Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Credit where it's due, two decent performances in a row (minus parts of the second half against Wolves) and two good wins. He still on balance deserves the sack come May. That may change if he can keep up this momentum of course.

Villa game now is a good test. I want to see the last two wins being built on. A win against Villa to me makes a real statement of intent .

A good game. Better than the last. I'll never be convinced about Maguire but we did keep a clean sheet today.

He is very slowly starting to make better team selection decisions. Next step would be to stop bringing Antony off the bench

So posters aren’t allowed to hold views beyond 2 games?

Just curious why after 2 wins someone would post 'things are lining up for him to get dismissed at the end of the season'. What the feck is lining up exactly? Posting the same old shite we heard before about transfers etc. Yes its been said before but I'm just baffled someone would post the same crap after the last 2 results.

Just curious why after 2 wins someone would post he is getting dismissed at the end of the season. That has been said before numerous times but you to actually post that after we've won with zero evidence to back it up is baffling.
Firstly, I didn’t post it.

Secondly. If a poster was unsure of EtH 2 games ago it’s be pretty silly for them to change course completely now.

Next time United don’t win 2 games will you be changing your opinion on EtH entirely?

Saying EtH is gone after the season is not being upset we won.

Secondly. If a poster was unsure of EtH 2 games ago it’s be pretty silly for them to change course completely now.

Next time United don’t win 2 games will you be changing your opinion on EtH entirely?

You commented on it. The post says things are lining up for him to be sacked. So what the feck is lining up for him to be sacked after these results. Why would someone post that when it’s unrelated to the results.

You are allowed of course but if you are actually a fan, at this moment you are estatic and celebrating not talking about sacking the manager
I addressed this above. Specifically the bolded part.

Yeah God forbid anyone should celebrate a win. Let’s just stay in self pity and keep fecking moaning like some on here.
We used to lose 3 or 4 games in a season. You're now happy with two wins in a row. Enjoy your celebrating.

You commented on it. The post says things are lining up for him to be sacked. So what the feck is lining up for him to be sacked after these results. Why would someone post that when it’s unrelated to the results.
You’d have to ask them why they posted it after a win but next time we lose, cause all teams do, you’ll be in here talking him up [as is your right] so when someone comes back after you with ‘The state of this post after we lose’ does that mean you can’t post until we win again.

The intentional lack of nuance from you for that throwaway post is ridiculous. Guys basically saying if you look at the situation overall he thinks EtH will still leave at the end of the year. Relax.

Yeah God forbid anyone should celebrate a win. Let’s just stay in self pity and keep fecking moaning like some on here.
Who’s not celebrating the win?

Asking for a friend as you’re yet to quote anyone not ‘celebrating’ the win but those talking about overall performance outside of 2 games.

You’d have to ask them why they posted it after a win but next time we lose, cause all teams do, you’ll be in here talking him up [as is your right] so when someone comes back after you with ‘The state of this post after we lose’ does that mean you can’t post until we win again.

The intentional lack of nuance from you for that throwaway post is ridiculous. Guys basically saying if you look at the situation overall he thinks EtH will still leave at the end of the year. Relax.

No his comment was things are lining up for him to be dismissed. I’m curious how he came to that conclusion after this weeks results. If we had lost I would understand but to say things are lining up is what I’m querying.

The intentional lack of nuance from you for that throwaway post is ridiculous
Weren't you the same guy who was saying that ETH threw Sancho under the bus from that throwaway and pretty innocuous comment in a press conference? Talking about lack of nuance. :lol:

Weren't you the same guy who was saying that ETH threw Sancho under the bus from that throwaway and pretty innocuous comment in a press conference? Talking about lack of nuance. :lol:
Feel free to quote a post where I specifically state ‘EtH threw Sancho under the bus’ [I’ll save you time, you can’t cause I didn’t] I can however find you multiple where I said better leadership from above would have nipped the whole thing in the bud otherwise back on topic.

I’m amazed how many posters hold grudges to the point they don’t just follow people around into different threads but flat out lie.

Talking about a lack of nuance, indeed now go wind your neck in.

How I would love for us to go and beat vill, go on a run, get into the champions league, ETH turn us into some win at all costs team, go on to win the league under him and have good champions league runs/ wins all while Liverpool see klopp go and disappear again.

what a dream

Another win and another meltdown. God forbid we win FA cup or get into the top four.

Go be a fake fan somewhere else; I‘m tired of you miserable feckers.

I guess you guys have no clue really. The away team was able to produce 20+ shots!
And score how many goals? Stats prove nothing. A team could have 10 shots out of the area, doesn’t mean they created them chances

Another win and another meltdown. God forbid we win FA cup or get into the top four.

Go be a fake fan somewhere else; I‘m tired of you miserable feckers.
I've seen more posts like this one complaining about "moaners" than I have actually complaining about the performance (which was itself good throughout the full 90)

You are allowed of course but if you are actually a fan, at this moment you are estatic and celebrating not talking about sacking the manager

Nobody should be ecstatic about winning two games, however decent today's performance might have been.

Didnt you give one of those sarcastic posts before like "oh dont worry guys we're crap because Licha and Casemiro is injured and we'll be a lot better when they return"? I remember a few of those floating around as though it wasn't an actual point, when it so clearly is.

I don’t think us playing better is purely because they are back, and I hope it isn’t. If our tactics are entirely reliant on all players being available it doesn’t bode well.

But overall I think we are just simply much better with two actual midfielders that can contribute in defense, as well as having two out and out wingers with pace.

It’s also literally the first time in an almost a year that we’ve played well twice in a row. I wouldn’t be going too far with excitement. Let’s see how long we can keep it up. I’m happy with those two games and results, I find them encouraging but they haven’t exactly filled me with a massive amount of excitement, it’s too early.

I don’t think us playing better is purely because they are back, and I hope it isn’t. If our tactics are entirely reliant on all players being available it doesn’t bode well.

But overall I think we are just simply much better with two actual midfielders that can contribute in defense, as well as having two out and out wingers with pace.
I think them being back together is massive. Licha Shaw casemiro and Mainoo all playing together gives Bruno the freedom to go back in his best position as a 10 and also impacts the players in front of him. Casemiro and licha are also far better off the ball than their back up players, which is why we look more organized than before.

I disagree that their absence being the issue is worrying, that's a huge quartet to miss which would affect most top clubs who are 4/5 years in the process let alone us.

Status
Not open for further replies.