Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still waiting on you to provide the source of this poll

Even if somehow it exists, where is the elsewhere? INEOS changed the board, CEO, CFO, technical director and DOF. While players are always changed and nearly half of the team has already been changed since summer 2022.

Na done.

Injuries he’s had little to no control over which means I can understand our league position.

This he can get in the bin for.

That's assuming that these muscular injuries have nothing to do with conditioning and fitness management which is one aspect of his job.

Edit: On a side note, people should remember that things really hit the fans for Mourinho after his alleged fallout with Rui Faria.

I don't know why so many people find him "likeable". Guy talks like he's Mourinho with nothing to back it with. Also, he wants new signings, a fully fit team and then his goal would be to "try to aim for top 4 again"? How ambitious. Should have been sacked way sooner.
To be fair, dont get me wrong he had his faults, Jose took us to 2nd and also won us a Europa League cup - not what Fergie would have even contemplated but it was something. Finishing 8th with -1 goal difference is frustrating. I have nowt against ETH as a man, as a person but I dont see im as progression manager. Trouble is now mate we now seek another manager and then 12 months maybe 18 if lucky we get rid again. The club seem an 'immediate success seeking club rather than a build-from-the-youth type (aka Sir Matt and Fergie). We have some brilliant youth members in Garnacho, Mainoo, Kambwala, Amad etc so why not start from scratch as none of us recognise we can compete with '115-case Ci-eh' or Arteta's Arses' as yet

Even if somehow it exists, where is the elsewhere? INEOS changed the board, CEO, CFO, technical director and DOF. While players are always changed and nearly half of the team has already been changed since summer 2022.

Exactly which suggests such a poll would be from around the time they took over.

Made sense in January to say 'let Ineos change the executives and directors before deciding about the coaching staff'. But we're at that point.

That's assuming that these muscular injuries have nothing to do with conditioning and fitness management which is one aspect of his job.

Edit: On a side note, people should remember that things really hit the fans for Mourinho after his alleged fallout with Rui Faria.

What things hit the fans?

Man Utd fans?

You cannot have a manager in a position like United’s that in anyway tries to sportswash what Overmars did.

Call it virtue signalling or whatever but I’ve found my line.
Yeahhhh that line has killed the sympathy I had for him in this situation. You can tell he's got the "boys changing room" mentality where guys can do whatever they want to women and he'd ignore it on the basis of "he's a good footballer".

The Overmaars comments is something that he has repeatedly made, even during his time here. It's not new.

It's not new but their importance increase each times he tries to make that point.

Do you really believe that a manager who wants a player in his team does not ask one of his assistants to do a simple background check of him? Like a google search?

You don't know whether he was aware or not. I agree on Greenwood or Overmars, but you're making an assumption just to have one more name in that list to make your argument look stronger

Reading some new quotes from him this morning and tell me please how this guy deserves sympathy

- Erik ten Hag to @VI_nl: “Manchester United won the league for the last time in 2013, 11 years ago. But still they expect us to win every game while competing at the top. This club is not ready for that.”

“We were supposed to start building something and we made the first steps last year, but then you find out how big this club is and that nobody is ever satisfied. Within the club people were satisfied, but outside the club there was noise by saying I won only the Carabao Cup, lost the FA Cup Final and became 3rd.”

“Well, then you have no sense of reality. Other clubs had a much better squad.”
I am amazed players still behind him after hearing so many times from their coach how much worse they are than other teams.

Man I cant believe that interview. Selfish as feck to release that before the game, just completely self serving to make it look like Ineos lied to him in response to the rumors this week, make it all about him and his future ignoring there is a cup final to be played. This guy is not fit for the club

I almost can't believe this narrative that's taken over the fanbase, especially online (which is influential nowadays) with a lot of the big YouTube personalities etc that he just needs more time and that he's blameless for this season.

I almost can't believe this narrative that's taken over the fanbase, especially online (which is influential nowadays) with a lot of the big YouTube personalities etc that he just needs more time and that he's blameless for this season.

Because these youtube personalities dont really understand football and especially dont understand how successful clubs are successful.

Wait, when was this interview cut and why would he answer such questions?

Seems absolutely suicidal. Has anyone seen a full transcript or video version? I can’t wrap my head around this happening at all.

Funny if posters start pivoting away from keeping ETH because of Overmars quotes that are actually just repeats of what he's already said multiple times in multiple previous interviews.

Found a nice excuse to change sides now they know he's going.

It was also 100% obvious he was fully supportive of bringing Greenwood back.

Yeahhhh that line has killed the sympathy I had for him in this situation. You can tell he's got the "boys changing room" mentality where guys can do whatever they want to women and he'd ignore it on the basis of "he's a good footballer".
He was advocating for Greenwood to come back into the side last year, I'm not surprised by his Overmars comments.

I quite enjoy Stretford Paddock, but I'm a bit surprised how they now want him to get more time and say the majority of the fanbase want him to stay, which I just don't thinks true.

I quite enjoy Stretford Paddock, but I'm a bit surprised how they now want him to get more time and say the majority of the fanbase want him to stay, which I just don't thinks true.
Echo chambers will do that to you. The reason I like this place is because it's a broad mix of casuals all the way to die hard match goers. It's a better representation of the fanbase.

He’s going into his 3rd season here and still talking about top 4 is the aim :lol:
Agree. If he is still talking about top 4 after that spending then he still don't know what is the expectation here.

I wish people appreciate the Jose way of doing things more. Take one season to understand the players and title in second season . Ofcourse it didn't happen with us but we still had our best season post Fergie.

Status
Not open for further replies.