Erik ten Hag | 2024/25

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

• and crack

Results are only viewable after voting.
I can finally see who that voted to keep ETH, a 3-0 win after being absolutely woeful for atleast 1/3 of the game against relagation fodder is enough for them to come out of the cave.....

I dont recall us facing around 20 shots per game or having the same defensive issues this year. Aside from the game against Liverpool, we generally been the better team in most of our games including the Community Shield against City. That is sad news for the ETH out brigade

Ipswich and Forest kept out two teams that scored five goals against us. You're crowing here when we've lost 50% of our games so far in a relatively easy start.

Ipswich and Forest kept out two teams that scored five goals against us. You're crowing here when we've lost 50% of our games so far in a relatively easy start.
I wish football works that way. There are clear signs of progress so far this season. You can see it on the pitch and you can see it in the stats. We are not perfect but we are clearly improving in several key areas. We are conceding fewer shots, creating more chances and not getting overrun in midfield. If you cant see that, then you are only here to moan.

Crystal Palace away will definitely be a better barometer of where we're at, and if we've actually improved. A solid performance there, and he'll regain a smidgen of confidence back.

I hope the club has gone for a hybrid approach, i.e. keep him as manager but don’t give him absolute power. Already there is a football director and team for off pitch work. And I want that coaches like RVN start taking more proactive role to take out the rough edges from ETHs approach

Why is nobody talking about the time needed to bed in new players? It used to be said every year about many clubs and yet with some of the busier clubs like us and Chelsea it seems everyone thinks it should all click immediately.

Don't get me wrong, our performance level against Liverpool was embarrassing, but with increasing confidence and development of understanding between the new players and the rest of the squad, there's every chance we'll go on to have a decent season. I think there's a lot of potential in our squad, albeit I'm not completely convinced by the coach. We're clearly not better than City, but if we got lucky with injuries and the new players settle in quickly then I'd expect us to be in the top 4.

I wonder what happened to the 20 shots per game that United used to face which the ETH out brigade mentioning after every match :confused:
It was a thing last season and an appalling figure. Glad it doesn’t seem to be happening now. We’d be calling it if Erik hadn’t done anything about it.

It was a thing last season and an appalling figure. Glad it doesn’t seem to be happening now. We’d be calling it if Erik hadn’t done anything about it.
Various posters have assumed that nothing had changed.

I wonder what happened to the 20 shots per game that United used to face which the ETH out brigade mentioning after every match :confused:
Today you've managed to try and start an argument with;

A) people in this thread who had a problem with us conceding 20 shots per game last season
B) people in the Ange thread who wanted him when we got Ten Hag
C) people in the Post Match thread who haven't yet posted in the Post Match thread.

And each time it's Captain Hindsight "Oh, where are they all now?" stuff. In one single day! Not even a day in fact, just a few hours. I'm impressed.

Doesn't make sense but surely it's you that should be concerned about the loss of our 'effective' defence (:lol:) from last season.
My condolences, a win is a loss for you.

If you look up the stats from last season, we conceded a low amount of goals actually.

You are going to have to find something else to moan about, because we aren‘t conceding lots of shots anymore.

If you look up the stats from last season, we conceded a low amount of goals actually.

We conceded the most goals in a season for over 40 years but please keep making absolute nonsense up. I find it hilarious the lengths you go.

We conceded the most goals in a season for over 40 years but please keep making absolute nonsense up. I find it hilarious the lengths you go.
He is the one and only poster I have on ignore but every page I go on is still littered with “you ignore this user” every page

Reckon he’ll clear off once Erik is gone though

First 30 minutes were awful, but the missed pen and quick goal turned the game. Looked good after that and in control.

I think a better side would have capitalised on the poor showing pre-first goal and I still think we're too open, but at least we've taken our chances.

Good win. Hopefully that's a catalyst to get the season going and breeds a bit of confidence.

That’s a meaningless stat, the PL is stronger than ever before. Considering how many injuries we had, we conceded few goals.

We conceded more than Cheaty, Arsenal and Liverpool only, I don‘t make stuff up.

He is the one and only poster I have on ignore but every page I go on is still littered with “you ignore this user” every page

Reckon he’ll clear off once Erik is gone though
Well he is an Ajax fan so I'd expect that to happen too.

Erik has to keep the momentum of winning. Week by week, the new players will get better and injured players will return. I hope by Christmas, we are still hanging around top 6. Midfield needs to be sort out and hopefully Ugarte can provide some answers but I think the problem lies positioning of the players. Our defence is alot better than last season, De Ligt had a wonderful game except for 1 mistake. Amad is making difference with his decisions and passing. If Rashford can find some form, we will make top 4. If we still can't find consistency with bad losses and loitering at 10-12 places, Erik needs to go. No doubt about it, he cannot hide the fact that he is not up to mark as our manager.

Has to keep the same starting 11 to build a bit of consistency. Encouraging signs all round. Hopefully Maz can recover quickly from whatever knock he got in that game.

Numbers of shots faced so far in first 4 league games this season:

V Southampton 6
V Liverpool 11
V Brighton 14
V Fulham 10

Total 41

Number of shots faced in first 4 league games last season

V Wolves 23
V Tottenham 17
V Forest 9
V Arsenal 17

Total 66

Was much needed win against soton, hopefully he will start Amad from now on.

is this something to gloat about? firstly the season is still young and bar liverpool we are yet to face serious team, secondly we have faced 44 shots in 4 games so far (still far too many for a big club), thirdly there's still big question mark over the mentality of our squad, they could crumble anytime.

You can only play who is in front of you, I guess. We looked terrible for the first 30 mins against probably the worst team in the division though. It isn't so much that we'll never stumble across anyone we're capable of beating. It's more that the second we play a team capable of making the midfield area competitive - we're done for. Even on Saturday the space was there that any team with any realistic ambition of a top-half finish, would make us pay for. Stopped clock tactics. Occasionally successful, rarely intentionally so. We beat a side too poor to take advantage of our flaws.

Fair play - that was a really good performance. We looked dodgy for spells during the first half hour but overall completely bossed the game. More importantly there were visible signs of progress in terms of tactical identity, cohesion and patterns of play.

Now let’s see if that continues or it’s just something we pull out of the bag every now and then.

Has to keep the same starting 11 to build a bit of consistency. Encouraging signs all round. Hopefully Maz can recover quickly from whatever knock he got in that game.
No Ugarte will come in

Onana, Mazraoui/Dalot, De Ligt/Yoro, Martinez, Shaw/Dalot, Ugarte/Casemiro, Mainoo, Bruno/Mount, Amad, Zirkzee/Hojlund, Rashford/Garnacho

I quite like our squad, and it's an EtH squad, with largely players that fit his style. No excuses really, should go for 4th place minimum.

But it's also a squad a next manager can work with.

A good win, a decent performance. Bare minimum expected when playing a team that is very likely to be relegated straight back to the championship.

ETH remains very much under pressure.

Onana, Mazraoui/Dalot, De Ligt/Yoro, Martinez, Shaw/Dalot, Ugarte/Casemiro, Mainoo, Bruno/Mount, Amad, Zirkzee/Hojlund, Rashford/Garnacho

I quite like our squad, and it's an EtH squad, with largely players that fit his style. No excuses really, should go for 4th place minimum.

But it's also a squad a next manager can work with.

Yeah I agree, I think the squad is transitioning nicely into one that should be more comfortable on the ball and with pressing. It means EtH should now be able to do better, whilst also meaning the minimum bar for success is to be raised. I agree on 4th but I wouldn't be up in arms if we just missed out on 4th due to our attackers not taking their chances throughout the season (if that becomes the pattern). Would just mean we'd need to invest in some wingers (which we kind of assume anyway).

Regarding some posters being upset about the start of the Southampton game, it's clear this team's confidence is on a thin line after last season. The difference between the start and after we got a goal was stark. If we can build up a run of 4/5 wins in a row with good performances then I'd expect a more confidant United to do well this season.

That’s a meaningless stat, the PL is stronger than ever before. Considering how many injuries we had, we conceded few goals.

We conceded more than Cheaty, Arsenal and Liverpool only, I don‘t make stuff up.
You just come up with your own stats: the amount of goals against considering injuries. How is that for other teams that have injuries as well? You just can’t ignore we had a lot of goals against last season and call it a meaningless stat, it is a hard fact.

My condolences, a win is a loss for you.

You are going to have to find something else to moan about, because we aren‘t conceding lots of shots anymore.

Define a low amount of goals?

Last season we conceded the most goals in a league campaign since the 70's.

Are you sure?

We conceded more than 15th place Everton.

There really isn't any positive spin on our league form last season. It was an absolutely atrocious season in that respect.