Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn’t hear it my self but piers Morgan has just been on talk sport saying that ten hag needs to get down on one knee and apologies to ronaldo for the disrespect he showed him. Piers Morgan is such a tit

Didn’t hear it my self but piers Morgan has just been on talk sport saying that ten hag needs to get down on one knee and apologies to ronaldo for the disrespect he showed him. Piers Morgan is such a tit

Ronaldo still has a chance to win a Premier League medal with his one goal in 10 games, despite Morgan winding him up into the outburst that carried him out of the place.

If it happens, perhaps United can invite Morgan to be an intermediary in presenting it.

p.s. What special sanction does Morgan have for Vincent Kompany, who when Gary Lineker suggested signing Ronaldo for Burnley, said we need people who can run?

Last edited:
I love the man. Dare I say he gives me hope that we could see another SAF-esque era? Maybe 10-15ish years of it.

I was so sick of hearing the word "rebuild" for the last decade. Every manager that came in after SAF asked for a few years for rebuild.

Last season we were so bad that we all felt that we were at least 3 to 4 years away from challenging and need another major rebuild after major rebuild. The rebuild was basically endless. Rebuild after rebuild.

This world class manager came in and never asked for any time for his rebuild. He came in against all odds and inherited the circus of a club we was, he totally transformed us to be one of the most exciting club again.

This guy is a miracle worker.

I was so sick of hearing the word "rebuild" for the last decade. Every manager that came in after SAF asked for a few years for rebuild.

Last season we were so bad that we all felt that we were at least 3 to 4 years away from challenging and need another major rebuild after major rebuild. The rebuild was basically endless. Rebuild after rebuild.

This world class manager came in and never asked for any time for his rebuild. He came in against all odds and inherited the circus of a club we was, he totally transformed us to be one of the most exciting club again.

This guy is a miracle worker.

He identified the importance of leaders in the dressing room. Really it’s been mostly Bruno since he joined, then Varane last year. I don’t even count Ronaldo. You need a critical mass of them though, this is one of the things Keane mentioned upon joining United, every player around him was a massive personality. It was also the main reason things blew up for him at the end of his tenure at the club, when he felt those kinds of personalities were not being replaced when they left.

Now we’re looking at Bruno, Varane, Martinez, Casemiro, as the key personalities in the dressing room. Warriors who won’t let you hide. And it’s bringing other players up: Shaw, Rashford, Dalot, to name a few. But it’s everyone really. Who’s going to line up amongst those players and not pull their weight? Now Martial begging to play through injury at the weekend, who’d have thought it. The minimum level has been raised significantly from Maguire & Lindelof with Fred & McT in front.

@Cheimoon Yes. Thank you. I know I can't post media but not being able to reply to a post containing media strikes me as a bit daft but here we are. ;)
OT. I believe it is for a reason. You can edit someone's quote by adding your media to it. Just plugging the loophole I guess.

The only hurdle to a long time tenure at United would be if he got offered the Holland job. He probably do wonders for them as well
I would say Bayern too.

Cant remember where but there was an interview he did before he was chosen as manager for Utd. He mentioned Bayern as a one of the great clubs in the world. Having worked there in the past and just the way he said it gave me the impression that he had a fondness for them as well. I might be looking too hard into it.

I still think he will be here for a while because he seems like a guy that likes to challenge himself. He took this job knowing the clowns that were running it and the circus show we were putting on each week but he wasnt daunted by it. Even when we lost those two games at the beginning of the season he still did that Sky interview with Neville, that shows someone that doesnt shy away from a challenge but relishes it.

Reactions: Cheimoon
If Casemiro hadn't decide to join after ETH wasted the whole summer getting trolled by Barca, he'd be looking a lot less clever.

But he's doing an amazing job so who cares.

If Casemiro hadn't decide to join after ETH wasted the whole summer getting trolled by Barca, he'd be looking a lot less clever.

What I understand he wanted both. Casemiro had already agreed so Erik (and the press) concentrated on his pursuit of Frenkie

Right, so you want to re-write the narrative? I saw alot of people want Conte as first choice. So I decided to have a look.

When asked would you swallow last season if we end up with Ten Hag.

"Three problems with that:
1. Ten Hag might turn out to be a massive failure
2. He might not even want to come here
3. This season is wasted, might even miss out on top 4 as it stands. In fact, there is a very big chance of that.

We're not playing Football Manager. We're at a very high risk to be sent even further behind than we currently even are."

25th October 2021.

"Conte can transform this squad into a title winning one, i'm pretty sure of that. I've already given up on this season, he can come in, bring his trusted coaches as well, establish pattern of play, organize this shambles of a defence and then we wreck the bin clubs next year. If he has a meltdown with the Glazers after that, just sack him, I don't care. But at this point we need success and we won't find that sticking with Ole, that's for sure."

17th Oct 2021
"It's absurd to me some people are arguing they do not want Conte because he'd leave in 2-3 season. Well, if he wins us the PL and a couple of other trophies on the side, it doesn't really matter then, does it? We can replace him with a good manager afterwards. In opposite, if we remain with Ole, we'll have a couple of years wasted. We'd need to have another rebuild and we'd need another manager regardless. So what's the point of this argument? You can wait for some miraculous sign to come out of nowhere or you can just make the obvious choice and appoint a world class winner with a proven track record. The choice is obvious.

But I don't see the Glazers appointing either Zidane or Conte. They're not "Yes men" who'd keep quiet about the management and just be happy to be here, the type Glazers want. But it'd be the only good decision these idiots would make in the past decade, if they do it."

27th Oct 2021

"Meh, I prefer Conte over Hag, but Hag is nothing like Moyes. Hag is an attacking manager that has won trophies. Moyes sat 10 years at Everton, doing the same dour tactics which ultimately resulted in nothing. Just stability. He's got West Ham doing the same thing, but ultimately - that is his level"

We should've got Conte instead of Rangnick and just sacked him in the summer. You're under no obligation to keep the manager if you feel a better one is available at that time.

Yeah to have that chance to go just 3 points behind a team well ahead in terms of development and with still another half of the season to go would be quite incredible

What I understand he wanted both. Casemiro had already agreed so Erik (and the press) concentrated on his pursuit of Frenkie

He may have wanted both but he wasn't gonna get both I would guess.

He may have wanted both but he wasn't gonna get both I would guess.
Just pure guess, if we had signed Frenkie, we wouldn’t have pursued Antony. Bruno would have spent a lot more time on the wing instead, with Casemiro/Eriksen/Frenkie running the midfield.

Just pure guess, if we had signed Frenkie, we wouldn’t have pursued Antony. Bruno would have spent a lot more time on the wing instead, with Casemiro/Eriksen/Frenkie running the midfield.

Well it's possible I suppose.

Has anyone considered the possibility that Jim Ratcliffe may not be into £100m transfers? The more I read about him, the more I feel he’s all about moneyball. That TERRIFIES me.

I would say Bayern too.

Cant remember where but there was an interview he did before he was chosen as manager for Utd. He mentioned Bayern as a one of the great clubs in the world. Having worked there in the past and just the way he said it gave me the impression that he had a fondness for them as well. I might be looking too hard into it.
And the club is definitely fond of him too. Every time Bayern was looking for a new manager in recent years ten Hag was rumoured to be a candidate there as well, just hasn't happened so far.

It's mental how quickly things have turned around - no way would I trade Ten Hag for either Klopp or Guardiola

Fecking love this, our previous managers wouldn't see the game like this at all, they'd see Haaland and just stick the biggest CB we have against him (i.e. Maguire)

Right, so you want to re-write the narrative? I saw alot of people want Conte as first choice. So I decided to have a look.

I remember wanting Conte because we got Ronaldo - I felt there's no way a team of Ronaldo, Cavani, Pogba, Bruno, Fred, Maguire, AWB, and DDG could suit ten hag, but it was perfect for Conte to build a pragmatic base with a sharp talented frontline.

Guess I was right about the incompatibility (for most of them), but thank god i wasn't making these decisions :lol:

We should've got Conte instead of Rangnick and just sacked him in the summer. You're under no obligation to keep the manager if you feel a better one is available at that time.

That's just rubbish. No chance someone like a Conte even takes charge for a 6 month contract. Appointing a manager that needs 150m even to get started then to sack him 6 months is just poor business.

I remember wanting Conte because we got Ronaldo - I felt there's no way a team of Ronaldo, Cavani, Pogba, Bruno, Fred, Maguire, AWB, and DDG could suit ten hag, but it was perfect for Conte to build a pragmatic base with a sharp talented frontline.

Guess I was right about the incompatibility (for most of them), but thank god i wasn't making these decisions :lol:

Obviously, at the time we were in the trenches, no one knew what Ten Hag was in that way, yes we knew he played good football and won things.

With Conte, we knew he is strict, would get them running but most of those players were leaving anyway, they were part of the reason our dressing room was leaking too.

That's just rubbish. No chance someone like a Conte even takes charge for a 6 month contract. Appointing a manager that needs 150m even to get started then to sack him 6 months is just poor business.

I'm not saying to give him a 6 month contract. Give him the 18 months he got at Spurs and sack him after 6 months. It pays for itself if you end up with CL football.

I'm not saying to give him a 6 month contract. Give him the 18 months he got at Spurs and sack him after 6 months. It pays for itself if you end up with CL football.
Yeah that would send good message for all future managers.

In just his last couple interviews he's complimented Bruno, Shaw, Garnacho, Martial, Pellestri, Wout and maybe a couple more. And not in a generic way either. This is one of the traits of a great manager is their empathy with their players. When you feel like the coach really cares and understands you as an individual then you are more motivated to work hard for him and buy into his vision.

Status
Not open for further replies.