Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's incapable of motivating the players he insists on playing game after game and refuses to change things up. I'll have absolutely no sympathy when he inevitably gets the boot. Another massive disappointment he's turning out to be.

What I don’t get is what happened between the middle of last season and now? We didn’t use to be this bad. I don’t get it.

Other teams get used to the strengths and weaknesses of your tactics and your players. They research you over a 60 game season and see which tactics opponents have success with.

Last season we over performed based on Eriksen and Casemiro playing great mid season, Rashford having a hot streak and a settled defence.

We are so shite at build up play. No penetration, no off the ball runs to create space. No dribbles etc past players. It’s so casual.

Geniunely the most boring football I've seen us play since sir Alex, it's unwatchable

Where's the famous press?

Walking pace football in the CL when we've lost two games. This is absolutely dire.

Both of our Dutch managers promised some sort of possession football, yet end up relying on a big man in midfield who doesn't participate in general play to score a few knock ons that an English manager would be crucified for (Fellaini and McTominay).

Why on earth is McTom still a United player? He's barely a PL level player at all.

While our wingers are Rashford and Antony we'll always struggle to create anything or score many goals. They're both very one dimensional and predictable, and neither are particularly good.

This is full cycle again. When LVG gets sacked in about a month, how do we shift Mount and Anthony?

This is pathetic. We are getting outplayed by every team we play

What style of play has he brought? It's like we do nothing all week in training

Do we need to question if he's lost the players? He certainly can't motivate them, even his favourites are consistently lackluster.

No patterns of play, we are getting worse at attacking and always so slow.

This really is 21/22 vibes where nobody has a clue what they're supposed to be doing. Just pass between the CB's for ages and then lump it forward and hope for a knockdown. Utterly depressing football. How are we continuously the most inept football club in Europe?

and we are playing City in less than a week.....a big defeat there and he is history

Can't wait for his trademak "no subs at half time" move and next match with Antony, Bruno and Rashford leading attacking line.

The inability to set up the side, pick the right players for the right matches, and bench high profile players is really worrying.

I’m beginning to lose the faith. We look just awful.

I really don't get it...we made a lot of progress in our football last year and it's all out the window just like that?

Shocked at how cowardly he's coming across. Play the fecking youth over this shit. 3 subs at half time here should be the minimum

I really don't get it...we made a lot of progress in our football last year and it's all out the window just like that?
We didn't make a load of progess, it was just ole ball all over again. We've regressed.

This really is 21/22 vibes where nobody has a clue what they're supposed to be doing. Just pass between the CB's for ages and then lump it forward and hope for a knockdown. Utterly depressing football. How are we continuously the most inept football club in Europe?
Signs were there for months as much as you wanted to dismiss them

Money in the bank is nearly hitting overdraft.

You can't play this way here, the patience will wear extremely thin with one more spanking from a rival.

He's got to drop the older heads who aren't performing and give Hannibal and Garnacho the game time for me. Whether it yields results or not is another matter, but you can't back these players as the manager.

Why can't this manager get a tune out of these players?

No patterns of play. No shape. No pressing. Can't play out of the back. Can't progress the ball though midfield.

What is Ten Hag football?

I’ve never quite believed that the players had turned on him but now I’m not quite so sure.

They out ran us that half and we looked so slow and without any urgency.

Everyone calling for 5 subs in the match thread… this is not the players fault…

this is awful shape and tactics. It doesn’t play to a single strength of any of our players.

awful management.

a single sub of Eriksen for McT, and a switch to 4231 with Bruno higher up the pitch, and we’d murder this lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.