Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because someone is at a midtable club it does not mean that they are mediocre. You have a very limited way of looking at things. Following your view we’d only have 2-3 managers to aim for. Its nonsense. Was Pep world class when he took over Barca from its youth teams? Was zidane world class when he took over Madrid the first time? Was Kenny Dalglish when he became player manager at Liverpool? Was Alex Ferguson when he took over United? Take those limiting goggles off and look less at where they are coming from

I agree with your point but Sir Alex was genuinely a world class manager when he took over United

How the feck has he underperformed? With all these injuries and team composition did People expected title challenge?

IMHO his biggest failure was the transfer market. With the benefit of hindsight Onana, Mount, Antony, Ambrat deals are on him and IMHO we wasted shit loads of money

We've just had our worst Premier League and Champions League campaigns in the same season. Finished 8th, most home defeats in a season in the clubs history, most goals conceded in a season since I believe the 70's.

If that isn't underperforming then I don't know what is, injuries explain it to an extent but not completely.

That's my only concern about him. He would be my top choice, but he has been there during some of our most chaotic periods, worked under Rangnick, and there were rumours then of players not having a great deal of respect for him or his methods. Will he have lost the dressing room before he even arrives?!

He worked under Rangnick for about a week.

And there'll only be about 5-6 players still at the club that have worked with him before.

Basically, the club hasn't said anything and we know they don't need to tell anyone anything, maybe because there's a cup final on Saturday. So like all football news we have to continue to make stuff up until they do, that's how we operate here at Sky and in all football journalism really. We'll be back to this every hour where we will say the same 5 sentences for 15 minutes again without actually providing any really information at all.

How the feck has he underperformed? With all these injuries and team composition did People expected title challenge?

IMHO his biggest failure was the transfer market. With the benefit of hindsight Onana, Mount, Antony, Ambrat deals are on him and IMHO we wasted shit loads of money
Performing like a bottom half PL side after spending £400m is massively underperforming. There's no real argument against it.

That's my only concern about him. He would be my top choice, but he has been there during some of our most chaotic periods, worked under Rangnick, and there were rumours then of players not having a great deal of respect for him or his methods. Will he have lost the dressing room before he even arrives?!
What rumours about his methods? How can he lose a dressing room before he’s even arrived? What does that even mean?

If the decision is made already, Erik is being very dignified about it all, kept his counsel and not thrown anyone under a bus.

As he has been for most of the season.

Some of the man-babies, itk’s, and football geniuses in this thread could learn a lot from Erik.

Let’s get behind everyone tomorrow

Honestly I think INEOS have let the FA Cup final outcome determine his fate. They've probably already got one of De Zerbi/Tuchel/McKenna/Poch on ice, and will be ready to pull the trigger in the likelihood we lose tomorrow. If Ten Hag does fluke a win tomorrow then I can see them giving him another year with the new setup.

Honestly I think INEOS have let the FA Cup final outcome determine his fate. They've probably already got one of De Zerbi/Tuchel/McKenna/Poch on ice, and will be ready to pull the trigger in the likelihood we lose tomorrow. If Ten Hag does fluke a win tomorrow then I can see them giving him another year with the new setup.
I don’t think you can lose 19 games in a single season as the Manchester United manager and then have your job hinge on whether or not you lose 20. He’s gone.

I find it mental that people genuinely believe they'd let a cup game decide the near future fate of their investment.

Finished bottom of the CL group.
Finished 8th in the PL. Yes, 8th.
I genuinely still cannot believe we finished LAST in a group with Copenhagen, Galatasaray and the worst Bayern side in 15 years. Last? Couldn't even scrape 3rd? Totally unacceptable. Ratcliffe is a far better man than me because I would have fired him on the spot after that final game.

He won't.

I can see your reasoning but I think they’ve made up their mind already.

I got message, enjoy newbies because I had post against EtH. Honestly I don't care, I am 41, what people on internet thinks me. But that was childish.

Is this a forum or echo chamber.
It's been a really difficult 24 hours for ten hag inners. Just turn the other cheek and rise above it.

I can see your reasoning but I think they’ve made up their mind already.
It’s mental to think that in a one off cup game final where anything can happen you’d be like “yeah, this guy has earned another 50 games after that scrappy deflected goal and parking the bus for a good 60 minutes. This is exactly the type of thing we can build upon”

I genuinely still cannot believe we finished LAST in a group with Copenhagen, Galatasaray and the worst Bayern side in 15 years. Last? Couldn't even scrape 3rd? Totally unacceptable. Ratcliffe is a far better man than me because I would have fired him on the spot after that final game.
He didn’t have any control then.

I think others have already responded to this so nothing more to add.

I will say it is genuinely baffling for a Utd fan to say he hasn't underperformed. The injuries excuse can only go so far.

Reckon McKenna is next in and Chelsea/Brighton making moves for him has forced our hand

No happiness. No relief. I liked him a lot and wanted him to succeed. But ultimately 8th and the CL campaign was too dire to defend

Was always going to happen. It is sad that things did not work out with Ten Hag, he looked so promising, and I feel sorry for him. Let us hope for a last high note in his tenure.

It's over
As I said it's been decided from some time ago.

Game over.

Well that's what everyone has assumed and said, but United shouldn't allow a story like that to stand unopposed today. Whoever has fed that to Steinberg should be binned off even before Ten Hag.

Well that's what everyone has assumed and said, but United shouldn't allow a story like that to stand unopposed today. Whoever has fed that to Steinberg should be binned off even before Ten Hag.
It says a well placed source at the club confirmed it. Could be Ten Hag himself. Shall they sack him twice?

Wanted it to work but this season has been a disaster and truth be told the football for the last 18 months has been terrible even when we get the result.

Status
Not open for further replies.