Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think them being back together is massive. Licha Shaw casemiro and Mainoo all playing together gives Bruno the freedom to go back in his best position as a 10 and also impacts the players in front of him. Casemiro and licha are also far better off the ball than their back up players, which is why we look more organized than before.

I disagree that their absence being the issue is worrying, that's a huge quartet to miss which would affect most top clubs who are 4/5 years in the process let alone us.
Casemiro is 32 in 3 weeks and won’t keep it up for too long, Martinez seems quite injury prone, which is why I hope we are not going to be too reliant on having both of them all the time.

Feel free to quote a post where I specifically state ‘EtH threw Sancho under the bus’ [I’ll save you time, you can’t cause I didn’t] I can however find you multiple where I said better leadership from above would have nipped the whole thing in the bud otherwise back on topic.

I’m amazed how many posters hold grudges to the point they don’t just follow people around into different threads but flat out lie.

Talking about a lack of nuance, indeed now go wind your neck in.
I just go by the mantra that if you call someone out, at work, in a team etc. then your own house has to be in order. I like EtH [which makes the accusation I’m bashing him ridiculous] but he’s not batting a hundred currently himself.
It’s difficult to send a message about training performance when there are multiple members of this squad who down tools in games yet get picked again the next week. Sancho, is hardly the epitome of the player power status quo at Manchester United.

Personally I’ve worked in enough teams to know that not every team member performs to 100% every day. Sancho worded it terribly, for this forum anyway, but his main issue was feeling singled out. He obviously feels his performances in training weren’t that far below others.

People are getting riled about him not apologising but we don’t really know exactly what he’s being asked to apologise for. I’m good either way, sell the whole squad for all I care at this point but EtH chose to replace the carrot with the stick & here we are.
So yea. Manager calls out employee about conduct in public, employee responds in public, manager/company demand public apology, employee says no.
"Calling someone out", "singled out", it's all semantics my guy. You feel Sancho is justified for his reaction for ETH's innocuous comment. Talk about missing the nuance of ETH's comment and think that he called Sancho out. ETH also said in the interview that it wasn't discipline related just that others trained better and that he had other options to select for that position. We don't care about that though, just that ETH "called out" Sancho right?

Anyways back to the topic, you feel it's alright to continue hoping your manager gets sacked on the same day he gets a comfortable 3-0 win. You'd hope people would enjoy the win and stop the moaning about sacking at least for a day but nope. Incessant and unnecessary moaning. Nice support we have here.

"Calling someone out", "singled out", it's all semantics my guy. You feel Sancho is justified for his reaction for ETH's innocuous comment. Talk about missing the nuance of ETH's comment and think that he called Sancho out. ETH also said in the interview that it wasn't discipline related just that others trained better and that he had other options to select for that position. We don't care about that though, just that ETH "called out" Sancho right?
You were asked to provide posts that stated what you claimed. You haven’t. Instead you’ve supplied 3 posts that don’t do what you claim then added some random paragraph.

So yes back to the topic at hand.
Anyways back to the topic, you feel it's alright to continue hoping your manager gets sacked on the same day he gets a comfortable 3-0 win. You'd hope people would enjoy the win and stop the moaning about sacking at least for a day but nope. Incessant and unnecessary moaning. Nice support we have here.
Erm, no. I was talking to the poster who was saying people can’t question the guy because we’ve won ‘2 games’.

The above is exactly why you can’t be taken seriously. You’ve gone from the Sancho thread to this thread making things up.

I haven’t actually commented on people ‘hoping your manager gets sacked on the same day he gets a comfortable 3-0 win.’ because had I, I would say hoping for a manager to get the sack on the back of a 3-0 is as silly as bring up comments made in the Sancho vs EtH months after the fact & wilfully misconstruing them.

Very ropey first half but a much better second. I still don't see this team going on a real run unless we can start controlling games more regularly but a positive week in the hunt for European football next season.
Agreed. I'm still wary.

Like that we're in good winning form though so there's that.

But we don't look like a top class team.

Casemiro is 32 in 3 weeks and won’t keep it up for too long, Martinez seems quite injury prone, which is why I hope we are not going to be too reliant on having both of them all the time.
Martinez had a different injury today which could have happened to anyone. I agree re.Casemiro but think he has another 18 months in him.

Point being, these two plus kobbie plus Shaw are frankly massive for us. And ten hag has had often dealt with none or just one of those available whilst having a lottery if CB issues (that's excluding the LB crisis).

I think that affects how the team can play, how it affects their game momentum and morale.

You were asked to provide posts that stated what you claimed. You haven’t. Instead you’ve supplied 3 posts that don’t do what you claim then added some random paragraph.

So yes back to the topic at hand.

Erm, no. I was talking to the poster who was saying people can’t question the guy because we’ve won ‘2 games’.

The above is exactly why you can’t be taken seriously. You’ve gone from the Sancho thread to this thread making things up.

I haven’t actually commented on people ‘hoping your manager gets sacked on the same day he gets a comfortable 3-0 win.’ because had I, I would say hoping for a manager to get the sack on the back of a 3-0 is as silly as bring up comments made in the Sancho vs EtH months after the fact & wilfully misconstruing them.
Again it's just semantics(calling out, singled out, threw under the bus) but yea keep ignoring the point. You can stop questioning the guy for a day because we've won 2 games though, which is what the other poster was trying to get at.

The abandoning of the single pivot has been a big step in the right direction from him over the last two games, although not sure where it will leave Mount.

The abandoning of the single pivot has been a big step in the right direction from him over the last two games, although not sure where it will leave Mount.
Agree with this. A one-man midfield in the PL is, in essence, a zero-man midfield.

He was decent overall but still made two mistakes which let them in. He was let off by a wayward shot and excellent an recovery by Dalot.

I don't know what you were watching to call that rock solid.

I think it has mainly to do with how much the poster likes or dislikes a player. For example, Onana makes a mistake but he is saved by his defender (like Martinez did when Onana missed the ball against Wolves). Despite not conceding in that situation, Onana is shite and had a bad game. Maguire makes two mistakes and is saved by bad finishing and Dalot but somehow he still has a solid game.

Objectively both games werent exactly rock solid but the players got lucky.

I think it has mainly to do with how much the poster likes or dislikes a player. For example, Onana makes a mistake but he is saved by his defender (like Martinez did when Onana missed the ball against Wolves). Despite not conceding in that situation, Onana is shite and had a bad game. Maguire makes two mistakes and is saved by bad finishing and Dalot but somehow he still has a solid game.

Objectively both games werent exactly rock solid but the players got lucky.

Yeah I suppose, we're all easier on some players than others. I think there's also a bit of a backlash against criticism if a player's been given a hard time which Harry has to be fair. I don't particularly like or dislike him. I don't think he's suited to our approach even when he has a good game and he's always got a mistake in him. I'll be worried about our ability to put a run of performances together and finishing the season strongly if Martinez is out for more than a few weeks.

"Fraud", "worse than moyes", "worst manager we ever had" etc
“Well done”

What the feck is with all the point scoring today. In here and the player threads.
Told you told you told you. It’s like being in primary school.
We also had these videos at the start of his first season here too.

“Well done”

What the feck is with all the point scoring today. In here and the player threads.
Told you told you told you. It’s like being in primary school.
We also had these videos at the start of his first season here too.
So everyone’s aloud to slate him when we’re losing with an halve injured squad but he can’t get the praise when we’re winning and playing better just like he said we would when we get some players back.

So everyone’s aloud to slate him when we’re losing with an halve injured squad but he can’t get the praise when we’re winning and playing better just like he said we would when we get some players back.
Didn’t say that did I. Of course he can be praised.

people are ‘allowed’ to have any opinion they want. This constant quoting all evening from posts just to dig and look clever is pathetic though.

Didn’t say that did I. Of course he can be praised.

people are ‘allowed’ to have any opinion they want. This constant quoting all evening from posts just to dig and look clever is pathetic though.
That’s not what I was trying to do in all fairness. I was just saying that’s the style of play ETH wants consistently. It’s not what we’ve been seeing though but with everyone fit we look much better.

Again it's just semantics(calling out, singled out, threw under the bus) but yea keep ignoring the point.
You made a statement. When asked to validate it you’ve given 3 random examples & said ‘what you really meant was. . .’.

That is not semantics. It’s you making a claim you can’t substantiate.

The above is all moot anyway. You’ve had months to bring any issue up in the relevant thread. Instead you’ve harboured some weird cyber grudge & unleashed it in the most misguided way possible.

Your grasp of semantics is as bad as your grasp of nuance, so before entrenching yourself further how about returning to the topic at hand.
You can stop questioning the guy for a day because we've won 2 games though, which is what the other poster was trying to get at.
Again. Comprehension matters.

I haven’t questioned EtH. I was questioning the poster. Feel free to find another irrelevant post & claim ‘semantics’ though.

Can’t say I’ve seen your name before &/or you’ve posted anything of relevance to remember, good to know I’ve sent you round the bend though.

Agreed. Mainoo and Casemiro is by far our strongest midfield 2. I’d be tempted to give Mount a try at LW and rotate with Rashford. Since Garnacho has been moved to the right we now only have 1 player for the left which is Rashford.

He absolutely was not rock solid. The decent chances they had were due to him making errors in defence.

Yup, can't wait to see the back of him.

I respect him for coming through the adversity and being somewhat competent when he's played this season. But yeah, he has to go.

Yup. Here's the pass map again today, showing similar to the wolves game. It's clear tactical adjustments and it's led to a huge improvement in open play control. Set piece defending still sucks but having 2 players deep with just Bruno pushed has been what I was crying out for for ages, given we were a disaster with just 1 deep. This actually gives the required number of players to close down the midfield and make it tougher to play through.

That’s not what I was trying to do in all fairness. I was just saying that’s the style of play ETH wants consistently. It’s not what we’ve been seeing though but with everyone fit we look much better.
We have looked better and Atleast scoring goals, long may it continue.

and I didn’t mean to imply that’s what you were doing, I’ve seen it from other posters and it was my reply of that you replied to that’s all.

We have played well for around 90 minutes over the last two games and needed a last minute winner to win the last one, its laughable to be gloating at this stage

You made a statement. When asked to validate it you’ve given 3 random examples & said ‘what you really meant was. . .’.

That is not semantics. It’s you making a claim you can’t substantiate.

The above is all moot anyway. You’ve had months to bring any issue up in the relevant thread. Instead you’ve harboured some weird cyber grudge & unleashed it in the most misguided way possible.

Your grasp of semantics is as bad as your grasp of nuance, so before entrenching yourself further how about returning to the topic at hand.

Again. Comprehension matters.

I haven’t questioned EtH. I was questioning the poster. Feel free to find another irrelevant post & claim ‘semantics’ though.

Can’t say I’ve seen your name before &/or you’ve posted anything of relevance to remember, good to know I’ve sent you round the bend though.
:lol: Good job on again ignoring the point though. I have no grudge against you. I don't even care about you enough to hold a grudge. Just found it funny that you talk about "nuance in a throwaway comment". Oh also you probably need comprehension more than me, to understand why I brought up that questioning part. I don't think you'll understand though.

Anyways feel free to claim some victory over sending me round the bend if that helps you sleep better. :lol:

Just a few posters who can't help themselves from moaning. Can't stop themselves from talking about ETH being sacked even for a day. Don't discuss anything about the performance from the team but discuss how he's going to be sacked in the summer. Because that's what people do on a day their team wins 3-0 apparently.

We have played well for around 90 minutes over the last two games and needed a last minute winner to win the last one, its laughable to be gloating at this stage
Today I thought we was pretty comfortable for the full 90. Against wolves we should have been about 3 up first half. But we needed to score a last minute winner due to stupidity, they scored of a counter from our corner when we should have played it short as we was winning. And I think they got told that because if you noticed in today’s game we played a lot of short corners.

Just a few posters who can't help themselves from moaning. Can't stop themselves from talking about ETH being sacked even for a day. Don't discuss anything about the performance from the team but discuss how he's going to be sacked in the summer. Because that's what people do on a day their team wins 3-0 apparently.
Embarrassing really. I bet they are the same people that was also writing Hojlund of so early into his career with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.