Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've seen the celebrations with the latinos after the 2021 title, right? That's what I was talking about. After the work is done he gets awkwardly funny.
That awkward little dance? Ha! :lol:

The club, at least in your definition, will be fecking off soon. Hopefully the new uns will love him as much as us
They will need to be both deaf and blind not to notice his vibe at the club. ETH has exceeded most of our expectations thus far. Long may it continue.

Erik Ten Hag is not only a very good manager - he is also a very lucky man. We could realistically win the league cup without meeting a single top-10 team in the P.L

Erik Ten Hag is not only a very good manager - he is also a very lucky man. We could realistically win the league cup without meeting a single top-10 team in the P.L
When he dropped Rashford for disciplinary reasons and then brought him on to score to winner, I knew he could not only be special but also successful with us. Sometimes you can do everything right but not have that bit of luck for some reason and suddenly the pressure will be on.

If Weghorst deal gets done, we'll have 2 players for each position. You could argue there's no alternative to Bruno with van de Beek being out for months, but I guess Eriksen and Sancho could play a 10 when needed. Pellistri leaving on loan is still odd to me, it's not like Antony is irreplaceable and Sancho is not even back to training with rest of the team.

I've met him a couple of times and he is very down to earth, humble and rather different after a drink or two. ;)
Did you know he bought a big tv for a colleage that has not been so fortunate and got really sick. He has done a lot of times things like that. He is a warm and caring guy

Just read up that we’re the only English team left in four competitions. If ETH can win one of them and get us top 4 then that’s a successful season in his first one in England. People thought it would take us years.

Remarkable what a top class and proven coach can bring to a club. Something we’ve been saying for nigh on a decade. Magic.

Top four and a trophy isn't just a realistic idea now... It's the very least we should achieve without the season being considered a failure. Pressure is on now :devil:

If Weghorst deal gets done, we'll have 2 players for each position. You could argue there's no alternative to Bruno with van de Beek being out for months, but I guess Eriksen and Sancho could play a 10 when needed. Pellistri leaving on loan is still odd to me, it's not like Antony is irreplaceable and Sancho is not even back to training with rest of the team.
When is Pellistri leaving?

Well, I don't agree with that at all. When Bruno needs resting for a few games, Eriksen and Amad can cover for him. Amad will not be a starting RW or AM anyways, so more games for him when Bruno skips a cup tie, etc. No point in bringing in a new player to play 5 games a season. Look at VDB.

And before you reiterate that Eriksen is better deeper: Yes, but that doesn't mean he cannot cover at #10 as well...and the Dane probably won't be in the XI next season either.
Be nice.

Did I say we should sign a #10? I said we do need cover for Bruno eventually. No way I’d prioritise that signing over a striker, keeper or RB. Striker should be top of our transfer list. I’d even put a cm high up on the list aswell to partner Casemiro. Eriksen can’t play every single game and shouldn’t be.
Why can't Eriksen play every game?

When is Pellistri leaving?

It’s what was being discussed on his performance thread. Doesn’t state when or if he is going to be leaving but there are tweets from Laurie Whitwell saying that the club are in discussions with his agent about a loan move till the end of the season.

Remarkable what a top class and proven coach can bring to a club. Something we’ve been saying for nigh on a decade. Magic.
Goes beyond that. LVG and Mourinho are top class but they’re training methods don’t work in today’s leagues. Ten Hag’s principles are built on traditional Dutch methods but are amazingly adaptable. He’s pragmatic. We know for a fact that the goalkeeper is meant to be as much as a pattern creator in his systems as the defenders, yet he improvised knowing DDG is at goal. His biggest problems were in midfield and defence. Now that he’s sorting that out, he will fix the attack with depth purchases - of course a star striker as well. Once that is done, he will go to the GK. LVG and Mourinho both had some good signings in their eras - yet their methods didn’t sit entirely well with players or fans or both at times. ETH is very good at managing tough situations as evidenced by the Ronaldo situation. He manages to retain player trust despite booting out a hero for many of his players and fans. Not to mention a club legend adored by our GOAT manager.

No question his situation was helped with timely acquisitions, but I am of the belief that Ten Hag - having coached at Utrecht and making that team into a formidable team in Eredivisie - is capable of doing much with little. It’s an underdog’s fighting spirit. We very much are underdogs these days and Ten Hag is instilling that fight back into the club.

Saturday will be huge. I expect us to lose. But if we can give City hell and show that despite not having 100s of millions of pounds sitting on the bench as City does, we can trouble City and do it with the principles he’s set in place, it will be a clear sign of progress. A stark difference from the capitulations of the last 2 years.

People Point to Ole’s victories against City. I think those victories would have been great had the philosophy of the team been something more. Because clearly those wins didn’t lead anywhere. It didn’t instil ironclad belief in Ole’s methods as evidenced by the disaster of 2021-22. Erik must play City as he would any team. It is there we must show progress.

Someone above made the point that it was thought it’d take years for us to improve. That’s a fair comment. A lot of experts felt that way so it truly is remarkable how quickly the form has changed under ETH.

Still early doors and this season could still go tits up but to be even in the running for a trophy and 4th place is a huge step up from where we were.

Ah man if we can win some silverware and top four this would be a perfect season

Why can't Eriksen play every game?
So you think he should be our starting cm? He’s a good player don’t get me wrong but we need to get a player for the long term. He’ll add better depth and quality rather then always having to go to Fred and mctominay for options in midfield.

Erik's team are the only English team left competing in four different competitions this season.
But the pundits won’t go crazy about us winning a treble/quadruple. Obviously we’re not gonna but that’s all they was talking about when the scousers was still in 4 competitions. They get so much love of all the pundits it’s unreal!

So you think he should be our starting cm? He’s a good player don’t get me wrong but we need to get a player for the long term. He’ll add better depth and quality rather then always having to go to Fred and mctominay for options in midfield.
Who we going to get then?

Who we going to get then?
Probably De Jong, or we may try for Bellingham. We’ll have plans for striker and other positions in the summer. ETH won’t be happy with our current midfield options.

Probably De Jong, or we may try for Bellingham. We’ll have plans for striker and other positions in the summer. ETH won’t be happy with our current midfield options.
Yea but who? Nonsense mate

The club, at least in your definition, will be fecking off soon. Hopefully the new uns will love him as much as us

If they somehow end up as another Boehly and feck him off in favour of someone else then I’ll be on the brink of withdrawing my support for the club. Couldn’t handle it if he ended up at another club in the PL.

:lol:

How many times does this need to be proven as utter codswallop? Lolz

Of course it matters, top players either want a club currently in the CL or with strong prospects of soon reaching the CL. The former is better than the latter, and obviously money can make up to some extent, but that's not ideal.

This is one top level bloke with the added bonus he knows exactly what he’s doing and, as some have said, he seems to have that gift of luck.

With City going out, the Carabao Cup is there for the taking too. Would be immense for ETH to win a trophy in his first year. Not just for him, but the team. Winning things can often breed winning more things.

Status
Not open for further replies.