Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many players in the current squad were here when Mourinho was manager? Dalot, Rashford, Martial, McTominay, Shaw and Lindelof?

You're saying those players are the main problem?

Rashford, Martial, McTominay and Shaw have downed tools before, yes. They all have extended spells where they shut down mentally and look totally disinterested on the pitch.

A good start is dumping every player like this.

We didn't make a load of progess, it was just ole ball all over again. We've regressed.
I don't agree. The spell between World Cup and Carabao cup we were controlling games and we looked organised - especially against the smaller teams (our biggest weakness over the years). It may not have been top tier (yet) but it was definitely a step in the right direction. What he's doing now, however, is worrying.

What are the excuses for this shit on the stick football?

Let's be honest no manager that thinks Antony is worth £80m after training him is good enough.

He doesnt have a fecking clue how to put a decent attacking football side together.

Starting to look more and more like it was less Ten Hag and more Casemiro and Rashford carrying us last season. Their form has dropped and we can barely create against a Danish side.

Watched the Spurs game last night. Either Maddison or Ange mentioned that when he joined pressing would be non-negotiable. That’s per much what I saw.

Thought that’s what we were supposed to get? Ange can create that in a matter of months?

Awful

I really don't get it...we made a lot of progress in our football last year and it's all out the window just like that?

I wouldn't say just like that. There are explanations.

Bad transfers, lots of off-field noise (Sancho, ownership, Antony, etc.), injury crisis, bad coaching, and players with a piss poor mentality or quality.

State of this thread and posters. Worst of the worst of the cafe at large

Why the hell do certain players start week in week out. Shit management and it will cost him his job

The reason he is being so stubborn with these tactics is because he has bought a team to play these tactics…

or in other words he has bought players incapable of playing his preferred system, which just so happens to be a system that nullifies all the strengths of our best players.

changing it admits he was wrong.

Genuinely didn’t expect this shit football from us. It’s so boring and the only chance looks likely to come from individual brilliance. I might change my vote soon

Why can't this manager get a tune out of these players?

No patterns of play. No shape. No pressing. Can't play out of the back. Can't progress the ball though midfield.

What is Ten Hag football?
Because of the issues with getting players in, still having Ronaldo around and then the bad first couple of results it seemed like he ditched his vision for the time being to make us a more functional team, going back to what we were good at under Ole, and it worked. The point was that wasn't what we appointed him for, it was to make us look like a properly coached team with an ability to play exciting football which Ole was never capable of implementing.

He got his key signings early this season but they don't look good and more importantly we don't look like a well coached team, that was the main reason we went for him and it's not evident at all in our play and we've been bad in pretty much every game (barring against a weakened Palace side in the League Cup). As long as it doesn't get too ugly over the next few weeks then he deserves the chance to get some of his defenders back to see if that improves things but we're not enjoyable to watch right now and there's growing concerns that he's not the manager we hoped for, even if we win tonight which we probably still will.

Manager can do no wrong cult in full force.

One of the most infuriating things. The gulf between how people perceive him and the way the team performs is enormous. Guy has the benefit of the doubt/credit usually reserved for all conquering multiple CL winning managers. Crazy.

I'm not even saying people should be like "sack, sack, sack!" but sometimes it feels as though he gets a criticism free ride

Manager can do no wrong cult in full force. Backed the likes of Moyes too
Give me strength. He did little wrong last season, clear progress. He's done lots right. Nobody's happy with our current form. The entire fan base should be baying for the axe 2 months in to current season without regard for the myriad of issues beyond his control? Or we're a 'cult'??

I don't agree. The spell between World Cup and Carabao cup we were controlling games and we looked organised - especially against the smaller teams (our biggest weakness over the years). It may not have been top tier (yet) but it was definitely a step in the right direction. What he's doing now, however, is worrying.
We had a piss easy run in the carabao cup, and then played newcastle and didn't dominate. In a majority of our games we didn't even control possession in the league.

It's so obvious he's done as the players have stopped playing for him, but he'll get at least 3-4 more months.

He has to be bolder in his selections to save his job. Fergie knew about new blood and injecting energy. This team is depressed, fans are wanting action on the pitch. Take team sulk off.

Nonsense, he is way too stubborn to change it around. He created this mess himself.

1000%. This is his own doing. It’s like his going out of his way to deploy every single player in a role that exposes all of their biggest flaws, and nullifies all of their biggest weapons.

Give me strength. He did little wrong last season, clear progress. He's done lots right. Nobody's happy with our current form. The entire fan base should be baying for the axe 2 months in to current season without regard for the myriad of issues beyond his control? Or we're a 'cult'??

Apart from getting utterly humiliated in away from home in multiple games.

He will be sacked after the season has well and truly been nuked because that is what Man Utd are as a club nowadays. But a new football director hopefully comes in under the new ownership structure, and has time to clear out a lot of these dud players.

Relying on individual brilliance, no system, sticking to same underperforming players every week, cant beat a low block, shit results most weeks, shit performances when we do scrape a win.

Could be forgiven for thinking we were back in 2021

This is it for me. I don’t even care about the result tonight. He needs to go.

He has had plenty of time and resources and he hasn’t been able to implement anything even remotely resembling a positive style of football. We look absolutely clueless against absolute minnows.

Nobody knows what do to. We don’t press as a team. We have no attacking patterns. We just pass the ball around until we lose it or hoof it away. Defensively, we look as shaky as ever.

There’s no midfield because EtH hasn’t prioritised it. Our expensive new keeper is a complete fraud. And Antony is diabolical.

This is not about tonight but the whole season and big parts of last. We’re poor. Simples as. And I’m struggling to think of a team we wouldn’t struggle against.

We all should recognise this stage of the project by now, it's dead. We've been playing shite football for a while and it's only got more boring.

Perfectly possible ETH can win the fans faith back but those demanding the fans give it now without question are delusional. He hasn't earned blind faith.

Nonsense, he is way too stubborn to change it around. He created this mess himself.
He got us top 4 and a trophy last season when barely anyone had us down to finish as high as 3rd at the start of the season after the mess he inherited. However the patterns of play we saw last season have gone now. The players have phoned it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.