Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
By the same logic, we are literally 5 points away from a relegation spot. In fact, it's accurate to say we're closer to relegation than top 4. 'exaggerating' surely.
Its accurate to say we are in neither becsuse it's 7 fecking games in. A narrative that he's close to CL or close to relegation is equally silly at this stage of the season.

We’re stuck in 14th. 5 pts above relegation but still only 6 pts of top 4. If we don’t change anything now then we fall further behind. we can still achieve our goals.

How confident are we that he still goes within the next few days? Our form can’t be ignored. The result today means nothing. He played that way to hang onto his job.
Not at all, Ineos will not want their first really major decision as football operators being to admit they made a huge mistake over the summer. They're going to give him as much time as they possibly can.

We are closer to relegation both in points and performance.

We won’t get relegated obviously but won’t be surprised if we finish season closer to 18th than 4th.
Its not just possible, but probable, that United finish bottom half this season if everything stays as it is. The team and performances are demonstrably getting worse, despite how much money is being pumped into it. Good performances come along quite literally once a month at about the same rate as those that are so bad they were once considered a once a season event (at most). There's no goals in the side and aside from Mazraoui every new signing looks underwhelming at best and the players that have, at times, helped keep our heads above water (Rashford, Bruno, Garnacho) look totally shot to pieces. We've had our worst ever start in 35 years and its truly hard to see where points are going to come from. Going into his third year at the club the team still has no identity, no play style and no mentality to overcome adversity.

Its come to the point really where anything is better than where we are. Any top flight manager will do better with these players, they just have to be able to. Because the counter argument to that is an entire squad that cost $1.5bn to assemble and is made up of experienced international players is no better than Bournemouth's or Leicster's and if that is true then pack the whole club up because we're truly fecked on all fronts.

I see no merit whatsoever in 'giving him time' because there isn't a single piece of evidence that we're improving or that he can improve us.

Goals scored isn't the sole metric to judge a performance, so I'm not taking this post seriously.

How about points gained so far this season? Atrocious, not far off relegation form.

How about points gained in his past fifteen or so league matches? Atrocious, pretty much relegation form.

Wont get sacked in October. November or December it is at the earliest. Looking at the fixtures, it wont be November either, he will scrap some points

Sadly I fear you are right, those draws have definitely saved his bacon for another month

In a world where Liverpool sits top of the table and Manchester United are flirting with relegation, Manchester United legend Gary Neville looks at our performances and results and thinks "let's have some more of that", just because he has some fecked up ideology that says no manager should ever be sacked.

How about points gained so far this season? Atrocious, not far off relegation form.

How about points gained in his past fifteen or so league matches? Atrocious, pretty much relegation form.
Performances. We've had more encouraging performances structurally and in terms of underlying data than we did last season where we were wide open and fortunate to win a lot of games.

I am not saying these are good enough by the way, I'm just saying we've had better performances vs Villa Southampton Palace and in extended periods of Fulham and Brighton than we did last season.

Apart from extending his deal by a year, it should be looked at that they invested in the club, not the manager.

The 5 signings they made should be useable by any manager they hire. Unless they were all largely decided by ten Hag, which would be worrying.

Of the 5 signings, it's blatantly obvious that Ten Hag had a massive say in 3 of them, and was told we were signing the other 2.

I got the feeling of being a true midtable team for the first time today. Ineos can't continue with this for too long...surely?:(

No I actually think structurally we have been better this season compared to last and I'm sure the data backs that up as @VP89 suggests.

However we were fecking shite last year.

Now we're merely slightly better than fecking shite but still mostly fecking shite.
Right and that's pretty much what I've said. It's not good enough, but it's better than last season. A narrative that we are relegation fighters is as exaggerative as one suggesting we are in a CL race.

But yeah I'm a delusional troll for suggesting that. We must be a relegation dogfight team.

Doesn’t sound like he’s going anywhere. “IF it gets to that point” I mean we’re currently 14th with a negative goal difference, what point does it need to get to, genuine threat of relegation?

Amazing how there's this much discussion really. Surely (naive idiot alert) everyone's in agreement that it's time to move on. It can barely get worse.

Right and that's pretty much what I've said. It's not good enough, but it's better than last season. A narrative that we are relegation fighters is as exaggerative as one suggesting we are in a CL race.

But yeah I'm a delusional troll for suggesting that. We must be a relegation dogfight team.

To be fair, if we carry on doing the numbers we're doing, we won't get very far above relegation. We're atrocious.

So instead of Sacking him now and give the new manager 2 weeks to get to know the team. They will sack him after he fecks up the next 5 games, costing us EL and top 6. Then the new manager will have exactly 2 days to train new tactics with the team. Genius.

Performances. We've had more encouraging performances structurally and in terms of underlying data than we did last season where we were wide open and fortunate to win a lot of games.

I am not saying these are good enough by the way, I'm just saying we've had better performances vs Villa Southampton Palace and in extended periods of Fulham and Brighton than we did last season.

Your standards are on the floor if you’re encouraged by the very minor improvements we’ve seen in a very small number of performances against some pretty poor opposition this season. And those are easily outweighed by the continuation of a whole range of fundamental issues which still result in us massively underperforming in a large percentage of our matches, especially against any half decent opposition.

And why is last season your benchmark for comparison? Our worst ever premier league campaign should not be the barometer we use when signs of meaningful improvement are assessed. It’s like comparing one turd with an even bigger, stinkier turd - it’s still just a steaming pile of shit.

Everton have more points than United in the last 15 PL games. Everton.

So instead of Sacking him now and give the new manager 2 weeks to get to know the team. They will sack him after he fecks up the next 5 games, costing us EL and top 6. Then the new manager will have exactly 2 days to train new tactics with the team. Genius.

It’s looking likely that’s the way things are going to play out. So much for these “best in class” appointments. Even that clown Woodward would’ve got shot of this guy by now.

Not at all, Ineos will not want their first really major decision as football operators being to admit they made a huge mistake over the summer. They're going to give him as much time as they possibly can.
everyones aloud to make a mistake. It’s how long it takes to rectify it that everyone will judge them for. They was in there right to give him a chance under different terms but it hasn’t worked out and whilst only playing 7 games in the season, we can still fix this season. We have a decent enough squad to be challenging for top 4.

To the posters trying to put a positive spin on this. Open your fecking eyes. This is relegation form right now! 14th could very quickly become 16th or 17th over the coming weeks.

He has to be sacked next week.

He goes into compact conservative style of play when he’s under serious pressure. Once the pressure is alleviated we go back to his kamikaze 5 players press the opposition back four playstyle.

It’s insane how some fans can’t see this happening.

Doesn’t sound like he’s going anywhere. “IF it gets to that point” I mean we’re currently 14th with a negative goal difference, what point does it need to get to, genuine threat of relegation?

Are you aware you are quoting a journo? Does it really make sense to analyse their phrasing?
~15 Million
Didn't Athletic report 17.5 million?

If you look at the table in ascending order, we're actually 7th. Only 7 points off the top, too.

Trust the process, heh?
I do trust the process! Just like I trust corrosion, combustion, shitting one's pantaloons and other similar processes.