Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Irrespective of what happens in the final this has been a good season. After how we ended last year and the amount of criticism around the club, he came in and has improved this team way beyond I accepted. 3-4 good signings in the summer and we should be running Mancity to the title

Good league season. The philosophy is clear, the weaknesses are clear. Hope he gets the kind of players he needs in the summer. But first he has to manage a masterclass in the final.

I think he's fantastic. I think it'll probably be a bit rocky and crap at times going forward (always will be) but we as fans should back him above and beyond everything else associated with the club.
Looks probable that it'll be a messy, disruptive summer and improving as much as those around us will wont be easy. Might be a step back next season unfortunately but I think I'll be sticking by him whatever the outcome

Great ending to the season. These last 4 games relieved a lot of the negatives in Brighton and WHU games. I'm pleased by how we reacted and that we didn't just collapse under Liverpool's pressure.

Whatever happen in the Fa Cup final, I'm glad with where we finished in the league.

3rd in the league. Better than we hoped for before the first kick of the season and dreamland after game week two.

Will need backing in the market, let's see. History suggests after a good league season we'll be content and not back the manager.

48 pts at home and only 27 away.

If we manage to pick up a few more wins on the roads we can genuinely challenge as soon as next season. Realistically it’s likely to be the season after, even EtH himself said that, but we are in a good position to kick on.

Fantastic season when everything placed on a weighing scale.
The main job now is to achieve 90+ points to wrestle the title from Pep's grip. That's a 15 point swing while maintaining the current home form. Hard task but can be done. 3 elite signings can elevate this team exponentially.

2 press resistant midfielders and goal scorer will take the team to great heights. Whatever happens against city, ETH has been able to navigate a very awkward season and he deserves compliments for taking the team back to its bare minimum levels.

In the past five seasons;

2018/19 - 6th place 66 points
2019/20 - 3rd place 66 points
2020/21 - 2nd place 74 points
2021/22 - 6th place 66 points
2022/23 - 3rd place 75 points

ETH has out perfomed the past 5 seasons.

Last edited:
Unbelievable turn around even just from the beginning of this season.

Nobody would have believed you if they said we would end up in 3rd place with two cup finals (and one already won).

Best home record since 2002/2003 as well.

Lets not forget how he handled all the drama/circus around our club this season. Maguire captaincy. Ronaldo interview. Club takeover. Possibly the most tumultuous season we've had off the pitch in our history, and he has managed it to perfection.

ETH working absolute miracles. Especially if we actually win the final match...

OT speech:

"First of all, I want to say thank you to our players.

"I think they had a brilliant season and I thank you. And, also, we get supported by the staff, so thank you to the staff, who also did a good job.

"Secondly, I want to thank you all.

”You've been really strong during the season, at Old Trafford and also away. I want to thank you for this season, for the contribution, for the backing, for the support, and it was great, so thank you.

"When I say these words, there is still one game to go so, and I am sure, that these players will give everything to beat Manchester City next week. So we need it from you as well. Thank you for everything. I am sure we have a really good chance to take the cup back to Old Trafford."

Didn’t get to see the game today, my son selfishly had his 6th birthday party, what made Maguire’s eating for the game so low?

Ole didn't win a trophy but his best teams were lethal on the counter and mistake-prone but could not control games. Just like ETH's.
When Ole had been at the club for a year he was just taking us through our worst run of form for half a century. At the end of Hag's first year he has delivered 3rd place, a trophy and maybe an FA Cup on the way too. Literally no comparison.

With a proper striker, we can do better by 10 more points but that's it. To go from 85 to 90+ , we would need some luck, consistency, depth and investment .

He loves us already after 1 season! His speech at the end gave goosebumps. This is the man to bring back glory days.

The utter fecking clowns who were slagging Ten Hag off a few weeks ago now go into hiding.

I'm sure if we lose next Saturday they'll be back talking shite though.

The utter fecking clowns who were slagging Ten Hag off a few weeks ago now go into hiding.

I'm sure if we lose next Saturday they'll be back talking shite though.
Actually some of them have popped up and are obviously hoping that people won't remember the poisonous garbage they were spewing just a couple of weeks ago. I don't know how they have the brassneck to do it to be honest.

In the buildup phase, not positionally. Again, this is assuming everyone in the back 5 is technically secure with KMJ, Frimpong and GK brought in.
He is a great progressive passer so we need him in the backline. where hd has been all season.

Great season in the end. Getting us CL football was crucial. Looking forward to see how well he does with the team next season

Status
Not open for further replies.