Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes because that’s got everything to do with what we are discussing here.

You know when people have no idea what they are on about when they try to deflect like this. Text book ;)
I don’t see what is wrong with what he said,
Casa clearly had his hands on and around Hughes‘ neck.

Laying into him is a bit uncalled for.

Probably having culture shock after witnessing how bad epl refs can be.
Hope he calls them out at some point, like Fergie used to

How can anyone be pissed off with ten Hag today? This place is wild :lol:

This time last year we were playing shit on a stick football, now look at us.

His substitutions were spot on today and the timing of them to take the sting out of the game too.

I’m not at all mad with ETH with this comment - but maybe he should’ve subbed off Antony after the second goal for Sancho, probably would’ve avoided the handbags and red card.

The referees and VAR finally made Ten Hag snap today.
He’s been admirably quiet so far, but you can only take so much before fighting back.

Recycling the ball until it can go forward is totally normal. Passing into a player under pressure is exactly what Palace would want.

Our attacking play is still a work in progress. Still, we are creating good chances, but it needs to be more. Antony is improving every game. His decision making needs work. On the other flank, we did not get Rashford involved enough.

Starting Martial would have been preferable this game. However, Weghorst‘s pressing was great. I would not call that a compromise. Ronaldo barely pressed. We caused Palace a lot of problems in the first half.

Agreed, if we can attack the tight spaces more consistently and more often like during that 2nd goal we will be a force to be reckoned with. That was fast paced and sexy football. But having Garnacho there surely helped.

Ten Hag should have made some more defence-minded subs immediately after Casemiro got sent off.

Instead he delayed, which enabled Palace to get that goal back with there not being anyone to pick up Schlupp in the box from the set-piece.

He got it right eventually, but there were still a few scares and it could have cost a win.

Ten Hag should have made some more defence-minded subs immediately after Casemiro got sent off.

Instead he delayed which enabled Palace to get that goal back from there not being anyone to pick up Schlupp from the set-piece.

He got it right eventually, but there were still a few scares and it could have cost a win.
It was a weird one because we were playing well for a few minutes before the subs. We kind of got caught in between with the timing of the subs.
We were winning the ball high up and keeping it there. Fred, in particular, was fantastic.
. I can see the logic in delaying and I could see the logic of bringing on the subs.
I suppose that’s why he’s paid the big bucks

How can anyone be pissed off with ten Hag today? This place is wild :lol:

This time last year we were playing shit on a stick football, now look at us.

His substitutions were spot on today and the timing of them to take the sting out of the game too.

This is how I see it.

Every outfield player except Varane had a touch on the ball before the goal :drool:

I said this in the Fred thread but his contribution is underrated too as we were a bit under the cosh and couldn't progress the ball just before this. AWB also playmaking from the centre of the pitch :devil:

Not as good as Antony's against Arsenal when every player had a touch :(

Almost though

The amount of positional rotations in our play today was incredible - everyone is still so compact though so lots of options for ball rotations and it means we can quickly win the ball back after turnovers. Think back to last year and the huge space between all our players - it’s incredible. You could drive several busses through our shape back then. We’re already becoming a properly good team and he’s barely started.

Instead he delayed, which enabled Palace to get that goal back with there not being anyone to pick up Schlupp in the box from the set-piece.

It’s not wrong at all. You can only get it right when you are sure your call is right. He saw the changes Crystal palace made, all tall offensive players, he then decided to go for five in the back. It worked out eventually.

This goal is so night and day difference compared to what we've had in the past.

Look at how many players we have in the box, the slick passing and interchanging. A midfielder popping up breaking the defensive line, or RB coming inside to overload. Players rotating and creating proper triangles.

It's 100x better already compared to some of the ridgid 4-2-3-1 or 4-2-2-2 we had under ole and rangnick.

Just keep up the good work, Ten Hag. Incredibly satisfying so far given that nightmare start.

Imagine hating on Ten Hag after having to put up with the previous managers before him (and after SAF).
We're getting spoiled.
Since Sir Alex left = 1x Fa Cup, 1x League Cup, 1x EL

United fans can't be called spoiled any longer in any regard.

Those players have for the last 10 years been spoilt having those good fans tbh..

Since Sir Alex left = 1x Fa Cup, 1x League Cup, 1x EL

United fans can't be called spoiled any longer in any regard.

Those players have for the last 10 years been spoilt having those good fans tbh..
I get that but this is his first season under budget constraints, having to loan players mid season and integrating them and yet we're 10 times better than the previous season.
Every week I check the schedule as not to miss any games. I'm enjoying the process that it's hard to be complaining.
I'm ready for the next 3-5 years, never thought I'd be saying that after the disaster last season.

I get that but this is his first season under budget constraints, having to loan players mid season and integrating them and yet we're 10 times better than the previous season.
Every week I check the schedule as not to miss any games. I'm enjoying the process that it's hard to be complaining.
I'm ready for the next 3-5 years, never thought I'd be saying that after the disaster last season.
100% agree except the bolded part. Even though it is clear as day by now he is a good fit we never know it that time what will happen or if the players decide to throw him under the bus. Last season we were all dreading the possibility of Liverpool winning the quadruple and now look at them!!

What you said about enjoying the process is spot on. That's really all we can do for now, enjoy for once seing a tactically brilliant manager who has instilled fighting and winning spirit back to the team.

What you said about enjoying the process is spot on. That's really all we can do for now, enjoy for once seeing a tactically brilliant manager who has instilled fighting and winning spirit back to the team.
This is the first time I can say that too. That's all I've been wanting from a manager in season 1-2. Trust me, by the midpoint of season 1 it became abundantly clear to me the past managers were no longer worth it.

100% agree except the bolded part. Even though it is clear as day by now he is a good fit we never know it that time what will happen or if the players decide to throw him under the bus. Last season we were all dreading the possibility of Liverpool winning the quadruple and now look at them!!

What you said about enjoying the process is spot on. That's really all we can do for now, enjoy for once seing a tactically brilliant manager who has instilled fighting and winning spirit back to the team.
I mean by that time we're probably at the peak and I can't wait for it.
Here's hoping the new owners won't be stingy and changed things too much from football perspectives. We just need better players and better depth. It's the first time ever it worked after SAF era. With Ole I always had the feeling that it was a purple patch because we never looked astute tactically... it's just go out and play.

It's like the players suddenly remembered that they're playing for the fans - that they're nothing without them. Love it. I imagine this is largely thanks to Ten Hag.

Our attacking play still needs a lot of work but this is the most structured and organised we've been in a long time, dare I say even in Fergie's last couple of seasons we didn't look this organised (but we had the genius of Rooney and Van Persie to make up for it).

He’s done an absolutely fantastic job. People forget how appalling we were last season.

Isn't it fuking brilliant to finally have a true football manager that just lives football

He’s doing such a good job. In every game for about a half you can see the enormous progress we’ve made under him. And usually for the rest our fighting spirit etc are evident. Over the next two years the goal would be to improve on the quality of football but also get that half hour performance to the full 90 minutes.

So far he has been perfect. Signings have been good, style of play good, his demeanour good, off the pitch stuff sorted, shite players are on the fringes of the team and the better ones are consistently playing. We hit the jackpot.

Status
Not open for further replies.