Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not all for him staying or getting sacked. I’m relying on the club to make the correct decision and will stand by their decision. And If he does stay then I think we should expect him to be a completely different manager because he’ll have INEOS telling him the way they want the team to play and that he’ll have to accept implementing that style or leave. So he may actually leave off his own back if he isn’t happy with some of the changes INEOS will make then he’ll probably walk anyway.
The infamous he'll probably walk posts are back. There is 0% chance he leaves on his own. He's been in full self preservation mode for weeks now as evidenced by the shite that he's coming up with in interviews. There is no realistic scenario in which he walks.

I''m honestly not comfortable with giving him another season and asking him to do everything differently, it's basically rewarding failure, something we've been doing for years with players and managers and something I was hoping INEOS were going to address by being more ruthless than previous regime. I think if we now extend our leniency to manager, we are bound to do same with players and this will hold us back immensely.

Meanwhile other big clubs are firing their managers for having just moderate success because they expect better, they are selling their players who aren't necessarily struggling because they see better options being available, while we continue to tell them it's OK to be bad.
100%. Even if he said from next season we'll adopt a new style and it will be completely different, its too little too late.

You have to set a culture of accountability where people at the club live and die by their decisions and performances. To have a manager be as bad as ten hag has been and then give him time to do the complete opposite of what he tried to do initially goes completely against setting that culture.

The boss is pissed

He needs have a word with his own bosses rather than questioning sources of these reporters because that was absolutely a United Brief likes of Stones, Ducker are basically United's mouthpieces to put information out there .

The boss is pissed

:lol: :lol:

It's quite hilarious that he's coming out and shooting down the notion of selling the squad, when his biggest defence in here has basically been this whole nonsensical idea that firing Ten Hag will mean letting 'this group of players (tm)' off the hook again and if we 'back the manager (tm)' we will get the clearout we need. Just too funny. He sets up his supporters like he sets up his starting eleven, doomed to fail.

Too bad for us he's already told us he will never be able to play that way here.

It's mostly that he played the Ajax way when he was there, rather than Ajax playing the Ten Hag way. There really aren't many good arguments as to why should we realistically expect him to lead us to glory in 2 years or whatever. It's just blind faith. "We'll do better and compete for 4th with some signings and some luck with injuries" should be a given for any manager at this club.

Yeah when he came out with that on the back of that Anfield annihilation it was the turning point. Just made me think well why have we employed you if unable to implement that style here

The unmistakable, undeniable, clear as day signs of a manager who is not in the loop with his new bosses.

He needs have a word with his own bosses rather than questioning sources of these reporters because that was absolutely a United Brief likes of Stones, Ducker are basically United's mouthpieces to put information out there .

Yeah that was a definite brief,suggests INEOS are keener on making wholesale squad changes than his

To all the people who think he stays one more year, how often does a coach go into the last year of his contract coaching for his job? You can be sure the press will be hounding him and there will be reports after every bad result about how he's lost the trust of the dressing room. We've seen what happened with Ralf when he didn't have certainty over his future, it's just human nature to not give your all for a guy who might not be there soon and has very little power over your future.

The boss is pissed

Where was this fire when his job wasn't hanging by a thread? Before then he was trying to be really nice and build relationships with the journalists and refs. Hope this is a lesson the new manager learns. You live and die by your results and these people are not your friends. Manipulate and use them to your benefit like all the greats did.

He seems to have started a one man war against the media, despite using 'we'
Probably better to channel those energy to someone else, with all bad decisions his team got.

Guns n roses did it in a more classy way.

Last edited:
The infamous he'll probably walk posts are back. There is 0% chance he leaves on his own. He's been in full self preservation mode for weeks now as evidenced by the shite that he's coming up with in interviews. There is no realistic scenario in which he walks.
Reports the other week were saying he could walk if he doesn’t agree with some of INEOS demands. It’s not impossible for a manager to walk away like a lot of people think. If Ajax offer him a return there who’s to say he won’t take it? He might relish the opportunity to take his former club back to the top since they’ve also failed after he’s left them.

Thinking purely with your head and ignoring what you want to happen, do you think this will be the final month of ETH as United manager?

Reports the other week were saying he could walk if he doesn’t agree with some of INEOS demands. It’s not impossible for a manager to walk away like a lot of people think. If Ajax offer him a return there who’s to say he won’t take it? He might relish the opportunity to take his former club back to the top since they’ve also failed after he’s left them.

Even if he's getting a 25% paycut he stands to earn £6.25m staying at United.

If he voluntarily breaks that contract to go to Ajax it'd take a 4-5 year contract to earn the same.

I know he's from money, but he's not going to walk away from £6m.

Thinking purely with your head and ignoring what you want to happen, do you think this will be the final month of ETH as United manager?
Yes and I think the decision is already made, the only question mark is over timing.

If we lose the FA Cup they'll announce it the next day. If we somehow win, they'll give it a few days to a week before announcing it to avoid a repeat of what happened with LVG.

He also got the team to concede 16 goals vs City in 5 games and win 1 in the last 7 games in all comps. Against Sheffield.
Indeed so we should sack him and hire someone who isn’t currently in a job to manage just a cup final makes sense. Just get the right manager in for next season as a club we shouldn’t let small short term mini success (an fa cup) interrupt the long term planning:rebuilding we just started. Our aims are multiple league titles and a UCL in the next 5 to 10 years.

INEOS need to be a little more careful with those briefs, if ETH wants to keep the players then they absolutely should not be telling anyone otherwise. It's his squad.

We also beat them in the league last year. We are nothing like the team we were last year now though, we've played them twice this season and were probably their easiest fixture of season in both games.

Yet we could still win. I see no reason to make any decision just because of a possible fa cup. We have bigger fish to fry and lots of work to do

INEOS need to be a little more careful with those briefs, if ETH wants to keep the players then they absolutely should not be telling anyone otherwise. It's his squad.
Not anymore its the clubs squad. The manager is just the head coach now

Yet we could still win. I see no reason to make any decision just because of a possible fa cup. We have bigger fish to fry and lots of work to do
I think we are going to lose the cup regardless, the decision was there to be made in December/January and we opted to persist with him which has cost us any chance of getting top 4 (which given Villa and Spurs results in the second half of season was well within reach). Now it's too late, we may as well give him the final which he got us into.

It's quite hilarious that he's coming out and shooting down the notion of selling the squad, when his biggest defence in here has basically been this whole nonsensical idea that firing Ten Hag will mean letting 'this group of players (tm)' off the hook again and if we 'back the manager (tm)' we will get the clearout we need. Just too funny. He sets up his supporters like he sets up his starting eleven, doomed to fail.

What has he said that's false? What team sells 'the main part of its squad'? No one. A lot of players will leave this summer but, as he said, we will still retain most of the squad.

So ETH doesn't actually want to "GiT rID!" or "SeLL em All" ?

Well well well....

Utter drivel. So sack the manager because you think it might cheer up the squad for the last few games? My word.

So keep him for the final because he'll definitely prepare the boys well for the game, motivate them, tactically outfox Guardiola and make the right subs at the right times...?

Not anymore its the clubs squad. The manager is just the head coach now
Exactly and the new structure will be the ones deciding which players we sign. Of course the manager will have a say aswell but if he wants another Antony for 90m then they’ll rightly say no and give him alternative targets who fit the same profile but cheaper

Please tell me which business allows an expenditure through the guidance of an employee who only has 12 months (one season) left on his contract in a summer windows? one which may be in excess of 100m?

Who has failed to reach targets and cost the club multiple millions.

Who has ushered out a top european talent that was purchased for almost 80m and refused to get the best out of him and is now looking every bit the player he should be at Dortmund.

Who decided to let a world class talented gk leave for free and use 50m of the budget to get his replacement who single handedly dunked us out of europe this season?

Who Purchased a winger for 80m who wouldnt start for Everton let alone united and insisted on his purchase.

Who purchased a midfielder who had a terrible season at his parent club and insisted in paying over the odds in securing him and has barely played a full game this season.

Should I go on?

He. Is. Gone

Glad he’s firing back at all the critics out there. Everyone seemingly wants to make headlines out of United and they cannot get away with it every single time. I’ll back him strongly until he’s no longer here

Status
Not open for further replies.