Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
My biggest question regarding his reign is and will be; what happened with his tactics and style from Ajax? He got a job based on that and was highly rated 2 years ago because of that.

in United he looked as completely different manager.
I think his biggest sin is his recruitment. He signed players that aren't suitable to that style. The amount of money wasted does my head in. The best players from his reign were the like of Garna and Maino, players he had nothing to do with them. He leaned too much on familiarity.

Ratcliffe’s failure to back ETH publicly means the writing is on the wall. He’s a goner regardless of the Villa result, imo.
In that short interview with the BBC journalist he said it wasn't his decision yet some took those words including red label rags and have ran with the headline story "Radcliffe doesn't back Ten Hag"

No manager should be kept or sacked based on one match/result as this Sunday as many here and elsewhere think. The decision should be already made and probably made public after the exec committee meet in London on Tuesday

It's laughable to think all of those will meet and performances won't be discussed. The biggest crisis at the club right now...of course it will get discussed. But you can just see us shithousing another win with some negative counter tactics and we'll hear tweets on Tuesday night about how he still has the backing.

I want to believe he's gone, Ratcliffes words today were grim for ETH, but this isn't our first, or even second, time at this rodeo. We all know how it goes. Patrice Evra was on SSN the other day saying he's not concerned about us because he knows when the manager is on the verge of getting sacked, we find a way to win. It just felt so small time from Patrice, even though he's just trying to be positive. I just feel this misguided positivity is why he's still here.

I mean, the very idea that all of those figures could come together and not discuss first-team performance after the start we have had, is quite ridiculous :lol:

Absolutely zero chance. You don’t give people games to save their jobs and then fire them anyway. If we win, he’s safe.

I actually think he’s 99% safe anyway but a win at Villa would cement it for a long time. The next ‘last game to save his job’ will probably be Everton on 29 Nov, after we fail to deliver consistent points in previous games against Brentford, West Ham, Chelsea, Leicester and Ipswich. Which he will win, and will probably not have another game to save his job at least until Southampton mid-January.

Another mood killer after Ratcliffe interview gave us a bit of renewed hope it could be over during International break

Let's call a spade a spade here he should be gone come Monday wether we win lose or draw this weekend.

If he isn't then it doesn't bode well for our immediate future under Ineos.

Managers simply cannot be given this much time, we need to learn to cut the cord much much quicker

Last edited:
Forgetting what you personally want, do you think Ten Hag would actually be sacked if we lose on Sunday?

I think we are a way off him being sacked. I said before the Spurs game that it would be after Christmas.

I reckon the way the tide seems to be in the media and online may bring that forward but not this much.

I don't believe the idea that Ruud was brought in to be a caretaker, I think they are stressed about the cost of sacking him with PSR and I think their struggles with candidates over the summer will make them hesitant.

I hope I'm wrong but I think we are stuck with him a while yet. They won't look at the international break as a time to get rid and get their ducks in a row but rather to let the noise die down.

If we get absolutely shagged 5-0 by Villa it will change it but a 2-1 loss or a draw I reckon it drags on..
Hoping amongst hope that I'm wrong

Let's call a spade a spade here he shot be gone come Monday wether we win lose or draw this weekend.

If he isn't then it doesn't bode well for our immediate future under Ineos.

Managers simply cannot be given this much time, we need to learn to cut the cord much much quicker
Username checks out.

Hopefully we can get a result at Villa park and things will look that bit rosier heading in to the international break. You have to worry given our form though, Villa will fancy their chances. Another defeat could make it very difficult for Erik to hang on in there.

Why is long term important anyway? If he is a good manager for us for 2 years or so, then that's fine.

Yeah my thoughts exactly, might give us time to be a more attractive project for Inzaghi, Amorim heck maybe even Nagelsmann after World Cup

Hopefully we can get a result at Villa park and things will look that bit rosier heading in to the international break. You have to worry given our form though, Villa will fancy their chances. Another defeat could make it very difficult for Erik to hang on in there.
Nothing will look rosy whilst he remains in charge, unless you have a memory of a goldfish

Probably largely and naïvely influenced by the unexplainable clamouring from our fans and the media to keep him.

Repeat that again and they are doing an abysmal job

Yeah I blame Stretford Paddock and Mitten's UWS poll for making INEOS feel guilty about sacking him

It seems that we're often able to start well, with good team play and structure, and then about 20 minutes in we fall apart.. half hour later we're a complete shambles.

I noticed the EtH doesn't seem very active on the touchline anymore, maybe we're losing structure because he's not constantly going mental at all the players to keep them in the right structure... he seems meek and then we drift.

What a meeting of the minds that will be on Tuesday.

Sacking a manager shouldnt take a grand meeting of CEO, directors and co-owners. But it does for us because it's now a £20m+ decision, depending on how many coaches go along with ETH. Were it not for idiocy and a desperate PR move to trigger his extension, it could have been less than half of that.

Yep only difference is the trophies.

And the goals scored. And the goals conceded. And goal difference. And the entertainment and enjoyment factor, being able to beat a top half team, being able to occasionally win away games. etc etc

What a meeting of the minds that will be on Tuesday.

Sacking a manager shouldnt take a grand meeting of CEO, directors and co-owners. But it does for us because it's now a £20m+ decision, depending on how many coaches go along with ETH. Were it not for idiocy and a desperate PR move to trigger his extension, it could have been less than half of that.
In the context of our football club this is not a some of money worth crying about. Not convinced it breaks the top 50 most financially self-defeating things we've done in our era of pain.

And the goals scored. And the goals conceded. And goal difference. And the entertainment and enjoyment factor, being able to beat a top half team, being able to occasionally win away games. etc etc
To be fair to ten Hag we did well against top half teams at home in his first season in the league.

Last night gaslighting us about last season being a success because we won the FA Cup.
Some fair points, but this grinds my gears. Did he actually say ‘last season was a success because we won the FA cup’. Or is that how you heard it? Bear in mind I haven’t watched the interview yet!

Would last season have been better if we didn’t win the FA cup?

In many ways, this part of your post feels like gaslighting right back. Which is food for thought.

To be fair to ten Hag we did well against top half teams at home in his first season in the league.

True we had the three convincing home games against Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs at the very start, when Casemiro was fresh off the plane and Rashford wasnt a zombie.

But post-league cup win, the only top half team we have beat convincingly in the league is Chelsea (4-1 and 2-1). Not counting miracle wins against Villa where they thrashed us but couldnt put the ball in the net.

No other United manager has been anywhere near Ten Hag disaster levels for big game/away game preparation and motivation.

I can’t be bothered reading the vitriol any more. Has anyone pointed out that Tuesday’s meeting is a regular monthly meeting?

It’s only remarkable when twitter idiots take it out of context and everyone laps it up.

“It is not know if performance is on the agenda” - it’s an executive meeting FFS, it will be on the agenda, EVERY month.

True we had the three convincing home games against Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs at the very start, when Casemiro was fresh off the plane and Rashford wasnt a zombie.

But post-league cup win, the only top half team we have beat convincingly in the league is Chelsea (4-1 and 2-1). Not counting miracle wins against Villa where they thrashed us but couldnt put the ball in the net.

No other United manager has been anywhere near Ten Hag disaster levels for big game/away game preparation and motivation.
We also beat City 2-1 at home in January.

You don't get cups for better goals conceded and goals scored I'm afraid.

It is pretty close.

Ole
MatchesWDLGoalsPointsPPM
168923541323:1993111.85

ETH
MatchesWDLGoalsPointsPPM
124711835230:1762311.86

The number of games is right, the goals are completely wrong though.

Edit: If you're taking it from the summary page of the Manager on TM it's because they count the penalities scored in cup competition shootouts.

Last edited: