Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
But you could argue that many clubs would have sacked Arteta a couple of seasons ago when their own fans wanted him gone after finishing 8th twice and 5th. They stuck with him and are a much better team for it. Plus we’ve gone through the stage of sacking managers very quickly. About time we showed a little faith and see where we are next year which will be his 3rd season.

You're making the Arteta argument with the wrong person really, because I was one of the few that could see what he was doing and thought it would lead to good things. I even said this on here at that time. But I struggle to see with ETH and its not like he's bringing through youngsters like Arteta or even has a visible style of play. If I could see that, then I honestly wouldn't care where we finished are of we dropped points as I'd see something potentially fruitful at the end of it.

Did absolutely nothing once we went down to 10. Just sat there and watched us lose all control and become completely overrun.

He’s had some bad luck, but that is awful management. It was obvious within minutes of the red card that we needed another body in midfield. He just doesn’t react quickly enough and waits until it’s too late.
This isn’t FIFA. Teams tend to lose control after going a man down especially those having a miserable season and being wronged on the night. Not to mention we have historically been poor down a man even under SAF. Lots to criticise ETH for but the people who do so for that first half show themselves up as having a desperation to do so for any made up reason.

But you could argue that many clubs would have sacked Arteta a couple of seasons ago when their own fans wanted him gone after finishing 8th twice and 5th. They stuck with him and are a much better team for it. Plus we’ve gone through the stage of sacking managers very quickly. About time we showed a little faith and see where we are next year which will be his 3rd season.

I swear some here are making Arteta look like he won the treble or something. He was slaughtered last few years here 24/7 and anyone who dared to praise him was slaughtered alongside him (I knew because I did several times), but now he's the icon for giving the manager a lot of time when he hasn't really won anything yet and had literally only one good season. Ridiculous.

Genuinely been unlucky today and I've been one of the harder critics this year, not exactly world class opposition but some decisions have been unfavorable.

He can’t sit back and say nothing after this. All season long this has been going on.
I'm not sure we've been that hard done by officials on the whole this season regardless but it wouldn't work with him anyway. Like Arteta he's a dweeby nerd type, no one is going to take him seriously if he comes out strongly in the same way that nobody apart from Arsenal fans take Arteta's comments seriously. He's meant to be a technical coach rather than a charismatic, domineering figure so he needs to take encouragement from the fact that the team actually looked a bit better in the first half hour which was good and try on build on that as well as trying to continue to develop greater cohesion to ensure that we don't collapse when one thing goes against us.

Rashford’s ability to let down every single manager time after time really is spectacular.

Did he let down the manager last season when he was the clubs highest scorer and carrying the attack on his back ?

The comparisons with other managers is irrelevant because those managers didn't come good simply from being given time. They were working to build something, and with enough time they were able to build it to a point where they started seeing their work come to fruition. It happened with Klopp, Pep, Arteta.

I'm struggling to see what Ten Hag is building. We don't look any better off in any department since Solskjaer was sacked. I'd advocate giving him time if there were signs we were heading in the right direction. But there's literally nothing. We could rewind time 2 years and we'd be no worse off and no further behind winning the league than we currently are. We still look like the entire team needs replacing. He's even admitted he can't play like Ajax because we lack the players, despite him spending over four hundred million quid.

Blindly giving someone more time for no reason other than hoping something will magically change is foolish and a poor way to run a business

Armchair manager. Might as well do a Nigel Pearson and go talk to the crowd

Did he let down the manager last season when he was the clubs highest scorer and carrying the attack on his back ?
No but he’s absolutely let him down this season.

I’ve been very critical of him as many will have noticed by now but anyone blaming him today and holding tonight’s game against him needs to take a break and gain some distance I think.

I swear some here are making Arteta look like he won the treble or something. He was slaughtered last few years here 24/7 and anyone who dared to praise him was slaughtered alongside him (I knew because I did several times), but now he's the icon for giving the manager a lot of time when he hasn't really won anything yet and had literally only one good season. Ridiculous.
The point Is though by having faith you sometimes come out better for it.

The point Is though by having faith you sometimes come out better for it.

Having faith based on something, not blind faith. The problem with many of you is you're asking people to give him time without giving any proper reason why so.

Having faith based on something, not blind faith. The problem with many of you is you're asking people to give him time without giving any proper reason why so.
People are goin on about style of play. That’s what’s come out of it. And now they’re in the mix for challenging.

For what, two months? That's enough is it after the year he had previously.

30 goals in 56 apps is longer than two months, the year he had previously was nourishing injury again he's been the most productive attacker at United since SAF retired is that opinion or factual ? The stats have a clear suggestion. The narrative of him being a problem and other players supposedly not needs to stop.

Some guy called Vavro may have just saved his job
You can't put tonight on him surely? We were actually dominating, we've actually looked good even down to 10 men we've done well all things considered

Conceding four goals to this team is truly embarrassing regardless of the player sent off.

Shit performance from him. Winnable game at half time, if we managed it well and used our subs. How can you play with10 and use your second sub after conceding at the 82nd?

They were obvious as well - Hannibal and Mount for McTominay and Garnacho. Keep the energy high. Then Lindelof and Martial for Dalot and Hojlund to protect the back post and keep an outlet upfront.

I thought the players actually executed well today.

Ten Hag should resign purely down to his players being idiots. Can't coach this lo.

This team literally can't endure going a goal down before collapsing completely. Any bad event in the game is enough to make us throw the entire game out of the window.

He’s just in a downward spiral and we know what’s going to happen.

Embarassing we won't even make it out of this group. He keeps playing the same players that let him down and then wanders why we're so fecking shit. Times up.

Status
Not open for further replies.