Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
You realize he has won against Guardiola before, right? And Klopp just a few weeks ago? People have short memories.

I never said he had a 0% chance of winning. But we have a marginally better chance without him.

We can revisit the question of whether his presence adds any value to our performances after we've played Palace, Arsenal and Newcastle.

Yeah when he came out with that on the back of that Anfield annihilation it was the turning point. Just made me think well why have we employed you if unable to implement that style here
Why can't we play in our own way and not Ajax's way? United really has lost it's identity if we're trying to copy other clubs and failing.

It sound like it is you, let's start by first answering the question from my previous post.

Do you agree that the system was Ten Hag had a veto, joint with the DoF and had an element of control, not sole control? Let's start there.

Depends what's an element of control mean to you?

Would you agree that Ten Hag had been the driving force behind identifying targets?

Depends what's an element of control mean to you?

Would you agree that Ten Hag had been the driving force behind identifying targets?
Hes a driving force. But not the driving force. He has no more power over transfers than the DoF.

The problem is, the DoF is utter wank and offered nothing on the table to work with, so by default we ended up getting a load of ten hag names. Which isn't the design of the system.

Glad he’s firing back at all the critics out there. Everyone seemingly wants to make headlines out of United and they cannot get away with it every single time. I’ll back him strongly until he’s no longer here

Finally. Hopefully he continues calling out the drivel of pundits and the media.

Fuming that he didn’t say «Yeah we’re looking to sell the majority of these useless pricks as soon as the season ends»

We’re nearly 2 years in yes, but it’s not exactly been a regular 2 years.

In a normal 2 year environment I would expect a bit better but even then I’m not guaranteeing top 4 with how our side has been in the last 11.

Ten Hag trying to get us to the next level required big personnel changes something everyone was agreeing on when he was first hired but now there isn’t as much acceptance.

I think give Ten Hag 2 more years and I think we’ll be closing in on a title challenge.

Dealing with adversity is the sign if a top manager. No year is a regular by that metric, nothing is ever ideal. If everyone had mostly stayed fit this season he should have been coming 4th ahead of Villa and Spurs.

I dread to think where we'll be in 2 years if he carries on. But if for some inexplciable reason he's still here in 2 years then I hope you are right and he has us going in the right direction. But at the same time it shouldn't be taking 4-5 years just to get into a position to maybe make a title challenge. I don't think anyone including the club envisaged such a long term project when Ten Hag was hired. And to be honest he's no spring chicken either, if we're thinking that long term I'd prefer us to hire a young manager in his early to mid 40's this summer for that kind of project.

This thread has its own bust/boom/bust cycle...but on a weekly basis.

There is a feeling of haplessness after every game & shit performance, the Haggites disappear for a while or keep a low profile for a day or two, by Wednesday or Thursday they come back with the old vigor and excuses - injuries, squad is not his, that famous CL semi-final run, no one else is there, structure, blah, blah, blah - the same old hits, then the reverence reaches peak devotion till the game begins, then comes the "I am not as supportive as I was before this shit performance", disappear again, rinse and repeat.
Yeah. The polls creep ever more in Ten Hag’s favor as his press conferences are analyzed and dissected and we forget how crap we looked in the last match.

:wenger:

Yeah. The polls creep ever more in Ten Hag’s favor as his press conferences are analyzed and dissected and we forget how crap we looked in the last match.

:wenger:

You know people voting yes on the poll are still saying they want Ten Hag to leave in a little over 4 weeks?

I’d agree. Otherwise we’re starting a fresh with a new manager which could take another 3 years etc. some people don’t understand how big of a task it is at this club to get rid of all the rot. Like Ratcliffe said, you can’t keep blaming the managers when not ones been successful in this environment so now he’s changing the environment. ETH isn’t blameless though, he needs to cut out the silly things he does like the changes late in games when leading. The consistent of playing out of form players.

What is the rot specifically though? Players? Directors?

Teh Galzrs aren't running things day to day anymore, Woodward, Arnold and Murtagh are gone.

16+ players that played under Ralf are gone. Only Dalot, Rashford, Maguire, Varane, Shaw, Bissaka, Martial, Bruno, Lindelof, McTominay and Diallo remain.

Of those I'd say keep, Dalot, Bruno, Shaw, Rashford (don't see the club selling him) and Lindelof or Maguire as a back-up.

Sell, Wan Bissaka, McTominay, Diallo and one of Maguire and Lindelof.

I think Varane and Martial will probably leave with their contracts running out.

So we could be going into next season with only 5 or 6 players that finished the 21-22 season, is it really such a big task?

First doubts I have with ETHs position today.

Not due to the performances, or the noise around the club, but he doesn't know what's going on above him.

Bruno said about his future so clearly the players are briefed but ETH claims the reports are untrue. Clearly there may be plans without ETH at the helm.

Ralf Rangnick diagnosed many of our problems and told us of several players we should pursue but we knew he wasn't good enough for us. How stupid is Bayern Munich for wanting him? The rot in this club from tip to tail is thorough and is hopefully being addressed. I'd take Rangnick back as DOF in a second.

Hes a driving force. But not the driving force. He has no more power over transfers than the DoF.

The problem is, the DoF is utter wank and offered nothing on the table to work with, so by default we ended up getting a load of ten hag names. Which isn't the design of the system.

The system we had in place is wank mate, we all know that that we're not disagreeing there. But (and we can debate the reasons why) Ten Hag has been the one within the club primarily identifying potenital signings. I'm sure a few like Tom Heaton or Casemiro were club suggestions he was ok with, might have been a few others. But would you say it's fair to say that maybe 80% of his signings were his own suggestions?

You know people voting yes on the poll are still saying they want Ten Hag to leave in a little over 4 weeks?
Yeah, in this case it actually does make sense for "Keep until end of season" to creep back up, as with each passing day, we'd have less and less time with an interim in place.

Yes and I think the decision is already made, the only question mark is over timing.

If we lose the FA Cup they'll announce it the next day. If we somehow win, they'll give it a few days to a week before announcing it to avoid a repeat of what happened with LVG.
He's a dead man walking and he knows it (or maybe he's too dumb and oblivious he doesnt know like how he thinks we are entertaining and play well). Anyhow I have a feeling we have already approached and agreed a deal with someone to manage us next and we havent announced it out of the circumstances (upcoming FA cup final and that particular someone still has something to win in his current club). I think its gonna be Tuchel. He's exactly the type of head coach INEOS is looking for. Someone who dgaf about transfer in general and just wanna do the coaching stuff.

The system we had in place is wank mate, we all know that that we're not disagreeing there. But (and we can debate the reasons why) Ten Hag has been the one within the club primarily identifying potenital signings. I'm sure a few like Tom Heaton or Casemiro were club suggestions he was ok with, might have been a few others. But would you say it's fair to say that maybe 80% of his signings were his own suggestions?
Yes, but your insinuation is it's there by design, which is false. The system only works if the DoF is capable of having his own weight in opinion and his own candidates to overlay the managers suggestions with.

Please tell me which business allows an expenditure through the guidance of an employee who only has 12 months (one season) left on his contract in a summer windows? one which may be in excess of 100m?

Who has failed to reach targets and cost the club multiple millions.

Who has ushered out a top european talent that was purchased for almost 80m and refused to get the best out of him and is now looking every bit the player he should be at Dortmund.

Who decided to let a world class talented gk leave for free and use 50m of the budget to get his replacement who single handedly dunked us out of europe this season?

Who Purchased a winger for 80m who wouldnt start for Everton let alone united and insisted on his purchase.

Who purchased a midfielder who had a terrible season at his parent club and insisted in paying over the odds in securing him and has barely played a full game this season.

Should I go on?

He. Is. Gone
How long after the FA Cup final do you think they'll wait?

Yeah the structure at their clubs is irrelevant because they did all the work on the training pitch. The thing ETH has spectacularly failed to do in 2 years.

At United when you get a tactically incompetent manager it seems a large number of fans think they have to be given Rices and Kanes to bail out their ineptitude.

And to some extent, you can have very good players who you aren't going to get the best out of.

Do you accept that INEOs have more information than us to make that call ? Do you accept there are variables , some more relevant then others, that perhaps make keeping ETH now and maybe even next season actually make sense? Might even be as simple as INEOs haven’t got who they want in the club yet and want to make a fully informed choice after these people are recruited.

You don’t have to like it to see that United is in a stage of massive flux right now that means we aren’t in a normal stage of hiring/firing managers “cause top 4 and 400 million spent”. INEOs are in a stage of planning and putting in place long term structures. This season is nearly over , next 4 games are irrelevant in many ways , so hiring an interim is probably considered not productive.

I think this is a key point, and personally I think it's what does for him.

There's a huge summer in terms of recruitment coming up. Clearly Ten Hag isn't going to get the control he had over transfers under the new regime but will need some input, if he's the one coaching the team and setting them up next year. They're not just going to hand him players, given the unique system he is and/or wants to employ, and nor should they. It'd be a disaster.

There's a year left on his contract and no realistic prospect they extend it given performance. Another poor season next year further impacts FFP making another big summer "reset" the following year unlikely.

They can move him on at the end of the season and nobody will bat an eye lid. If he doesn't go, he is, by inference, their man and if it doesn't work out, they carry the can and put everything back another year. Ratcliffe is talking about returning the club to the top table as soon as he can. The club is in flux but they're moving quickly and I personally think they'll act decisively.

All logic dictates they'll move him on, in my opinion. New manager, new players and starting again.

Yes, but your insinuation is it's there by design, which is false. The system only works if the DoF is capable of having his own weight in opinion and his own candidates to overlay the managers suggestions with.

I think Ten Hag wanted that responsibility. Do you disagree?

Curious to know if the more vocal Ten Hag supporters watched the CL semifinal PSG v Dortmund. @VP89 @BenitoSTARR @NLunited @glazed

There is a narrative that continues to be voiced by the Ten Hag supporters that this squad has too many injuries, the right players weren’t bought because Ten Hag doesn’t have control over transfers, and there are no problems with the tactics themselves, it’s the players lack of execution. Varane, Eriksen and Casemiro are too old, etc. Frankenstein squad and so forth.

Watching Dortmund go toe-to-toe with PSG was fascinating. Dortmund has retreads all over the pitch, including two who played for Ten Hag here last season, Sancho and Sabitzer. Mats Hummels at 35, and possibly the slowest human ever, playing a relatively high line, is dancing around the pitch, directing traffic, cleaning up messes. Fullkrug, the retread of retreads, scoring a goal and being a nuisance. Sancho roasting Mendes and constantly putting the defense under pressure with key passes and beating his man. Sabitzer covering huge areas. This squad at Dortmund is so much greater than the sum of its parts. Look at how they defend, compact. The way they break forward on the counterattack. When in possession, there is constant movement, options everywhere, crisp patterns of play.

They go dumpster diving for players every season, looking for value in youths or castoffs. They haven’t spent more than €30m on a player since 2016, and that year they spent 35m for Dembele!

And somehow, Edin Terzic has figured a way to play with structure, organization, control. That’s coaching. That is top notch pre game preparation.

It’s easy to see how our squad, with superior players, could play like Dortmund. Bruno plays the role of Brandt, Hojlund as FullKrug, Mainoo as Sabitzer, Casemiro as Can, Sancho as, well, Sancho. Maguire as Hummels.

So, I suppose you can continue to make excuses for Ten Hag. But instead of complaining, real managers/coaches like Terzic are putting out exciting teams that are making deep runs in major competitions with a fraction of the resources.

@hobbers @stevoc Would like to know if you watched the match and what your impressions were.

What are those big personnel changes? Are we talking the board or the team itself? You called it a rebuild, but is it really a rebuild? Maybe I'm being unfair, but the way I see it not a lot has changed. I would be more accepting of our place in the table if we used a massive amount of youngsters at every position and building off that, instead it's veterans and players we've had for quite some time who didn't cut it under Ole and even Mourinho but still get to have a place on the team. He has spent 450 million pounds, yet there is nothing within this squad that has been "rebuilt". Obviously ETH isn't solely to blame for this, but he plays a big part in it. I don't see how you can have so much faith in him transforming us into title contenders within 2 years when he's perfectly fine with all the mediocrity in the team. If we were truly rebuilding he could have pushed for an upgrade at RB and CB, replace some players who have disappointed us for quite some years now, yet he insisted on bringing in Mason Mount who is now permanently glued to the bench.
Playing staff and senior staff. Nobody on here can convince me our players are potential title winners.

Yes I would argue it’s a rebuild given we’ve replaced CEO, DOF and more.
:lol:

There isn't as much acceptance because he's made big personnel changes already and they've largely been shit. And even the good ones were more short term than Mourinho's. Also the football we play is rank.

Ange and Emery can come in and get their teams playing recognisably better football with better results within weeks. Ten Hag apparently needs £800m and 4 years to do it? Maybe more? What a failure.
In your opinion yes.

There is a big difference between building a league winning side and one that can do a spurs or villa. Villa is still very impressive.
Dealing with adversity is the sign if a top manager. No year is a regular by that metric, nothing is ever ideal. If everyone had mostly stayed fit this season he should have been coming 4th ahead of Villa and Spurs.

I dread to think where we'll be in 2 years if he carries on. But if for some inexplciable reason he's still here in 2 years then I hope you are right and he has us going in the right direction. But at the same time it shouldn't be taking 4-5 years just to get into a position to maybe make a title challenge. I don't think anyone including the club envisaged such a long term project when Ten Hag was hired. And to be honest he's no spring chicken either, if we're thinking that long term I'd prefer us to hire a young manager in his early to mid 40's this summer for that kind of project.
What adversity has Pep had at City?

We have had an abnormally disruptive season by any measure. To deny that is just silly now.

It absolutely should be taking us about 4 years to get into that position given we haven’t been operating as a proper elite football club for 11 years.

Do you accept that INEOs have more information than us to make that call ? Do you accept there are variables , some more relevant then others, that perhaps make keeping ETH now and maybe even next season actually make sense? Might even be as simple as INEOs haven’t got who they want in the club yet and want to make a fully informed choice after these people are recruited.

INEOS should have enough of an idea right now that he is quite obviously not the man to take us forward. And installing a new system and structure with one of the most important positions still being filled with the wrong guy seems a strange approach. So no, there's not a single reason we should keep him any longer than this season.

Curious to know if the more vocal Ten Hag supporters watched the CL semifinal PSG v Dortmund. @VP89 @BenitoSTARR @NLunited @glazed

There is a narrative that continues to be voiced by the Ten Hag supporters that this squad has too many injuries, the right players weren’t bought because Ten Hag doesn’t have control over transfers, and there are no problems with the tactics themselves, it’s the players lack of execution. Varane, Eriksen and Casemiro are too old, etc. Frankenstein squad and so forth.

Watching Dortmund go toe-to-toe with PSG was fascinating. Dortmund has retreads all over the pitch, including two who played for Ten Hag here last season, Sancho and Sabitzer. Mats Hummels at 35, and possibly the slowest human ever, playing a relatively high line, is dancing around the pitch, directing traffic, cleaning up messes. Fullkrug, the retread of retreads, scoring a goal and being a nuisance. Sancho roasting Mendes and constantly putting the defense under pressure with key passes and beating his man. Sabitzer covering huge areas. This squad at Dortmund is so much greater than the sum of its parts. Look at how they defend, compact. The way they break forward on the counterattack. When in possession, there is constant movement, options everywhere, crisp patterns of play.

They go dumpster diving for players every season, looking for value in youths or castoffs. They haven’t spent more than €30m on a player since 2016, and that year they spent 35m for Dembele!

And somehow, Edin Terzic has figured a way to play with structure, organization, control. That’s coaching. That is top notch pre game preparation.

It’s easy to see how our squad, with superior players, could play like Dortmund. Bruno plays the role of Brandt, Hojlund as FullKrug, Mainoo as Sabitzer, Casemiro as Can, Sancho as, well, Sancho. Maguire as Hummels.

So, I suppose you can continue to make excuses for Ten Hag. But instead of complaining, real managers/coaches like Terzic are putting out exciting teams that are making deep runs in major competitions with a fraction of the resources.

@hobbers @stevoc Would like to know if you watched the match and what your impressions were.
My honest answer is I watched it and other than Sancho playing well for the first half wasn’t really paying much attention.

Dortmund have a good footballing operation and have done for a long time. So it’s not a huge surprise that they can have the odd good season or performance in a cup competition. But you know they’re 5th in the Bundesliga behind Leverkusen, Bayern, Stuttgart and Leipzig?

We could also argue that the best footballing structures tend to go the furthest regardless of manager. Real Madrid, Bayern, City now etc are all regulars in these final stages.

If we focus on football and not commercial performances then I’m sure we’ll be back there too.

What is the rot specifically though? Players? Directors?

Teh Galzrs aren't running things day to day anymore, Woodward, Arnold and Murtagh are gone.

16+ players that played under Ralf are gone. Only Dalot, Rashford, Maguire, Varane, Shaw, Bissaka, Martial, Bruno, Lindelof, McTominay and Diallo remain.

Of those I'd say keep, Dalot, Bruno, Shaw, Rashford (don't see the club selling him) and Lindelof or Maguire as a back-up.

Sell, Wan Bissaka, McTominay, Diallo and one of Maguire and Lindelof.

I think Varane and Martial will probably leave with their contracts running out.

So we could be going into next season with only 5 or 6 players that finished the 21-22 season, is it really such a big task?
Some of the players aren’t playing for the club or the manager. How many managers have been thrown under the bus at this club? You can’t decide when to play good and bad when you’re getting a wage of over 150k a week. All our fans that pay there hard earned money weekly to watch them and they can’t even be bothered to show up and put in a decent performance. Dropping points to teams like Burnley who are getting relegated when our squad is probably worth 5x there’s is. The manger isn’t blameless like I’ve said numerous times before but how many times can we keep changing managers? If we’re happy to accept someone like potter or Southgate which are one of the more attainable managers then that will show how low we have become. Ratcliffe said when he came in we want the best in class in every department and unless we’re bringing in Guardiola/Klopp that ain’t happening.

My honest answer is I watched it and other than Sancho playing well for the first half wasn’t really paying much attention.

Dortmund have a good footballing operation and have done for a long time. So it’s not a huge surprise that they can have the odd good season or performance in a cup competition. But you know they’re 5th in the Bundesliga behind Leverkusen, Bayern, Stuttgart and Leipzig?

We could also argue that the best footballing structures tend to go the furthest regardless of manager. Real Madrid, Bayern, City now etc are all regulars in these final stages.

If we focus on football and not commercial performances then I’m sure we’ll be back there too.
That’s a complete cop out and deflection.

I’m purely talking about on field tactics and performance. They were second last season in the Bundesliga and equal on points. They sold Bellingham who is definitely on the shortlist for Ballon D’Or. They have +20 GD and 57 pts in 31 matches. We have a +1GD with 54 pts in 34 matches.

Ten Hag is supposed to be focusing on football. We have a much more superior squad. Just another excuse for Ten Hag…

Make any excuse for Ten Hag but try to explain his catastrophic midfield set up that has persisted no matter the players available or selected..

Beyond anything else that is the issue behind my lack of faith in him, it hasn't worked, it kills the midfielders, I don't think there is a midfield trio in the game who could cover the ground this insane set up creates.

That’s a complete cop out and deflection.

I’m purely talking about on field tactics and performance. They were second last season in the Bundesliga and equal on points. They sold Bellingham who is definitely on the shortlist for Ballon D’Or. They have +20 GD and 57 pts in 31 matches. We have a +1GD with 54 pts in 34 matches.

Ten Hag is supposed to be focusing on football. We have a much more superior squad. Just another excuse for Ten Hag…
How am I supposed to respond then?

Im just telling you I didn’t properly sit and watch the game. I was watching American Horror Story with my wife and had it on my phone in the background so I can’t comment beyond what I said.

We’ve had a more difficult season, in a more difficult league, with more off field issues, under greater scrutiny.

Put Ten Hag in Dortmund and do you doubt he’d do well?

Im not making any excuses here it’s called context. Sometimes when we make judgements about success we look at context.

Not all journeys are the same, not all clubs are equally scrutinised and tested. At the end of the day nothing you or I say has any real impact. It’s all just opinions.

So when I do bother to post in here at least accept that when I say something it’s my genuine view and not me trying to be difficult or deflect or cop out.

I reply to pretty much everyone on here even when they are rude to me. So I don’t think you can accuse me of copping out. I just don’t know enough about Dortmund’s tactical set up that night to provide the insight you require of me so sorry to disappoint.

We have had an abnormally disruptive season by any measure. To deny that is just silly now.

Sorry deny what exactly?

It absolutely should be taking us about 4 years to get into that position given we haven’t been operating as a proper elite football club for 11 years.

No it shouldn't, what happened under different managers and almost entirely different squads 5-6+ years ago should havelittle or no bearing on Ten Hag's success or failure circa 2024.

No I didn't watch it sorry. Having been subjected to 50+ games of United's football this season. My enthusiam for watching football of any kind is at an all time low.

Make any excuse for Ten Hag but try to explain his catastrophic midfield set up that has persisted no matter the players available or selected..

Beyond anything else that is the issue behind my lack of faith in him, it hasn't worked, it kills the midfielders, I don't think there is a midfield trio in the game who could cover the ground this insane set up creates.
Yup, this is something that gets conveniently ignored in the midst of the injuries discussion.

He's been using this midfield setup since preseason. Even back then, the alarm bells were ringing here, and it was repeatedly pointed out by multiple people that this setup would not work if he persisted with it into the season.

Some of the players aren’t playing for the club or the manager. How many managers have been thrown under the bus at this club? You can’t decide when to play good and bad when you’re getting a wage of over 150k a week. All our fans that pay there hard earned money weekly to watch them and they can’t even be bothered to show up and put in a decent performance. Dropping points to teams like Burnley who are getting relegated when our squad is probably worth 5x there’s is.

None of the managers since leaving United have proven United were wrong to sack them to be fair. And as I've pointed out the majority of the squad is new players or promotions in the last 2 years. So we can't keep saying ''these players have threw x amount of managers under the bus''. It's different players mate.

Very rarely do I think it's the case that a player just doesn't bother, it's much more complex than that. Very few players are playing well this season right across the squad, that's not a coincidence. I'm sure there are a lot of factors at play and I'm not blaming the manager for all of them. But confidence and morale are a very real thing, it can't be turned on and off.

The manger isn’t blameless like I’ve said numerous times before but how many times can we keep changing managers? If we’re happy to accept someone like potter or Southgate which are one of the more attainable managers then that will show how low we have become. Ratcliffe said when he came in we want the best in class in every department and unless we’re bringing in Guardiola/Klopp that ain’t happening.

How many right backs can we buy? How many central midfielders? How many strikers? I think most people would agree the answer as many as we need to, to find one that works out. It's no different with the manager, they're just another cog in the machine, and with the new strucure in place the managers position become much less influential and from here on out they should be even more replaceable. As the DOF and technical directors will be handling the recruitment and squad building and providing coninuity between coaches.

Apart form a select few names like Pep, Klopp and Carlo there will be very few managers who are not atainable for United. Ten Hag is I believe the 4th-6th highest paid coach in world football. So I'd imagine the vast majority of football managers working today would like to be on that type of salary.

Sorry deny what exactly?

No it shouldn't, what happened under different managers and almost entirely different squads 5-6+ years ago should havelittle or no bearing on Ten Hag's success or failure circa 2024.
We’ve had an abnormally disruptive season.

Past performance and long term structural inadequacies take time to improve.
No I didn't watch it sorry. Having been subjected to 50+ games of United's football this season. My enthusiam for watching football of any kind is at an all time low.
Is this a cop out @DSG ?

We know exactly what went wrong with Sancho. He has himself to blame.

BTW he was tried as a false nine because we had no striker.

Yes, we had no striker (because ETH bought Mount instead of an experienced striker). But the main question is: why did ETH try to use Sancho as a striker and not his boy Antony who was completely useless as a RW?

None of the managers since leaving United have proven United were wrong to sack them to be fair. And as I've pointed out the majority of the squad is new players or promotions in the last 2 years. So we can't keep saying ''these players have threw x amount of managers under the bus''. It's different players mate.

Very rarely do I think it's the case that a player just doesn't bother, it's much more complex than that. Very few players are playing well this season right across the squad, that's not a coincidence. I'm sure there are a lot of factors at play and I'm not blaming the manager for all of them. But confidence and morale are a very real thing, it can't be turned on and off.
Mourinho won Roma there first cup in so many years. Moyes is doing alright with West Ham and won a European trophy with them. Not saying we should have kept them but managers have been and gone and done well at other clubs. Although I agree the managers haven’t been good enough for here, could you argue the club have failed them aswell? If you look across at our rivals and see city, pep has people above him running a club properly. We’ve had a bunch of clowns running our club and not always signing managers 1st choice targets. LVG, Mourinho, and even Ole have all had some complaints about this club. I agree there all different players apart from Rashford who’s played under most of them managers. And he could be a major figure in the dressing room that affects other players… Ole said last year that there’s still a bad player in the dressing room

Mourinho won Roma there first cup in so many years. Moyes is doing alright with West Ham and won a European trophy with them. Not saying we should have kept them but managers have been and gone and done well at other clubs. Although I agree the managers haven’t been good enough for here, could you argue the club have failed them aswell? If you look across at our rivals and see city, pep has people above him running a club properly. We’ve had a bunch of clowns running our club and not always signing managers 1st choice targets. LVG, Mourinho, and even Ole have all had some complaints about this club. I agree there all different players apart from Rashford who’s played under most of them managers. And he could be a major figure in the dressing room that affects other players… Ole said last year that there’s still a bad player in the dressing room

Do you believe that in Real Madrid everything is running perfectly and all the players are saints?

Do you believe that the manager of Real Madrid would remain in his position after finishing last in an very easy CL group?

Our main problem with "the structure" is that they have not fired ETH yet.

How many right backs can we buy? How many central midfielders? How many strikers? I think most people would agree the answer as many as we need to, to find one that works out. It's no different with the manager, they're just another cog in the machine, and with the new strucure in place the managers position become much less influential and from here on out they should be even more replaceable.
People still hold on to this idea that you hire the "right" manager and you're set for a decade when in reality such cases are outliers. You hire and fire as many managers as you need, it's that simple.

West Ham fans want Moyes out. Imagine that, they're pretty much on our level and it's not considered good enough.

I always felt like we got away with it last season, a lot of things went our our way. The cracks were there in performances but we'd scrape results we didn't particularly deserve while our rivals for top 4 faltered.

The squad looks further behind City than ever and the likes of Arsenal, Liverpool, Newcastle and Chelsea all have more well rounded squads. That's ignoring the upcoming challenge from Brighton, Villa and Spurs. We're the weakest team physically the league.

Midfield is still a huge issue. Casemiro papered over the cracks for half a season which got us through but now looks finished like some of feared he quickly would be when signing him.
From August the season ahead was very predictable.

Status
Not open for further replies.