and are on a shit load of cash. Plus I don't think ETH likes him that much. Shame because I do.

Amad should absolutely not leave. If ETH decides to play two wingers who are stinking up the place every week he'll be quickly sacked either way.

wow, certainly didn't expect that. It would be amazing if things finally clicked for him, but I won't hold my breath.
Have to think it’s more to claw back some bargaining power. Fully expect he wants to leave and we want him to leave for a decent fee.

Third time, the charm. Like new signing.
Seriously though, our RW is still fecking shit despite we have many options . Garnacho(not a RW), Anthony(1 trick pony), Sancho (shit), Bruno (lol), and Pellestri(what he's even good at).
Rashford can play on the right but his diva ego won't allow it.

Third time, the charm. Like new signing.
Seriously though, our RW is still fecking shit despite we have many options . Garnacho(not a RW), Anthony(1 trick pony), Sancho (shit), Bruno (lol), and Pellestri(what he's even good at).
Rashford can play on the right but his diva ego won't allow it.

Where is Amad? :(

He's probably back in training as per contract, if he refuses I'm sure it's gross misconduct and liable for sack etc etc... so imo hes training for his wages?
I still think there looking to sell him , can they bury the hatchet the two of them and move on? They could I suppose but If so that should have been sorted months ago... I'd rather he went anyway..

He's just not sellable with the wages he's on, we're stuck with him. Gotta hope he can find some kind of form.

I don't buy this. It wreaks as a PR move to get his value to a respectable place to sell. If we're negotiating when everyone knows we want him gone, it weakens our position. Either that or nobody is in for him and Jadon knows he has to tuck tail and get back under ETHs good graces. Nothing about Sancho tells me he's suddenly grown up.

Also, let's not act like this changes much. His main issue here want ETH. His main issue is that he's been awful to mediocre in 90% of the games he's played for us.

Good, letting people know that we are so desperate to sell will only attract lowball offers.

That said, I still hope we can offload him, just not on the cheap.

Oh so as predicted the little slimeball and his entourage went pimping his service all over Europe only to be met with zero interest, now he's come crawling back to us.

I guarantee he's thinking, come back, play, maybe trigger a year or two year extension, another 24 months of £1.5pm, I'll be 28 then and can chill, go MLS etc.

Zero footballing intentions, purely about brand, money etc.
Doesn't matter as long as he plays well enough for the extension to be triggered.

Amad should absolutely not leave. If ETH decides to play two wingers who are stinking up the place every week he'll be quickly sacked either way.

We're supposed to have turned down £30m for him a few weeks ago, so I don't think we're planning to let him go.

I think Antony has more to worry about. Unless he has a blinder in pre-season, then he'll be out on loan most likely, especially if Sancho is still here.

Status
Not open for further replies.