Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
You don't get cups for better goals conceded and goals scored I'm afraid.

I would gladly trade that poxy league cup for not being humiliated in the CL later in the year and not experiencing the 7-0 a week later. No one will ever look back fondly on that league cup win. It only exists to make Ten Hag fans feel better.

Not really. Ten hag has two major trophies to his name and that's better than none.

Generously he has 1 major trophy that he conspired to throw away against a Championship side with his kamikaze tactics and won by the skin of his teeth against a City side that had been on the piss and threw a goal in.

Worst league finish, worst goal difference, worst European record, biggest defeats, most times conceded 3+ goals ect in about 50 years.

Ole lost one major trophy in a penalty shootout by the skin of his teeth. Ole also made us a Champions League side twice and one of the better teams in the league for 2 and a half seasons.

It was definitely time for Ole to go as he couldn't take us to the next step but to say Ten Hag is "miles ahead" wow.

I’d happily not throw away a trophy. It was a great feeling - at the time. I’d take a season with a trophy over a season without one. Real Madrid wouldn’t accept a trophyless season, so why should we. The same is also true that we shouldn’t take awful league seasons. We need a manager who can win trophies every season and can get us to consistently perform well in the league. feck Solskjær and ten Hag as managers, neither were fecking good enough.

I'd say he's done well to win 2 trophies. But that's it. He's woefully underperformed in Europe and in the League. I'd go as far as saying every single United Manager (Rangnick not included, technically Caretaker) has done better.

I'd also go as far as saying the only decent section of form he's shown at United was back from Aug 7, 2022 to Mar 1, 2023. That was a run of 41 games where we only lost 6 games and managed 30 wins hence everyone badgering on about how he had an amazing win rate through 2023. He had a great start at United and that ran out at the 7-0 to Liverpool when Rashford officially became broken and our attacking threat disappeared. From that point onwards it's been a disaster.

Edit:

To put it into perspective, first 41 games he managed 30 wins. In the next 83 games he's managed 41 wins. A huge drop off.

If Real Madrid had the performances and results we had over the past two years they'd have cycled through 3 managers by now.

Obviously you want to be patient and build something, but there needs to be some signs of positivity to earn that level of trust.

This is our biggest problem as a club and why we've failed over the last ten years. Managers never need to earn our trust, its always given. We always treat new managers like they are saving us, and that we need them more than they need us. For me, this is what develops the arrogance. When Klopp arrived at Liverpool, despite how celebrated he was, he didn't tell Liverpool fans that people advised him not to take the job, but he did it for the challenge.

Our fans complain so much about the attitudes of our players and their desire to succeed. Yet when we hire these managers, we never take these into consideration. You can't hold players to a personality standard that managers aren't expected to follow. This has been a massive factor in the failures of at least 3 of the 5 permanent managers we've hired (LVG, Mourinho and ETH); which is why it should not be a surprise that they fell out with players. We had managers that used their egos and personal vendettas in the process of buying and selling players. Managers who misused their authorities. At a club like Man United, there is a certain standard of behaviour that is expected, simply because Ferguson, who had earned the trust of the club and had proved himself to be a good man manager, had some altercations in a 20 year + tenure at United, does not mean that its ok for managers to be a jerk.

Ole may have not had the tactical acumen to lead this club forward, but he represented the characteristics that you want in a Man United manager. He took responsibility for tactical failures, always faced the media without being aggressively prickly and never threw players under the bus.

I'd say he's done well to win 2 trophies. But that's it. He's woefully underperformed in Europe and in the League. I'd go as far as saying every single United Manager (Rangnick not included, technically Caretaker) has done better.

I'd also go as far as saying the only decent section of form he's shown at United was back from Aug 7, 2022 to Mar 1, 2023. That was a run of 41 games where we only lost 6 games and managed 30 wins hence everyone badgering on about how he had an amazing win rate through 2023. He had a great start at United and that ran out at the 7-0 to Liverpool when Rashford officially became broken and our attacking threat disappeared. From that point onwards it's been a disaster.

Edit:

To put it into perspective, first 41 games he managed 30 wins. In the next 83 games he's managed 41 wins. A huge drop off.
Good. A very accurate, level-headed post. He was good up until after the League Cup win, and has been pants ever since. It’s been the case for nineteen motherfecking months. We were at our best between October and February, especially the spell after the World Cup that culminated in us beating City 2-1 at home.

I would gladly trade that poxy league cup for not being humiliated in the CL later in the year and not experiencing the 7-0 a week later. No one will ever look back fondly on that league cup win. It only exists to make Ten Hag fans feel better.
You do you. As a Manchester united supporter I value silverware over 3 points.

Generously he has 1 major trophy that he conspired to throw away against a Championship side with his kamikaze tactics and won by the skin of his teeth against a City side that had been on the piss and threw a goal in.

Worst league finish, worst goal difference, worst European record, biggest defeats, most times conceded 3+ goals ect in about 50 years.

Ole lost one major trophy in a penalty shootout by the skin of his teeth. Ole also made us a Champions League side twice and one of the better teams in the league for 2 and a half seasons.

It was definitely time for Ole to go as he couldn't take us to the next step but to say Ten Hag is "miles ahead" wow.
Said it already there's no value getting into a debate about it. Preferring a manager who took one season to beat Oles best point tally in 3 attempts whilst hitting 2 Cup finals and one Cup is not contraversial for me. Cry about it somewhere else.

Thread should be retitled to how pissed will you be when we don’t sack him until top 4 is mathematically out of reach.

Said it already there's no value getting into a debate about it. Preferring a manager who took one season to beat Oles best point tally in 3 attempts whilst hitting 2 Cup finals and one Cup is not contraversial for me. Cry about it somewhere else.

"Cry about it"

Is someone getting a little rattled that their stance on a manager who clearly wasn't good enough months ago has become indefensible?

"Cry about it"

Is someone getting a little rattled that their stance on a manager who clearly wasn't good enough months ago has become indefensible?
Mate, I said there's no point getting into a debate about it and you're trying to egg one on with shocked posts. As I said, cry about it somewhere else. It's evidently you that's rattled.

Ive said what I had to say about the manager now, dig up my posts if you're that obsessed.

Mate, I said there's no point getting into a debate about it and you're trying to egg one on with shocked posts. As I said, cry about it somewhere else. It's evidently you that's rattled.

Ive said what I had to say about the manager now, dig up my posts if you're that obsessed.

You certainly didn't say you didn't want to debate it to me before throwing your toys out of the pram with childish comments about crying and now calling people "obsessed".

I'd suggest if this thread gets you into such a stress you should just take a break from it.

You certainly didn't say you didn't want to debate it to me before throwing your toys out of the pram with childish comments about crying and now calling people "obsessed".

I'd suggest if this thread gets you into such a stress you should just take a break from it.
Throwing toys out of the pram :lol:
My posts that explained it said I didn't want to debate it. You were the one that was shocked by it. As I said, if you want to cry, do it somewhere else. I've got not got time for posters that are overly sensitive about Oles shit e reign with us.

I’d happily not throw away a trophy. It was a great feeling - at the time. I’d take a season with a trophy over a season without one. Real Madrid wouldn’t accept a trophyless season, so why should we. The same is also true that we shouldn’t take awful league seasons. We need a manager who can win trophies every season and can get us to consistently perform well in the league. feck Solskjær and ten Hag as managers, neither were fecking good enough.
Sorry, I’d rather get top 4 and go trophyless than win the FA Cup and get relegated. The financial reasons alone that allow us to improve the squad makes it preferable.

Agree with your second point that both Ten Hag and Ole weren’t good enough, but Ole was much better than Ten Hag. The football was more attractive ( which is saying something because it wasn’t that great to watch), the results and league positions were better, we were more consistent in our performances. When the difference between a trophyless Ole and two minor trophies with Ten Hag is 12 penalties in a Europa final… well, we’ve reached a bad place.

My posts that explained it said I didn't want to debate it. You were the one that was shocked by it. As I said, if you want to cry, do it somewhere else. I've got not got time for posters that are overly sensitive about Oles shit e reign with us.

When you say something on an internet forum people might respond, some may agree, some may not.

Overly sensitive, obsessed and crying. Blimey, hope I'll be alright for work on Monday.

And as a Manchester United supporter I value competing at the top over middle table and a league cup.
And I agree Ten Hag was no way near good enough in that season. But Ole had 3.5 years to hit the mark and looked on course for the same position as Ten Hag last season had he stayed. With no cups on top. Anyway - its just opinions

And I agree Ten Hag was no way near good enough in that season. But Ole had 3.5 years to hit the mark and looked on course for the same position as Ten Hag last season had he stayed. With no cups on top. Anyway - its just opinions

To be fair he didn't actually have 3 and a half years. He took over in December 2018 and left in November 2021.

Furthering my point about the difference between pre and post League Cup Final, see below.

Games​
W​
D​
L​
W%​
D%​
L%​
GF​
GA​
GD​
Games After League Cup Final​
83​
41​
13​
29​
49.40%​
15.66%​
34.94%​
133​
122​
+11​
Games Before (Including LCF)​
41​
30​
5​
6​
73.17%​
12.20%​
14.63%​
80​
39​
+41​

You do you. As a Manchester united supporter I value silverware over 3 points.

Not meaningful silverware, evidently. Or you wouldnt have spent the last 12 months peddling excuses for the Hag.

When you say something on an internet forum people might respond, some may agree, some may not.

Overly sensitive, obsessed and crying. Blimey, hope I'll be alright for work on Monday.
You have to realise you're replying to a poster who can never be wrong.

And funnily enough, it seems increasingly likely that that cup win will be remembered as the one thing that did further damage to our longer term league and European aspirations, given that it kept that fraud in a job long enough to sabotage another season.

Says the guy that’s overly sensitive about Ten Hag’s historically shit reign with us.

Its quite clear Allardyce isn't a good coach based on this, but you'll have pundits spouting about players needing passion. Rene's insight was really good
Yeah, very much like Erik's answers in that interview where he just said stick to the plan or belief or whatever he said.

He was better in season 1 than Ole ever was, so for me the latter season is redundant. Both not nearly good enough but one brought 2 trophies home. That's all I want to say, don't want to get drawn out into a debate over it.
Then why post it? You can't just post something like that and not expect replies unless you're a WUM like quite a few people think.