Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the billionth time, how much they cost is on the board.
No. It is not. As with Mount, the only reason they continued to go back even after Ajax rejected everything was because of Ten Hag. He is directly responsible for the club overpaying for both Antony and Mount.

No manager could fix this fecking mess. The players he tried on last season have proven to be either injury prone, or potential flashes in the pan (Rashford’s goal haul last year).

Whilst we have to rely on the likes of Rashford (LVG), Bruno, (Ole), McT (Jose), Dalot (Jose) and Maguire (Ole) then we’re never making progress.

ETH needs to be brave enough to take some of these players out because they’ll ultimately cost him his job.

These players are like the only reason he's still in the job for now.

I don't need him to fix a mess. I just needed him to play some entertaining football and make us a team with a clear style or identity on the pitch. No matter how many people excuse him for this, he has had far more than enough time to achieve this and failed miserably.

For this alone it is a waste of time keeping him in job. This is a doomed project.

I thought we were contextualising things? :lol:
Oh we did. I'm just not going to repeat myself. Whens all said and done his win % as Manchester United manager stands at a respectable level. So what's your point? Apart from being all emotional because he's had a downturn of late and moaning to want him out.

:lol:

Guy reaches two finals, wins one and gets to 3rd place 8 points clear of top 4 in a season where we weren't expected to do jack shit. And you want me to spell out why he earned good will.

Nah you're alright kid.
There’s a massive list of managers that have made finals and done absolutely nothing after that.

If what Ole said is true, and we're only allowed 3 1st teamers a season, he's got his hand tied a bit, as there were more than 3 areas that needed adressing. Though if he's getting his 1st choice transfers in, can't knock off the fact that Antony has been a costly mistake and Mount is looking like one too.

When asked about the 5 losses in 10 he apparently said that it was the same last year, we need to forget about these matches and recover for the next one.

I've been backing him until the end of the season but I'm not sure we can carry on like this. We've had two really easy fixtures just gone and we struggled with them.

Unless Newcastle send their reserve side I suspected they will beat us in the week as well.

I worry that at Ajax ETH had a club blueprint on how to play football, an ethos that went from youth teams to the seniors, and he didn’t have to create one. He just had to build on it. He now seems to be completely floundering without such a foundation at Manchester United.

What did Ten Hag do pre-Ajax?

No. It is not. As with Mount, the only reason they continued to go back even after Ajax rejected everything was because of Ten Hag. He is directly responsible for the club overpaying for both Antony and Mount.

But he shouldn't be. That shouldn't be his job. Klopp wanted to sign Draxler instead of Salah, but was overruled by their directors.

There’s a massive list of managers that have made finals and done absolutely nothing after that.
The only United manager post Fergie to get a cup and top 4 in debut year and the best manager for United in his first 50 games statistically.

But sure, whatever mate.

It's a mystery how his Ajax team scored 100+ goals in the league over multiple seasons, scoring brilliant attacking moves. Before you say it's just the Eredivisie, he did in Europe as well and look at Ajax now bottom of Eredivisie, so it's not as easy to do that as he made it appear. The football this season at United is just unforgivable crap. The buck stops with him, the players ultimately must not be playing for him.

That Ajax team had De Jong, De Ligt, Onana, Ziyech, Mazraoui, Schone, Veltman... In the meantime they also lost Lissandro, Gravenberch, Neres, Tagliafico and Haller. They had a terrible terrible summer. Its just not comparable.

Well if he has no comment to make maybe he should shut the feck up? Should grow some balls and call this sob and their corruption out.

Still waiting for the ”early days” squad to admit they were fools.
No chance they’ll just move onto the next thread where they call out posters for being moaners about obvious things.

Notice in the Antony thread it’s the same. The people that were saying he brings balance and we don’t understand his role are nowhere to be found and probably in the Amrabat thread saying it’s early days also.

Dead man walking. And I'm really sad about this one, I thought we found the right guy I really did.

He needs to be much more decisive and ruthless now to save his job…..

that starts with benching Bruno and Rashford

we need to get some urgency and desire into the team

Garnacho, Hannibal for starters

and certainly do NOT play Lindelof as LB

Same old same old with ETH - he is very Mourinho-esq with his stubbornness

Comparison to 10 games in the seasons Jose and Ole were sacked.

BossPlWDLGDPts
Jose1052317-1717p
Ole1052319-1517p
Erik1050511-1615p

Only 11 goals scored. Last June, everyone knew that we have a problem scoring goals and ETH spent 70m on Hojlund and 55m on Mount. Doesn't make sense.

I think it was Brandt, but your point still stands!

Actually it was both, in addition to Pulisic!

According to The Times’ Paul Joyce, Salah was only Klopp’s fourth-choice target with Christian Pulisic, Julian Draxler and Julian Brandt all wanted ahead of him.

The only United manager post Fergie to get a cup and top 4 in debut year and the best manager for United in his first 50 games statistically.

But sure, whatever mate.
Okay great, how does that help us now? We’re shit, poorly coached, can’t string passes together, can’t create chances, look defensively patchy but we got to a cup final last season so it’s all rosey?

He’s lost the players, he's run out of ideas and he’s out of his depth. He has no idea how to turn this round other than spend another £400m on shite players that will ultimately end up on the bench. You’ll see it eventually, there’s no reason to defend a man you don’t know and has done nothing for you.

I do like ETH. He did well above expectation last season and is doing below expectation right now. This squad fully fit is good enough to compete for CL spots. Currently with a broken squad and Rashford in terrible form it likely is a Europa League squad.

However a big red flag for me is starting McT. McT had his 2 goal stoppage time heroics and has started every game since i believe. McT clearly isnt good enough and is showing that every match. He was supposed to be sold last summer but now he starts some of the most important matches. Incidents like two stoppage time goals shouldnt change any plans because it is not something that you can expect to happen again.

Media going hard on ETH, pretty sickening. No shame in losing to a quality city team that beats everyone. Plus with all the injuries he's dealing with.

Pricks, put the knives down.
Calls us pricks yet makes excuses for losing to rivals.

Brighton beat us with their second string, and had injuries. Sheffield United are also injury blighted and have us a close game. Aston Villa are way ahead of us and have a lot of injuries too. This is not an excuse!

We know how this ends. He's not helping himself continuously playing underperforming players. If he doesn't drop big players and try something new, he'll be gone before Christmas.
“Underperforming”?! Seriously? The team is not trained and played in a way working correctly. It’s apparent that ETH needs to take the blame here. Don’t always use the players as scapegoat. If you watched the game, you should see them already trying their best, but their runnings were just little or no effect at all.

There's a reason for why he have had beef with the top scorer of this game, that's the reason why we can't score goals.

The drop off from the League Cup final to this has been impressive. What a fall.
Have been saying this for months. We have been garbage since the cup win but everyone just blamed this season's injuries.

Can bet that nothing will change when everyone's fit.

I am afraid I have lost the faith as far as the manager is concerned. His substitutions in the second half were beyond belief. I would have expected far more from my five-year-old son on EA Sports FC 24. It was sheer madness. His death stare, I am afraid, and his inarticulate press conferences are laughable.

I think he is a good coach and knows what he's doing, but is suffering from being spineless in a toxic environment, the same environment that did for other managers before him. The worst thing for me though is the signings, going after players he's had before and then paying through the teeth for them. That and making Rashford and Bruno undroppable.

Varane and Reg on the bench for tactical reasons….hmmmm

That’s a concern, I hope it’s not that they are regretting joining us and just not arsed. It’s not like United to sign players past their peak and they come to us and then their form collapses

I'm really not sure what to make of him. On the one hand, I see that he makes terrible subs, baffling signings at times, and doesn't seem able to implement tactics or a style, or to improve any players.

On the other hand I don't think any manager would be doing great with this club structure, and I am almost certain that once he goes somewhere else he's going to look amazing while we're in the exact same situation we're in now.

Okay great, how does that help us now? We’re shit, poorly coached, can’t string passes together, can’t create chances, look defensively patchy but we got to a cup final last season so it’s all rosey?

He’s lost the players, he's run out of ideas and he’s out of his depth. He has no idea how to turn this round other than spend another £400m on shite players that will ultimately end up on the bench. You’ll see it eventually, there’s no reason to defend a man you don’t know and has done nothing for you.
Man just follow my posts. I'm not talking about how good we are now. fecksake it's like going around in circles.

All I'm saying is hes clearly not a toddler if he's capable of achieving some very impressive things last season. Saying he's lost the players is also just dim, they're running and working for him. Losing the players is what the squad did to Ole and Jose before they were sacked. Literally not give a feck and be thumped 4-0 by relegated teams.

Ten hag is pretty shite right now. I agree. He was also pretty good last season. And his overall win % as a United manager is not remotely as bad as what you want to claim. So let's not make shit up, shall we? Give that a go and see how you do.

He should go as soon as possible for me. Lost all faith in what he is trying to achieve.

If a few players are underperforming then it's probably the players, if all players are underperforming it's probably the manager.

Lose to Newcastle midweek and things could turn against him.

There won’t be any plan to replace him so I don’t think a loss to Newcastle or even the inevitable exit from group stage of UCL will see him sacked. Looking at our fixtures it’s not going to get better and it’s inevitable he gets the boot at some stage this season.

Only 11 goals scored. Last June, everyone knew that we have a problem scoring goals and ETH spent 70m on Hojlund and 55m on Mount. Doesn't make sense.

Buying Hojlund the striker doesnt make sense when the strikers last season were unfit Martial and Weghorst? Hojlund has been an improvement for the CF position. He has been a bit unlucky considering his 0 EPL goals but im sure his first EPL goal wont be too far away.

Ofcourse... Kane is better than Hojlund but Kane just wasnt a realistic option.

Status
Not open for further replies.