Erik ten Hag vs Sancho | Sancho back in full training

Status
Not open for further replies.
And some people think the issue is ETH, who didn’t even sign Ronaldo or Sancho, he’s just been left issues to tidy up.

This club finds itself in mess after mess every season. I see this as ETH purging the poison to be honest, next player thinking they will sign for United and suit themselves will hopefully be thinking again.

I admire your optimism that this was a planned out calculated move.

I hope the rumour about that interview is true.

I hope that Piers Morgan news isn't real but we can't react in the same we did with Ronaldo.

Maybe this will sound conspiratorial but Piers might be trying to get United to sack Sancho so they can't get a transfer fee for him. Give him a massive fine though.

I admire your optimism that this was a planned out calculated move.

I think of it more like a line in the sand by the club and by extension the managers. No more pandering to players and being held to ransom.

Short term Pain that hopefully sets the long term standards expected by players and stops players joining, thinking we are an easy mark.

If he does that it should be the same treatment as Ronaldo. Contract terminated and out the door.
No! Remove him to reserve team and fin him 2 weeks wages until he is sold, for whatever money we can get. That way we show him and every other player they can not behave like they own the club!

No! Remove him to reserve team and fin him 2 weeks wages until he is sold, for whatever money we can get. That way we show him and every other player they can not behave like they own the club!

Why would you want to keep paying in 350K a week to play fifa? He would have to be sold incredibly cheap to convince anyone to buy him and further more, we would have to top up his wages if he did move because no chance anyone else is going to offer him 350K+ a week.

Best option is he gives us an excuse to terminate his contract.

I strongly dislike that internal discussions are aired in the media; this is petty and unnecessary. Much of my respect for ETH has been lost after this. How on earth is Sancho supposed to bounce back from this? He can comfortably sit back and collect his salary while the club looks for a new employer for him. If I were Sancho, having struggled with mental health issues and experienced this, I would never play for the club again! It's beneath the club's dignity to air their dirty laundry in the media.
I see no difference between Jose and ETH, I don't think he's worthy of beeing our manager anymore, unless he fixes the problem he created! No more internal matters should be brought to the media.

I hope that Piers Morgan news isn't real but we can't react in the same we did with Ronaldo.

Maybe this will sound conspiratorial but Piers might be trying to get United to sack Sancho so they can't get a transfer fee for him. Give him a massive fine though.
They can do whatever they want, Sancho isn't leaving United for less than £65m. Any tantrum he has in between just makes it easier to leave him out and gives the manager more strength in his position.

I strongly dislike that internal discussions are aired in the media; this is petty and unnecessary. Much of my respect for ETH has been lost after this. How on earth is Sancho supposed to bounce back from this? He can comfortably sit back and collect his salary while the club looks for a new employer for him. If I were Sancho, having struggled with mental health issues and experienced this, I would never play for the club again! It's beneath the club's dignity to air their dirty laundry in the media.
I see no difference between Jose and ETH, I don't think he's worthy of beeing our manager anymore, unless he fixes the problem he created! No more internal matters should be brought to the media.

:wenger:

I don't get the hunger for terminating contracts. Surely if we can ship him even at a deflated price and some loss it's better than getting nothing at all ? Ronaldo I was fine with because it was a massive statement and there would have been no reprieve in the circus with his fame and reach.

Managers / clubs gambling on players in a cold streak happen every year, if Sancho is willing to move on I'm sure we can find a PL or Euro club to pay 20 or 30m.

An interview seems the worst move unless he has a really sympathetic angle to share. The issue seems to be being in an headlock with the manager, it is who he needs to talk with. Maybe he's thinking outside leverage can help open back discussions / negotiations... but it is a tight rope, anything too agressive / demanding will only force the manager to shut him down, can't be seen to select the team under player's pressure.

Found Sancho's burner account.

What a load of rubbish. Sancho created this mess all by himself. He alone is responsible for ruining his career. Grow up.

Erm....by being good a football???

The rational part of me can't see Sancho doing this interview. He's not a celebrity, is unknown outside of football, and doesn't like being in front of a camera. So I can't see him or his advisors pushing for this.

However, Morgan will do anything for clicks or to get one up on a rival team, so the irrational part of me can see this happening. Sancho's contract will then be terminated and he'll be a free man to do whatever he wants or sign for whoever he wants. It'll be a sad state of affairs if this is what the footballing world is coming to, but United is bigger than any player.

Give over...You went as far as explaining you're logic in a second post :lol:
With a smiley....

If I actually thought he was racist, I'd say he was racist rather than the use of an ellipsis and a question mark.

Forgot why I don't post on football forums much, thanks for reminding me!

Sancho aint doing any interviews. He knows full well that it is career suicide. He's currently earning 350k per week. And there are no other clubs knocking on the door trying to snap him up for even half of that.

We are stuck with him.

The only way that this can be resolved is if Sancho grows a pair of balls and sits down with Ten Hag, then does his talking on the pitch and in training.

It's sort of ridiculous how we've ended up in this teacher & pupil scenario, where the kid doesn't want to come to school and is slacking in class, but the teacher is paying the kid 350k per week to turn up. In any other walk of life, Sancho would have been on the scrap heap a long time ago. But when a club signs a 4/5 year contract, you have to find solutions. Looks like Ten Hag tried the softly softly approach last year.

Sancho will look back on this period, when he is older and he will cringe himself inside out. He will see how much of a dick he is, and how badly advised he was. He will be gutted at the opportunities that he threw away. And for what? Playing xbox until the early hours. Anybody can do that. You're playing for MANCHESTER UNITED, you utter muppet.

No dec
I hope the rumour about that interview is true.

I don't think there is any truth in the rumour tbh. He doesn't have the personality for it, I could imagine the interviewer having to ask him to speak up or stop mumbling.

Maybe I could see if happening on a small YouTube channel or something...But any mention of Piers Morgan feels a bit far fetched to me.

You've lost respect for ten Hag on this? Sancho's the one acting like a petulant little tosser.

Sancho aint doing any interviews. He knows full well that it is career suicide. He's currently earning 350k per week. And there are no other clubs knocking on the door trying to snap him up for even half of that.

We are stuck with him.

The only way that this can be resolved is if Sancho grows a pair of balls and sits down with Ten Hag, then does his talking on the pitch and in training.

It's sort of ridiculous how we've ended up in this teacher & pupil scenario, where the kid doesn't want to come to school and is slacking in class, but the teacher is paying the kid 350k per week to turn up. In any other walk of life, Sancho would have been on the scrap heap a long time ago. But when a club signs a 4/5 year contract, you have to find solutions. Looks like Ten Hag tried the softly softly approach last year.

Sancho will look back on this period, when he is older and he will cringe himself inside out. He will see how much of a dick he is, and how badly advised he was. He will be gutted at the opportunities that he threw away. And for what? Playing xbox until the early hours. Anybody can do that. You're playing for MANCHESTER UNITED, you utter muppet.
Yeah that's my take on it. Who is actually advising him about any of it? We're led to believe team members have had a go, the pfa has had an open offer but isn't there anyone that's non biased but has done the circle of clubs and has some real experience? Because he is going to look back at this and cringe.

80p7ix.jpg

I can't believe we are in this point with him. Remember those days from summer 2020 when we were only hearing rumors about his transfer. Now his playing FIFA in his mansion and can't bother fight his way back into the team.
Personally have lost hope and couldn't be bothered if he leaves on January. I'm dreaming more about good swap + cash deal (with players like Osimhen) than him fighting his way back to the team.

It's also damaging that this easier run with the fixtures would be good situation to him to get his rhytm but it also leaves fewer people to really miss him on pitch as the team gets results (hopefully) without him.

Pay attention at the back please.

You're up early, Jadon

Yeah that's my take on it. Who is actually advising him about any of it? We're led to believe team members have had a go, the pfa has had an open offer but isn't there anyone that's non biased but has done the circle of clubs and has some real experience? Because he is going to look back at this and cringe.
Whoever is advising him, it's there for a long time, which slightly makes me believe it's actually him with the issues, not his advisors.

He was kicked from City, Dortmund, the national team and, now, United, in a span of 4-5 years. I don't think he would have advisors so stupid to let him make the same mistakes over and over again.

There is a bit more to this story and surely there is a bit more to the story on why he was allowed a few months off last year.

Putting aside the fact that there's no evidence that Sancho is suffering from mental health issues (not like that is a blanket excuse for acting unprofessional in every case anyway) there's no way that a manager comes out and says what he says unless he's tried everything else and it hasn't made a difference to Sancho's performances. That's ignoring that he's also done similar with Rashford and Garnacho and their response was to work hard instead of moan on social media.

If you’re a conspiracy fan it would make more sense for the Unholy Trinity of ETH, Murtough and Arnold to encourage Piers to bait Sancho so that he mouths off sufficiently to give grounds to be sacked for Gross Misconduct. We’d lose a transfer fee (which we might not get anyway given the player’s current reputation) but we’d be guaranteed to save his salary.

They can do whatever they want, Sancho isn't leaving United for less than £65m. Any tantrum he has in between just makes it easier to leave him out and gives the manager more strength in his position.

You're dreaming. No one is paying anywhere near £65M for him.

I strongly dislike that internal discussions are aired in the media; this is petty and unnecessary. Much of my respect for ETH has been lost after this. 1)How on earth is Sancho supposed to bounce back from this? 2)He can comfortably sit back and collect his salary while the club looks for a new employer for him. If I were Sancho, having struggled with mental health issues and experienced this, 3)I would never play for the club again! It's beneath the club's dignity to air their dirty laundry in the media.
I see no difference between Jose and ETH, I don't think he's worthy of beeing our manager anymore, 4)unless he fixes the problem he created! No more internal matters should be brought to the media.

1) His not, but that's his fault.
2) If he has that attitude then it answers your questions about how is he meant to bounce back.
3) We can hope and I would imagine the feeling is mutual.
4) He is, hence why Sancho is no where near the squad.

Putting aside the fact that there's no evidence that Sancho is suffering from mental health issues (not like that is a blanket excuse for acting unprofessional in every case anyway) there's no way that a manager comes out and says what he says unless he's tried everything else and it hasn't made a difference to Sancho's performances. That's ignoring that he's also done similar with Rashford and Garnacho and their response was to work hard instead of moan on social media.
To be fair to Sancho and his camp, I don’t think they have ever attempted to claim mental health issues as an excuse.

The ones doing so are either anti-ETH/United trolls, or a weird group who seem to be desperate for him to be mentally ill so they can bask in a glow of righteous virtue. Which is rather sad.

The rational part of me can't see Sancho doing this interview. He's not a celebrity, is unknown outside of football, and doesn't like being in front of a camera. So I can't see him or his advisors pushing for this.

However, Morgan will do anything for clicks or to get one up on a rival team, so the irrational part of me can see this happening. Sancho's contract will then be terminated and he'll be a free man to do whatever he wants or sign for whoever he wants. It'll be a sad state of affairs if this is what the footballing world is coming to, but United is bigger than any player.

it would be bonkers for Sancho to do this, no serious club would touch him again if he did. Sounds like trolling from Morgan.

Ronaldo had a stellar trophy laden career at both club and international level, a proven elite workrate and mentality and was at the twilight of his career. This put him was in a better position to do an interview (albeit still out of order IMHO). Sancho has absolutely none of these attributes and if anything is the Anti-Ronaldo.

How you can look at this mess and decide that ETH is to blame is mad.
Sancho is another spoiled player and we need to get rid.

What? I respect ETH even more for this.

We are stuck with him.

I've been thinking the same, that Sancho is like a student who doesn't like it when the teacher tells them to be on time and do their homework. Except he's being paid in the top .1% of people on earth.

I think of it more like a line in the sand by the club and by extension the managers. No more pandering to players and being held to ransom.

Short term Pain that hopefully sets the long term standards expected by players and stops players joining, thinking we are an easy mark.

In that scenario it would have to have been something the manager and the club just randomly decided to institute a few months into the season, As opposed to before the season started or the transfer window ended.

Again I admire your optimism that there's some sort of plan or long term strategy behind all this drama.

You're dreaming. No one is paying anywhere near £65M for him.
Then he better get used to sitting in the reserves and destroying his career in the process. If he's desperate enough he'll chose Saudi Arabia, the money is out there and someone will pay it at some point. United aren't going to budge.

Status
Not open for further replies.