Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
This team is horrible. What the feck :lol:

Happy to be proven wrong though, hopefully

Fair enough, I wasn't taking a swipe at you by the way, I've read a lot of reaction to those Overmars quotes but it's nothing he hasn't said before. Surprised more people hadn't read them.

With the Promes and Overmars backing, then Greenwood and Antony, it's been increasingly clear he's a shit judge of character or just doesnt care about these issues.
All good. Now fingers crossed for a win.

Changed my vote to sack. Based on his starting lineup for the cup final he clearly won’t learn nothing and improve on his mistakes. Ridiculous to not start Hojland and Amad and even worse to start Rashford.

My only fear is that a puppet replacement will be even worse.

Performance hasn’t been good this season. LOTS of injuries have led to losses and us trailing. This affects the overall mood and moral of the team. So pointing to a single game somewhere in between where we had a decent squad is not a very good argument. Then you have players coming back from injury who are not at 100%, how the club is run, how the club supports the team and a generous number of other factors.

Sorry, didn’t mean to be rude and sorry if I sounded like an ass.

I’m not claiming to be an expert but at least I understand it’s complex and don’t go on message boards claiming to know everything and damning the boss. He gave us 3rd place in his first season and the Carabao title! It’s pretty darn impressive.

Maybe you should look at the Dunning-Kruger curve and see where you stand currently.

Anyway, I support the manager. I think he deserves more time. Especially now where the club management is starting to fix the problems with the overall management of the club.
Well by all accounts, the new club management have decided that part of fixing the problems with the club is sacking the manager, so they think that he is part of the problem.

We didn't have that many injuries at the start of the season, and we played terribly then. The tactics and formation that ETH has insisted on using all season is basically the opposite of what successful teams do these days, deliberately sacrificing the midfield and any control of the game while not having any kind of compact formation , which results in the opposition being able to run straight through us with ease every single game. That has nothing to do with injuries.

I support the club, not the manager.

@redcucumber I'm not trying to bait you but you ignored my comment and question?
I hadn't been online you oddball :lol: too busy watching the FA cup!

I don't typically make personal judgements of footballers and celebrities as I don't see the point. Hence why Fergie going to court for Giggs wasn't some unconscionable indiscretion.

I hadn't been online you oddball :lol: too busy watching the FA cup!

I don't typically make personal judgements of footballers and celebrities as I don't see the point. Hence why Fergie going to court for Giggs wasn't some unconscionable indiscretion.
Noted. Thanks enjoy the game.

Well by all accounts, the new club management have decided that part of fixing the problems with the club is sacking the manager, so they think that he is part of the problem.

We didn't have that many injuries at the start of the season, and we played terribly then. The tactics and formation that ETH has insisted on using all season is basically the opposite of what successful teams do these days, deliberately sacrificing the midfield and any control of the game while not having any kind of compact formation , which results in the opposition being able to run straight through us with ease every single game. That has nothing to do with injuries.

I support the club, not the manager.

Agree to disagree.

You don’t know if the club management has decided anything on EtH, unless you’re from the future? But then that would be bigger news than EtH sacking. :)

Wait, Ten Hag “gave us” the 3rd place and League Cup last year but it’s a collective failure (or maybe everyone’s fault except his) this year?

Wait, Ten Hag “gave us” the 3rd place and League Cup last year but it’s a collective failure (or maybe everyone’s fault except his) this year?
Every game we won was due to his managerial brilliance

Every game we lost was due to individual mistakes and players letting him down

This new manager bounce is fecking superb

Why didnt we do it 2 months ago

Sacking him is as mental as Bayern hiring Kompany

Everything that’s happened this seasons suggests he should be sacked, but there’s still something at the back of my mind which feels it would be wrong to do so.

This isn’t a just a team upping their game for a final, they are performing his game plan perfectly and it’s working magnificently. You don’t sack managers when you are in this position

Got the tactics spot on today. So why did he persist all season with a scheme that clearly didn't work?

Got the tactics spot on today. So why did he persist all season with a scheme that clearly didn't work?
We actually have Martinez and Varane fit today and we also can’t play this way against most teams anyway

Probably not going to look good tomorrow if he is sacked is it? Could almost tell by SJRs face.

Kind of shows he had a point with the centre backs. Martinez has been a game changer.

If we win, in this fashion. could it of saved his job?

Anyone changing the mind on ETH if we hold onto a win here? This performance definitely makes it harder to sack him

Probably not going to look good tomorrow if he is sacked is it?

Kind of shows he had a point with the centre backs. Martinez has been a game changer.

He had a point but, at the same time, your entire season can't depend on a couple of players staying fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.