Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
man convinces the club to pay £85m for Antony, then complain about other teams having "a much better squad". You really can't make this shite up.

complaining about 3rd place and the Carabao not being good enough also completely misses the point. You've finished 8th in the PL this season and finished last in a CL group with Galatasaray and Kopenhagen, mate.

Please tell, because I'd say that statement is more true for you if you think there's been a 'solid number of good performances and a few great performances to fall back on when we were healthy this season'.

Performance hasn’t been good this season. LOTS of injuries have led to losses and us trailing. This affects the overall mood and moral of the team. So pointing to a single game somewhere in between where we had a decent squad is not a very good argument. Then you have players coming back from injury who are not at 100%, how the club is run, how the club supports the team and a generous number of other factors.

Sorry, didn’t mean to be rude and sorry if I sounded like an ass.

I’m not claiming to be an expert but at least I understand it’s complex and don’t go on message boards claiming to know everything and damning the boss. He gave us 3rd place in his first season and the Carabao title! It’s pretty darn impressive.

Maybe you should look at the Dunning-Kruger curve and see where you stand currently.

Anyway, I support the manager. I think he deserves more time. Especially now where the club management is starting to fix the problems with the overall management of the club.

Last edited:
He is a complete tosser and cnut on a human level, an imposter of a manager. Clueless and tactically inept. The sacking will be so sweet :drool:

To be fair, we weren't, it was still gettable in the last few weeks, we were just far too shit to take advantage of those above us stuttering. I suppose in that regard, we were out of it ages ago, as everyone knew we weren't capable of getting a string of wins to get there.
Yep spot on, the fact we only finished 8 points behind Villa tells you how close it was when we've been as shit as we have been. Just a few competent performances and we would have got it.

To be fair, we weren't, it was still gettable in the last few weeks, we were just far too shit to take advantage of those above us stuttering. I suppose in that regard, we were out of it ages ago, as everyone knew we weren't capable of getting a string of wins to get there.
Eh?! We were 11 points behind Villa in game week 30! Which was end of March/early April. In March we were 8 points behind. It was never gettable, beyond Villa losing every single remaining game and us winning all of ours.

He is not wrong. People were desperate for him to fail.
If he was english, the media and pundits would have defended him just as passionately as they criticise him now.

Still, he fails to acknowledge that his downfall is largely his own doing. Refusing to move on from his horrible formation, playing players out of position, always picking his favourites.

Hope with all my heart we win today.

I think it's not a coincidence the three most injury hit teams are finishing 1point of each other, despite having good enough squads to beat a lot of opposition's they dropped points against.
Us, Newcastle and who else..? Chelsea cleared us by 3 points. And both Chelsea and Newcastle had a respectable goal difference. We finished on minus. Far too many red flags and not enough redeeming performance indicators, despite the injuries.

Can you point to a single performance to show us what it is supposed to look like? As you're an expert.

It should look similar to last season as a whole, only stronger. So multiple performances and overall performance I can point to.

He is not wrong. People were desperate for him to fail.
If he was english, the media and pundits would have defended him just as passionately as they criticise him now.

Still, he fails to acknowledge that his downfall is largely his own doing. Refusing to move on from his horrible formation, playing players out of position, always picking his favourites.

Hope with all my heart we win today.
Does he get noteworthy criticism from the media and pundits? Neville and Keane think we should keep him. It's the absolute opposite - people were desperate for him to succeed and gave him a pretty generous leash. It just hasn't worked out. There hasn't been some concerted media campaign against him ffs.

Ironically, I think that post was pretty OTT.
I didn’t think it was. But meh. All the news is that there will be a new manager next season no matter the differences of opinion online. Palace game sealed it for me. Felt like Ole’s Watford moment.

You cannot have a manager in a position like United’s that in anyway tries to sportswash what Overmars did.

Call it virtue signalling or whatever but I’ve found my line.
You do know about Fergie giving a character reference for Giggs in court when he was on trial for the domestic assault?

I didn’t think it was. But meh. All the news is that there will be a new manager next season no matter the differences of opinion online. Palace game sealed it for me. Felt like Ole’s Watford moment.

At Watford we looked likely to fight back until Maguire happened.
Palace is the worst I've felt watching United ever.

He also had his "Jose against Newcastle" moment to save him

Yep spot on, the fact we only finished 8 points behind Villa tells you how close it was when we've been as shit as we have been. Just a few competent performances and we would have got it.

8 points is not close at all. Its miles away.

How can anyone like this pathetic excuse of man who is supporting a person was charged for sexual harassment. This guy has zero morals and doesn’t deserve to be anywhere near our club.

Not posted for a long time on here but I think it’s a complete and utter disgrace what the club and much of the fan base is becoming. Today is cup final day and it’s dominated by negativity and controversy. We have no class or decorum, no respect or rights for any thing and I hate the way we are yet again going to throw another good man under the bus to protect another year of big contract pay for a squad of players who are in the majority just milking the club and our good nature for all they can get. Ole was criticised for being too soft we all wanted a hard line head master to come in and clear out the pretenders and the goings got tough and we’ve not stood by him.
:boring: Not this again

It's three wins. When you look at our fixtures, if we weren't shit, it was more than doable. But we are, so it wasn't.

Three wins is doable for the 90's United.

For banter era United, anything more than a few points behind and we are scrapping for it.

What you are accusing people of is using someone who is clearly supporting sexual harassment as an excuse to change sides? That’s just sad, wrong and poor form.

So were you unaware of any of his other Overmars quotes, and did you think he was not one of the driving factors within the club to bring Greenwood back?

Also supporting Overmars and Greenwood obviously doesn’t mean he supports sexual harassment. It just suggests he has dodgy priorities.

We were are awfull this season.or It started in pre season realy that was a nightmare, he bought imo players we didn't need and not good enough. Mainoo has been a massive plus he didn't buy him Dalot another player who's been very good in a bad side, he didn't buy him.. the 3 players of note he's bought have been rubbish..

Antony ,Onana ,Mount.. just for buying those he should get the sack.. Poch becoming available may have just put the final Nail in.... I think he's gone and its been known a while ..I just hope the players can just roll there sleeves up for the last 90 mins ... of his tenure....

It is considering how crap we've been this season. Just think of the games that we should've won, at home especially, and we easily would've been 8/9 points better off.
Then think of the games we were lucky to win. It goes both ways.

We've been dreadful and deservedly finished 8th with a negative goal difference. It is what it is. No ifs or buts

Saying top 4 was gettable in the final weeks is bizarrely off the mark. It isn't just a case of us winning all of our remaining games, but also the team in 4th losing the majority of theirs. It was never, ever on the cards. (and I know people aren't using it as some defence of ten Hag)

Yep. I didn't think it was a controversial thing to say. It's not some defence of Ten Hag or our dog shit football.
Yeh it's not controversial at all, I actually thought everyone agreed about this whatever side of the manager fence your on, a few wins in games we should've won and we would have got it.

Then think of the games we were lucky to win. It goes both ways.

We've been dreadful and deservedly finished 8th with a negative goal difference. It is what it is. No ifs or buts

Of course we deserved to finish that low, we've been shit. I said a while ago, if we finished top 4 somehow it would be the first time in history the table has lied, we had no right to finish high up.

Look it's obviously the correct decision but the way it's all playing out in the media the day before the cup final is pretty distasteful.

Yeah much as I might want Erik to be sacked this breaking on eve of final is awful preparation

It is considering how crap we've been this season. Just think of the games that we should've won, at home especially, and we easily would've been 8/9 points better off.
just think of all the games we should've lost. I believe expected points had us finish 14th or 15th ... all in all, we were lucky to get to 8th.

We also should have lost games that we didn't.

The only teams with the consistency to make up an 8 point gap imo are Liverpool and City.

And even then I don't think it's as easy as people think.

Yeh it's not controversial at all, I actually thought everyone agreed about this whatever side of the manager fence your on, a few wins in games we should've won and we would have got it.
Are people forgetting it's also dependent on the other team in 4th also losing a lot of games in relatively quick succession?!

Status
Not open for further replies.