Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
When the PL is all said and done, the worst PL finish in our history and a negative goal difference and half of our fans still want him around. Feel like I’m taking crazy pills sometimes.

Let's talk about the highlights of the Premier League season.

Remember those 20 minutes against Spurs?
When they almost beat Chelsea with 2 minutes to go?
Not getting pumped at Anfield?

Scotty's "ten Hag Time" comeback goals against Brentford who we were losing 1-0 to at home for most of the game.

Just checked looks like Newcastle have had more injuries to defenders this season resulting in them missing more games.
n5VDgjA.png

HSEssrn.png

wrzlszk.png

Don't think we had a LB today, actually we didn't have a RB either, AWB was AWOLmost of the first half and much of the second, every time that Brighton LW got the ball there was nobody within 20 yards of him

Much of the first half we almost looked like we were playing 3 at the back, you'd think after the time he's been here that Amrabat would have learned by now you can't dawdle on the ball
10m loan fee :wenger:

Bayern sniffing apparently. I know he apparently claims he's happy at Palace but if they are really interested he'd be insane to ignore them.

He's really impressed me.
They look like they’re capable of scoring every time they attack whereas they were stale under hodgson.
done really well turning them around so quickly

Hard to believe that despite how crap this season has been that we've only finished 8 points behind Villa. Crazy really.

Hard to believe that despite how crap this season has been that we've only finished 8 points behind Villa. Crazy really.

To be fair Villa and Spurs have been tripping over themselves to give that fourth spot up. Villa will rightly be buzzing but they've been shite for a good few weeks.

Because this isn't a team devoid of quality, many have peddled this narrative to absolve the manager of his own influence but I think under the conditions with 4-5 or signings and a competent manager, this team could represent a level just below challenging but being among top four comfortably.

I feel he’s been dealt a bad hand this season with injuries, but to be this bad on performances throughout the season is ridiculous. Was there any game this entire season where we look dominant for the full 90? In fact, I don’t think we have ever won by more than 3goal margin in any game under ETH.

Because this isn't a team devoid of quality, many have peddled this narrative to absolve the manager of his own influence but I think under the conditions with 4-5 or signings and a competent manager, this team could represent a level just below challenging but being among top four comfortably.
Yep completely agree.

The table doesn't lie.
Only because the other teams around us have been unbelievably poor aswell. Apart from the top 3 this season the rest have been very inconsistent. And I don't buy the injuries excuse, not completely anyway, if we'd not played so open this season we could have easily got that 4th spot despite the injuries.

Ah give over, we have been poor. No matter what your opinion on the manager is, we have been poor, a blind man could see that.

You are not beating the exaggeration allegations with that.

Expectation in August: battling with Liverpool and Spurs for 3rd/4th
Expectation in December: battling with Spurs and Villa for 5th
Expectation in March: battling with Chelsea and Newcastle for 6th/7th
Reality: battling with West Ham for 8th.
Next season: battling with Palace and Brighton for top 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.