Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
He never rotated which probably led to the Martinez and Shaw injuries.

I think one of the problems with Shaw is he needs to keep playing and have momentum; if Shaw misses a game or two he seems to fall off a bit. Which is frustrating because his body needs some rotation.

I've resigned myself to thinking that the shit show we've been served so far this season in ALL competitions is terminal and yet when I look at the PL table we are only 6 points behind 2nd place Arsenal.

My depression over United has become like a warm, fleecy blanket that I cover myself with and I'm worried I've been deluded and we're not as bad as I thought we were.

But yet people in here will tell you the season is over already, it's a lost cause, sack ETH, play the kids etc etc..

6 points off second after 12 games... teams have been that up with a few games left and lost the league. At this stage of the season that's not a huge margin at all.

I've resigned myself to thinking that the shit show we've been served so far this season in ALL competitions is terminal and yet when I look at the PL table we are only 6 points behind 2nd place Arsenal.

My depression over United has become like a warm, fleecy blanket that I cover myself with and I'm worried I've been deluded and we're not as bad as I thought we were.
If someone's in difficult place, doesn't mean they're bad, I guess. Still a long way, but United were far in darker places that this one.

and united had 2, maybe 3 starters starting wheras they had maybe 5 or 6

The only players in their lineup who'd been regular starters this season were Gordon, Joelington, and Longstaff. You could add Willock but he hasn't been a starter this season.

United had Casemiro, Onana, and Mount.

But again: many of their other players weren't just "not starters." They are players who had barely kicked a ball all season. It was a clearly worse situation, c'mon.

We've have an easy run. 5 losses in 12 is not sustainable though. How we come out of the December fixtures will go a long way of telling where we actually are.

This weekend is a timely reminder that a couple of injuries can derail any club. Newcastle lose again after picking up a couple of injuries, Spurs as well, city lost both games that Rodri was suspended for. Ten Hag has actually done incredible well to be only a few points off top 4 after the mountain of injuries we suffered, and that before we even mention the amount of terrible VAR calls that have went against us.

Not really ETH's fault we didn't score 4 or 5 tonight. Pretty woeful finishing, again.

Somehow being above newcastle with like a 17 swing on goal difference is something else though.

The only players in their lineup who'd been regular starters this season were Gordon, Joelington, and Longstaff. You could add Willock but he hasn't been a starter this season.

United had Casemiro, Onana, and Mount.

But again: many of their other players weren't just "not starters." They are players who had barely kicked a ball all season. It was a clearly worse situation, c'mon.

so youre counting mount even though he 'isnt a starter', but not willock. this is a wilful double standard. and even so, that was one game, after a brutal loss for united and hard to draw conclusions from a standalone game anyway. united have had a defensive injury crisis all season and are ahead of newcastle in the table. they are now getting some injuries and also struggling. as will any team especially if missing their entire back 4 and even the sub left back for most of the season so far. this isn't controversial or really up for discussion.

Aye, Man Utd fans being happy about Man Utd winning games of football. Very suspect behaviour around here.

Fergie once lost the plot with his Aberdeen players straight after a cup final win as they didn't perform to the standards he'd set.

We're one of the biggest and most decorated clubs of all time. No, neither us fans nor anybody involved with the club should be happy with staggering over the line against clubs like Luton Town.

Fergie once lost the plot with his Aberdeen players straight after a cup final win as they didn't perform to the standards he'd set.

We're one of the biggest and most decorated clubs of all time. No, neither us fans nor anybody involved with the club should be happy with staggering over the line against clubs like Luton Town.
He admitted he was wrong about that and wished he never did it

But we did not stagger over the line, did we? Onana had one decent save to make, we missed so many chances again. We were in full control and they should be happy they got away with just 1 goal.

I don’t want to be negative I’m tired of moaning about this club but he needs to get his players back and a get a real run of games going we can’t keep limping along all season

I don’t want to be negative I’m tired of moaning about this club but he needs to get his players back and a get a real run of games going we can’t keep limping along all season
Maybe you're the one beingnegative by moaning all the time!

Taken more points from his first 50 league games than klopp and Arteta. Spurs and Newcastle both lost today with only a few injuries. We’re grinding out wins with most of the squad injured.

Shaw is injury prone. I wont blame any manager for that. We are 2-3 months into the season, so it should not be an issue

But yet people in here will tell you the season is over already, it's a lost cause, sack ETH, play the kids etc etc..

6 points off second after 12 games... teams have been that up with a few games left and lost the league. At this stage of the season that's not a huge margin at all.

No one said the season is over. It's November. The league is salvageable but not under Ten Hag.

I'm talking to him, not you.

And I'm explaining his post to you, because you clearly missed the joke.

Also, he responded to me responding to you. Almost like this is a forum and not a private conversation.

And I'm explaining his post to you, because you clearly missed the joke.

Also, he responded to me responding to you. Almost like this is a forum and not a private conversation.

He has a keyboard. He can write for himself. Now stay away.

so youre counting mount even though he 'isnt a starter', but not willock. this is a wilful double standard.

I'm not counting Willock because he has not been a starter this season due to injury. if you want to count him then you'd have to count Antony (who I also didn't account) since he has started half of all PL games this season and would have started more if it weren't for his personal problem, and started more than half of all PL games last season.

and even so, that was one game, after a brutal loss for united and hard to draw conclusions from a standalone game anyway. united have had a defensive injury crisis all season and are ahead of newcastle in the table.

Conclusions aren't being drawn from a standalone game. They are being drawn from the entirety of a season in which United have not had a single comprehensive victory in the PL or CL.

Newcastle have been inconsistent but they've beaten United, Arsenal, Villa, PSG, they've won multiple games by +4 goals.

That is what you might expect from a team that is being affected by issues like injuries but is otherwise well-coached and functional: inconsistency.

Last edited:
How dare he try and field his best eleven whenever possible. Our injury situation has been horrendous, going back to even SAF's later years. No matter the manager we always face a ridiculous amount compared to other big clubs.
During Fergie era, every injury crisis was CB only crisis. But we now have the injury list with every position. Unbelievable!

No one said the season is over. It's November. The league is salvageable but not under Ten Hag.

Really? I've seen it posted plenty of times.

Here's a few.

It is pretty safe to say that this season is over. I urge everyone not to feel emotion when United plays. It has come to a time that every game that we play, I have zero confidence that we will win. I predict that Fulham will beat us but will not be surprised if we lose 2 or 3-0. I am in Asia, I shall not lose my sleep for United. Maybe Fergie can be the caretaker manager for 2 months and motivate the team to be at least decent.
We need to see tangible performances. Results mean nothing at this point. The season is over.
Season is over from a competitive point of view. I’d be surprised if we achieve any more than europa conference via the league. The injuries narrative is a red herring and we will continue to struggle when we have a full squad imho. Also, injuries are part and parcel. When shaw returns theres no guarantee other players wont be injured instead. Other top teams dont fall to pieces and be unable to muster any level of acceptable performance because of 2 or 3 injuries sorry.

Champions league is done as is league cup.

If the money is on the table in January well worth taking for a declining player over 30 with a poor injury record on high wages. Him staying doesn't help us achieve anything

A few more:

This season is over, you know we're in for it when you can't see the bottom. How low will this club stoop, there's no end in sight. The team have maintained the same intensity that they had in pre season. It's due to be a complete disaster if Erik is here for full season. It doesn't even necessarily mean he's entirely a bad manager but that he's lost his grip and gravity is taking care of the rest.

At least the season will be over within the next few weeks.

Can’t believe the season is over in November for us:

You are embarrassing yourself with this.

I said it multiple times. I'm not getting dragged into personal arguments.

You think a joke at your expense is someone making an excuse referencing Fergie.

There's only one person embarrassing themselves here, and it isn't me.

It will be over indeed if Ten Hag ends up staying for the rest of the season, which is probably what these guys meant. A I said it's salvageable but not under Ten Hag.

You said no one said it was over. Plenty have.

12 games in 6pts off 2nd. 2 more points than the same stage last season and another crucial win today. Good position to push on again for top 4 once all the injured players are back. That salvageable enough for you?

You said no one said it was over. Plenty have.

12 games in 6pts off 2nd. 2 more points than the same stage last season and another crucial win today. Good position to push on again for top 4 once all the injured players are back.

I do admit I missed these posts but I made my point about this clear.

We are actually 2 points less than last season and few here already corrected this.

Today is literally the first day I looked at the table since the season started due to how much people talked about us being 6 points off 2nd after our great win tonight. Ignoring the fact that Liverpool, Villa and Man City are yet to play and they are all ahead of us, it's mid November. My issue hasn't been with the league table or points tally so far and I have never talked about them since it's way too early to talk about how the table will look like and whether we will finish top 4 or even top 10. The issue is we are playing like shit and these glorious wins we have been getting against relegation fodders are unsustainable. We aren't improving. We are only winning because we are facing teams far worse than us, that's it.

We just hit a piss easy run and do agree we managed to get good points out of it but now it's over and with the current form we will be thrashed again soon.

The future is more important than defeating Luton at home.

Embarrassing winning 1-0 against Luton scoring through a defender... feels like a defeat.. no United fan is happy after watching that..

There's no plan or vision just Ten Hag in survival/desperation mode grinding out wins relying on Moments F.C (wasn't Ole criticised for that?! but he's one of the highest paid managers in World football and was hired to play Ajax football.

The football is dreadful and the worst I've ever seen played by United even last season United never played good football.. Thankfully our December run should end this torture.

Ten Hag is a dead man walking. His sacking is coming he knows it, the players know it and so do the fans. He's just choosing to go out fighting which makes it harder.

The situation is not tenable. Ten Hag just very lucky the players have bailed him out as the performances have been worse than the results. We don't deserve that many points. That luck will run out after the international break... Everton away, Turkey away and Newcastle away all intimidating atmospheres.. likely of losing all 3 games in a row is high.. that's the week Ten Hag gets the sack in my opinion. Sir Jim will be in place by then and will want his "own man" like any owner coming into a new club wants.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.