Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ten Hag's son works there to which doesn't sound great when you consider the signings he has made.

Why on earth do we allow managers to have sole say on transfers?
I can’t believe this is the first time someone at United is questioning the transfer policy, after spending £400m.

Ten Hag's son works there to which doesn't sound great when you consider the signings he has made.

Why on earth do we allow managers to have sole say on transfers?

I would ask why is this being flagged now? Was Ole thrown under the bus by staff because he worked with that same dodgy agent on transfer deals, which looked pretty shocking at Cardiff, and kept doing so at United (Ighalo if memory serves)?

I'm not saying this should be ignored, I'm saying at the nadir of his time here with half the team injured and individual player drama/criminality, this pops up.

So staff already leaking things to undermine ETH. The knives are out and all the incompetents are looking to save their skin, players and staff alike.

Paul Parker harps on about ETH should walk to keep his reputation in tact. It's not that outlandish to me now. Main issue would be the players he's convinced to join being left behind with these incompetents.

I'd absolutely love to know who has leaked this "staff have expressed a concern".

He's on a hiding to nothing at this poisoned club.

Christ our fans are a weird, weird breed. Any suggestion of the club being done dirty is irrelevant - its all about the 'poor manager'.

Every time we have a manager of any ilk, be it progressive, pragmatic, elusive, relaxed, disciplinarian, the same thing happens.

The media get a whiff of some bad form and absolutely pile on. It's up to us to be smart and back the manager now, there's so much shite clickbait news going around. Guaruntee a draw to Brighton or a draw to Arsenal and this report doesn't see the light of day.

Christ our fans are a weird, weird breed. Any suggestion of the club being done dirty is irrelevant - its all about the 'poor manager'.

Again, if you read a bit further, you'll see where my gripe lies. And this club has been done dirty since 2005 and then without lubrication under Woodward.

Club being done dirty?
The club is the one allowing this as it did for Ole and Jose even though they told us we now have a DOF and a recruitment structure.

Ah, so it begins.

At this rate, if more leaks do occur and results are still poor, he won't be United manager by the year end.

That was my initial thought too "so it begins".

I just hope Qatar comes in and sacks off the clowns leaking.

EtH might be gone by season's end, especially given his relatively short contract length, but I'm sick of these back-stabbing cowards all trying to play Game of Thrones at our club's expense.

So staff already leaking things to undermine ETH. The knives are out and all the incompetents are looking to save their skin, players and staff alike.

Paul Parker harps on about ETH should walk to keep his reputation in tact. It's not that outlandish to me now. Main issue would be the players he's convinced to join being left behind with these incompetents.

I'd absolutely love to know who has leaked this "staff have expressed a concern".

Maybe he shouldn't have his agency sign up players just weeks before signing for United. Especially as ETHs son works for the agency.

Hojland was clearly advised to join to agency in order to make the move happen.

Shades of Fergie and his son Jason.

The fans helped pick the manager and he came in first season with a 72% win ratio if I recall. His last title with Ajax was very tough and went to the wire, I feel he has what it takes to at least be a strong coach for us.

We've hit a rough patch but I hope the fans can back the manager and push the team and let them know who's boss. It would be sad to see this unravel with him gone in Dec-Jan. The players so far have been quite pathetic, not downing tools but heads drop too early, like we're seeing disagreements and players not working for each in tracking the opposition and making the needed effort for passing angles. Of course it's up the manager to galvanize the squad but it's starting to feel like another organ grinder by the club, players and media, another snakes and ladder job.

When 70k turn up you better play instead of sulking jogging around and hiding. I doubt Brighton will have an easier away game after the first 12 mins of our efforts fizzle out.

Of course they are. He has been here over a year and has not been able to stamp his footballing identity on the team. We look no different to a Solskjaer side.
We looked better last year didn't we?

So no redeeming qualities to ETH in your book then.

The jury is out. Especially after being tactically outclassed at the weekend.

Putting the team out in a 442 diamond which they had never played, seemingly because he didn't trust Garnacho or Pellistri to play on the right. Then not being able to make the required in game changed when Brighton split their CBs out. It is worrying.

Just like an Ole team, we still reply on moments of individual brilliance, rather than controlling a game.

Now I actually believe he could be in trouble. We saw the same leaks with Ole when the shit hit the fan and he was gone soon after.
I think this is the players that feel slighted and any allies they have amongst the staff and media taking advantage of the recent defeats to undermine the manger. It’s disgusting and so obvious.

I blame the board. Keeping players the manager wants out always ends badly.

The jury is out. Especially after being tactically outclassed at the weekend.

Putting the team out in a 442 diamond which they had never played, seemingly because he didn't trust Garnacho or Pellistri to play on the right. Then not being able to make the required in game changed when Brighton split their CBs out. It is worrying.

Just like an Ole team, we still reply on moments of individual brilliance, rather than controlling a game.

I think he played 442 because our squad lacks wingers and also is heavy in midfield.

Also I think he sees Rashford as a better 2nd striker than winger.

So the leaks and briefings start then. How depressingly unsurprising. Urchins and incompetents in the club looking to save their own necks and hide their shame by sacking yet another scapegoat ( no not you Jadon).

Sad part is, some fans will be behind it / gullible enough to fall for it and they will get an easy ride again for a few years. Honestly we should all get behind Ten Hag now and make it as hard and painful as possible for them, just in the hope we might get a few of these parasites out of the club. Even if you think ETH isn't right in the long run, don't let them get away with this shit again.

Maguire is still popular in the dressing room? :eek: i get it Sancho is Rashford's BF so it might affect their relationship a bit but they are PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALLERS paid hundred thousands pounds per week, and Antony? It has nothing to do with the manager. This is like some dork on another thread pinning Greenwood's crimes on Ole which is hillariously sad and stupid.

How many players we signed under his agency?

So the leaks and briefings start then. How depressingly unsurprising. Urchins and incompetents in the club looking to save their own necks and hide their shame by sacking yet another scapegoat ( no not you Jadon).

Sad part is, some fans will be behind it / gullible enough to fall for it and they will get an easy ride again for a few years. Honestly we should all get behind Ten Hag now and make it as hard and painful as possible for them, just in the hope we might get a few of these parasites out of the club. Even if you think ETH isn't right in the long run, don't let them get away with this shit again.
Fully agree with you. But it feels like trying to run up a vertical wall with no legs when you consider the support these players clearly have from some media and pundits. Only thing that will stop it is results. Hopefully a surprise Vs Bayern tomorrow should quieten then down a bit.. it’ll make them think of when we beat Liverpool last year.

Maguire is still popular in the dressing room? :eek: i get it Sancho is Rashford's BF so it might affect their relationship a bit but they are PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALLERS paid hundred thousands pounds per week, and Antony? It has nothing to do with the manager. This is like some dork on another thread pinning Greenwood's crimes on Ole which is hillariously sad and stupid.

How many players we signed under his agency?
Maguire is popular in a way that everyone knows him. You can sign a talent from Japan and he'll know Maguire.

This club is the biggest meme in football. Can’t say I’m surprised the leaks have started, don’t really care about what happens against Bayern because an away game at the Allianz is a tough game regardless of form but the Premier League is where the knives come out and we have what we used to call winnable games against coming up so the atmosphere has potential to be Mourinho level toxic if we lose against Burnley.

Sounds like they are backtracking to me after being called out by someone
The podcast was taken out of context
Although I think what they were saying on there is likely bollox

Yeah I didn't see that either - Brighton were clinical while we were wasteful, and after going ahead they were able to pass the ball around and make us chase it.
They went ahead quite early I believe.

Everyone at the club hides behind closed doors…it’s much easier to leak a 192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1 few quotes out instead of actually doing their jobs.

The manger of Manchester United is expected to be some all conquering multi department one man team.

The club is a joke.
they really need to work on protecting and valuing the staff

well, If we starting to lose a few more matches maybe ETH's position should be reviewed. Even if he was sacked, the same loop will go on (honeymoon period, minor domestic cup victory/top4-5 finish trophy, and fail again in the next season). The main problem is the stucture of the club, even if Pep is the manager he will be no better than the situation of EtH, Ole, Jose, LvG even Moyes.

So he targeted players he'd have known we couldn't afford. He's an idiot then.
Not manager's job to buy players nor manage club's money. He could ask for Mbapee for all I care.
If recruitment department was competent they would provide alts, unearthed gems and be able convince manager.
But They are not so manager's logical choice would be going for what he knows best

Last edited:
Thats wild. I am all for the questioning the manager but thats a very quick decision in my opinion.
Looks like fans everywhere are starting to ask though. I feel there's something behind the scenes, probably money related.
I did question the Amrabat signing due to the intensity of the PL.
I don't know what the situation is, if we miss top 4, is that a guaranteed sacking?
It sounds ridiculous to see crunch games this early but I remember SAF was inches from it I reckon if the ref had seen Jim Leighton's push.

Status
Not open for further replies.