Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
As shit as we’ve been this season - and to be fair it’s been extremely shit for the most part - it’s ever so slightly heartwarming to see some semblance of togetherness remain.

Whatever happens tomorrow at our circus of a club, lifting a trophy would be a huge achievement given the season we’ve had. Fingers crossed we can do it.

We actually have Martinez and Varane fit today and we also can’t play this way against most teams anyway
Even without them two, it took him 90% of the season to realise that Amrabat can be quite useful, and packing the midfield is a decent alternative to conceding 20 shots a game.

Probably not going to look good tomorrow if he is sacked is it? Could almost tell by SJRs face.

Kind of shows he had a point with the centre backs. Martinez has been a game changer.

If we win, in this fashion. could it of saved his job?
I’m not sure 1 game is a big enough sample. Didn’t we lose 7-0 to Liverpool when Martinez started? He has gotten the tactics right today though.

Probably not going to look good tomorrow if he is sacked is it? Could almost tell by SJRs face.

Kind of shows he had a point with the centre backs. Martinez has been a game changer.

If we win, in this fashion. could it of saved his job?

Or maybe…. Just maybe….

It’s more to do with completely changing the awful tactics he has used all season.

If he gets chopped, I hope that half makes him realise it’s a completely self inflicted wound.

Got the tactics spot on today. So why did he persist all season with a scheme that clearly didn't work?

Yeah, doing something different to shore the midfield up has worked so far.

Would have been nice for that to happen in October instead of May.

He lives! Back from the dead, Zombie Erik ten Hag returns as Man Utd manager for next season.

It's been a perfect plan so far to be fair. Bruno has been magnificent, Rashford and Martinez too.

He had a point but, at the same time, your entire season can't depend on a couple of players staying fit.
It’s not just been a couple it’s been the whole back line except Dalot at various points.

Anyone changing the mind on ETH if we hold onto a win here? This performance definitely makes it harder to sack him

No, he changed it specifically for the final and the players are obviously giving it an extra effort. If we had another league game after this, we would look lost again.

Got the tactics spot on today. So why did he persist all season with a scheme that clearly didn't work?

I was thinking about same thing but I do think you can’t play like that against lower team where you are expected to dominate more? Here we are compact, defending and letting city have the ball. But this should be our setup off the ball more or less.

He should be very proud if he will get a LvGesque goodbye. At least won't be remembered as a complete failure, again if we manage to win this - don't forget Coventry!

Want him sacked twice after this half. Why not play like this for the other parts of the season. We would have been worse because of the injuries, true, but we would be in the CL.

Yes but it's Martinez/Varane who make the most difference.
Which wouldn’t be as much of an issue if we had a well built squad, Maguire, Lindelof and Evans are not similar profiles of player and also have suffered injuries too throughout the season.

You can’t play this patient build up and long passing without it.

First off, stop talking like we've won this. We've seen second half collapses against far worse teams under ETH.

It would great to win this, firstly for the team and the fans but it would also be a good send off for him. I'm still firmly in the "thanks, but good bye" camp myself.

City will score …but no matter the score line, ETH has provided a glimpse into what a fit backline can add to our overall play. Let’s hope he has a great half time team talk to give too.

Anyone changing the mind on ETH if we hold onto a win here? This performance definitely makes it harder to sack him
It doesn’t really. You don’t assess managers on a single game of football. Will be good for him to go out on a high.

Status
Not open for further replies.