Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol:

The most underwhelming highlight real of an attacker

I recalled the muppets coming for you when you (and a few others) rightly pointed out how underwhelming his 'dribbling' was. Never seen such collective intent to be wrong before considering you could pick out fullbacks with better dribbling reels than Antony at Ajax.

The amount of knee jerk garbage "ETH out" posts today will be record breaking I assume. :lol:
While there will always be a post with green smileys blindly lapping up everything the managers tells in press conferences while living in blind hope that things will sort themselves out magically. Where have I seen that before? Oh yes, every manager we've had over the last 11 years.

He didnt buy one because he is not interested in controlling the midfield. Which is baffling, considering he was after De Jong and also Ajax were good in possession under him.
As I wondered a few times last season — I think he compromised to the Ajax way rather than the other way around. His approach here feels a lot more at home with his approach at Utrecht. He had the intelligent background parties with guys like Overmars etc. to keep him in check. When they gave him a taste he was pushing for duds like Labyad and Klaiber.

It is so so beyond me how a premier league manager thought he could run a central midfield of Mason Mount, Bruno Fernandes, and Casemiro. It actually makes me angry

Honestly it reminds me of our worst football under LvG. Despite us having loads of "flair" players we are fecking painful to watch atm.

I really wanted him here and i thought he could be the man to sort it out, but our performances need to be a lot better than this.

AFAIK, Nagelsmann is still unemployed :nervous:

I will reserve judgement until we've actually got a semblance of a decent front 3 with Rashford, Hojlund and whoever isn't embarrassingly bad on the right, but it looks concerning.

De Zerbi, at this stage, looks head and shoulders above Eth as a coach. We will soon revert to last season's football with no real progressive movements and relying on counter attacks to get through games.
Keyword: coach

We don't hire managers to be coaches. We (stupidly) hire them to oversee every aspect of the club, and until that changes, any manager who comes in is going to be out of his depth.

Very lucky win against Wolves, who was outplayed against Brighton, and we play shockingly bad today.

ETH is the most supported manager since LVG (financially) and I’m more pessimistic regarding top 4 than I ever been. ETH is definitely overrated and “touched” on with silk gloves by supporters compared with former managers.

Two games in and people calling for his head :lol:

The club isn't the embarrassment, the fans are :wenger::lol:

The annoying thing is whoever comes in after him will have the same old problem - how do you shift the crap that ETH brought in?

We'll have a legless Casemiro on £300k until 2027.

Antony on £200k until 2027.

Mount on £200k until 2029.

It's the same old story. A roundabout for clowns and every Saturday, us chumps put on our make-up and rosy up our cheeks.

Goes back to what I've posted in the director of football thread since July the club has changed individuals in key positions but still operates under the previously failed model of the manager dictating everything when it comes to recruitment.

Don't forget the club would have backed the signings of Arnaoutovic and Rabiot aged players with no re-sale value if things go south. The writing has been on the all when assessing things objectively. Small amount of business acumen could foresee these issues even if the clubs successful it's not sustainable.

He will have a huge challenge on his hands for top 4, you could say two spots are straight away gone to city and arsenal, so that only really leaves two spots and with how this team is playing plus the squad he has it will be a very tough season for him, hopefully this might push the board to do something else for him before the window slams shut!

ETH doesn't know how to use forwards. No wonder he had the clash with this sport's all-time top goal scorer.

It is lack of fecking team fitness if anything, as can be seen as we were much better in first half and should have been at least 2:0 up. And that will come as games go by, and also we will be adding few more players, it will be fine in time.

But don't let that stop all the moaning after two games. This is the Caf after all.
All that is ETH's fault, he's the bloody coach. Stop this coping.

Just calm and objective view on things, without all the knee jerk sprinkled. You are welcome.

If we're entering the season not fit and ready then it's his fault for not preparing the team properly during the pre season, especially when other teams aren't struggling like us.

But of course, to assess this you actually need to stop thinking of United manager as God first.

He's definitely shown an unwillingness or an inability to switch things up tactically when his plan A doesn't work out, both in-game and in his preparation for a match, and that is concerning. His vision isn't working at all right now and his signings look to be not up to the standard we need to be successful, or the wrong player for the position and tactics expected.

I understand that the club is in turmoil on nearly every front but that shouldn't shield ETH from having questions asked after this poor of a start - especially considering the money spent.

Honestly it reminds me of our worst football under LvG. Despite us having loads of "flair" players we are fecking painful to watch atm.

I really wanted him here and i thought he could be the man to sort it out, but our performances need to be a lot better than this.

AFAIK, Nagelsmann is still unemployed :nervous:

Nagelsmann is a good idea but he would need to revamp the squad again

I don't know why he's persisting with the Casemiro, Mount, Bruno midfield it clearly doesn't work. Also Rashford as striker is awful.

We look worryingly awful this season.

Unlucky game today but I don't understand why we keep starting Garnacho, especially when Martial is fit to play. Rashford should be on the left every game. He's horrible af CF.

It is lack of fecking team fitness if anything, as can be seen as we were much better in first half and should have been at least 2:0 up. And that will come as games go by, and also we will be adding few more players, it will be fine in time.

But don't let that stop all the moaning after two games. This is the Caf after all.
He's responsible for the team fitness.

He’s not as good as we thought he was, or he’s over his head.
To be fair, his reputation of ‘being as good as we thought’ was mostly his Ajax team destroying Real in a pretty bad Real season. The vast majority of us didn’t watch much, if any, of Ajax.

There was nothing to suggest from last season that he is that good.

He’ll be gone by Christmas, hopefully. I’ve never been a fan, never got the hype and he has done little to change my mind. Today he’s been shown up by someone who has been in the job for a few months and has lost his star man. Pathetic.

I think there's something going on here, I have a feeling the players aren't buying in to it this season, there's no effort on the pitch. I really hope he hasn't lost some of the players in the dressing room. Not looking good.

Feels like he needed a good start to the season. Last season he just managed to get us stumbling across the line of bare minimum, after an absolutely atrocious period which was on par with the worst we’ve seen after in the post Fergie years.

Unfortunately it seems like it’s just more of the same underwhelming stuff we got served up the last part of last season. We‘ve got no conviction, don’t assert ourselves on the game, and there’s nothing to indicate that we’re ready to step up and become a title threat.

I’m going to guess that it’s back to the drawing board, yet again, at some point this season.

Lack of team fitness, keep telling yourself that when we are just above the scousers at the end of season in 6th, it’s a lack of direction, no real system, 4231 isn’t the system that’s the formation, off the ball is terrible midfield is non existent he’s spent 400 million and has looked like this constantly, we only play in moments and shit the bed a lot once we take the lead.

Status
Not open for further replies.