Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've lost patience but I'm not saying he needs to go, the two aren't the same thing. He has had time, he has had almost half a billion quid, it needs to be better than what is on the pitch since March.
For some posters, unless you don't have your head up the Manager's arse, you want him gone. They never seem to learn from doing the same for every manager we've had since SAF left the helm.

I'm worried. There's literally zero positives to take from our first two games and pre-season was a mess too.

He’s playing 2 advanced midfielders with no plan what so ever. It’s like he’s just picked 11 players and told them to play.

You play 2 midfielders in the mould of Bruno and Mount if you can control a game, they can get on the ball and move it around the field…..why do we play with 40% possession and look like we can’t put together 5 passes?

People will blame Mount. It’s the amateur hour setup, we’ll lose almost every match playing this dumb style of play

Last edited:
I don't know man. They were a kick away from the CL final that season. Plus last year he achieved what was asked. It's just that this season has been such a head scratcher. What's even the plan?
People fluke UCL wins. fecking Di Matteo won one.

Last year we got into UCL but we were atrocious for most of the season, and 3 clubs (Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs) had absolutely horrible years. This year we look even worse.

I do not think that this club has had any plan on anything for a very long time.

Huge problems everywhere. This was obvious from the state of preseason and it's followed us into the league form as expected.

The manager really has to do more, this isn't Holland, we aren't Ajax, the stakes are higher and the expectations are higher, so is the level of 'average' competition in the league.

The summer recruitment outside of Onana has been shit. I have no idea how you can allow this man to spend daft money when he sanctioned the purchase of Antony. We look disjoined in every department, the only area of the pitch we seem to have improved is the keeper playing out from the back.

We obviously need wholesale changes, half the team needs to go, and that includes players who came in last season. We need to spend at least half a billion and a club with any form of ambition would make that happen and feck off the shite we currently have.

I said this season that one of the top 6 would have a nightmare and I thought it could be us. It can obviously turn around like it did last season, and it really, really needs to because Ten Hag won't get another 7-1 loss to a rival and keep his job. He needs to wake the feck up.

Shit at judging suitable players and now looks bereft of any ideas as a coach as well. Atleast questions needs to be asked, even if the club itself is the main problem.

Are we seriously better off than we were under Ole? End of last season, pre-season, beginning of this season - not so much the results, but the performances are just dire. I did think it was time for Ole to go, but we had the most Fergie like times under him. There's either a curse on the club or it's the sheer toxicity of the Glazers - why is it that manager after manager, and player after player, come to us with a decent reputation and never live up to it?

In my opinion we were improving steadily until the league cup final.

After that and until now it has been nothing but the same shit show we have seen under previous managers, just with more excuses given from some fans here.

It's as if the League Cup was the peak of what Ten Hag could achieve here.

He needs a DoF ASAP.....he has made mistakes but I'm not writing him off yet....it's the players.....they are just daft and wasteful and dollars to doughnuts they ignore what he tells them to do on the pitch especially once the chips are down.
He has a DOF, but a DOF who can't or won't do his job.

Who are you replacing him with?

That’s not my job to find someone who is capable of doing the job but seeing as you ask.. the problem is there currently isn’t anyone available. I wanted Poch ahead of EtH, that’s still the case.

I just don’t understand. Last season we lacked quality but felt we at least played cohesively. We just look so foreign to any chemistry so far.

At this rate, I'm coming round to the idea that no matter which players we have or which manager, Utd will continue to stink the PL with a brand of football more suited to the lower leagues.

I just don't know what the answer is I've just given up hope!
Well for one stop signing crap players.

A bit at a loss how we look worse than last season. We weren't brilliant by any means, but at least we played some actual football from time to time

Tottenham looks really average without Kane and with Son completely out of form.
Still able to just cruise to a victory here.
When the day comes, and we`re up against a quality side, like Arsenal, Newcastle, City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Brighton… Not sure i can stomach watching.

Yup. The coffers are empty now. The cost of backing him is that there's almost feck all left the next few seasons, unless we get a sugar daddy.
Maybe it's for the best, us being forced to use our youth might just be what the doctor ordered because we act like drunks in the market. If Ten Hag wanted an experimental midfielder for his 3-2-2-3 or whatever he is playing at that ends looking 5-0-5 with no bite, no guile and no fight he could have very well used Hannibal and not waste £60m to bring in a talentless lightweight.

In my opinion we were improving steadily until the league cup final.

After that and until now it has been nothing but the same shit show we have seen under previous managers, just with more excuses given from some fans here.

It's as if the League Cup was the peak of what Ten Hag could achieve here.
That's really shit if it turns out to be the case.

Just buzzard how Spurs, Newcastle, Brighton etc can play good football too quickly but we can lately string a pass together despite all the money spent. He’s under serious pressure this season

also, we’ll be in the end some beatings from City and Liverpool later this season

Are some people genuinely saying he should be removed as manager?
I don't think anyone is suggesting that at this point but there has to be major improvements, starting with the players he signed. We can't keep getting hammered, it's not a good look, he'd be gone already if we were Madrid or Barcelona, for the 7-1 alone.

I’m concerned what our coaching team actually do. This spurs team was catastrophic last season. Was an absolute mess with Conte’s defensive football. They seem to be so well coached in a space of months but look at us, after a year, after pre season, after manager’s every whim satisfied look like shit still.

That’s not my job to find someone who is capable of doing the job but seeing as you ask.. the problem is there currently isn’t anyone available. I wanted Poch ahead of EtH, that’s still the case.

and in 12 months you and your kind will be saying the same again

ETH will talk about principles, our players never follow what was setup there we lost the game. What principles??? When you can passengers in the team! Antony is an expensive flop so far! Mount has almost zero contributions in all the games he has played. Buying a striker who is injure? Really? I don't know what he is watching, we are awful in both games and got lucky when Varane decide to gamble. I think he is a good manager but his expensive signings are questionable.

Are some people genuinely saying he should be removed as manager?
Not now, but he should not have a final say on transfer and we should evaluate his position by december.
His signings have been poor bar Martinez.
Casemiro looks on his last legs, Mount is not the right fit, Anthony looks very poor.
Anthony will be playing for AS Roma or some Italian club in a season or two.

Mount will continue to enjoy the protection of the media next season.

Manager's responsibility. Same team as the previous poor game. He had the guts, but now it is really his fault. Hopefully the team will improve and come up to speed. The lack of match sharpness is stunning. Hopefully just like last season, we turn it around from the third game onwards.

Are we seriously better off than we were under Ole? End of last season, pre-season, beginning of this season - not so much the results, but the performances have been just dire. I did think it was time for Ole to go, but we had the most Fergie like times under him. There's either a curse on the club or it's the sheer toxicity of the Glazers - why is it that manager after manager, and player after player, come to us with a decent reputation and never live up to it?
Right now? Not really.

I although I'd say the run we went on last season which culminated in the league cup final was better than anything we saw from ole bar his caretaker days.

Need a big result against Forest, or its De Zerbi in.

Listen, I am mad as hell right now, but changing the manager again and again is not the answer. Brighton got a nice setup from top to bottom. Do you think United got the same fundament under the Glazers?

and then 12 months later it'll be the same again, fecking joke your lot
Exactly. Doesn't matter who the manager is if there isn't a proper structure behind them. Gone are the days of the "dictator manager" who runs every aspect of the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.