Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
The evidence looks like he isn't as good a coach as advertised. AWB has improved but I can't see it in anyone else.
It’s a good point — no player looks better under Hag. I don’t even think wan Bissaka has improved so much as just got back to his first season levels.

If United plays like this when everyone’s fit it’s clear he has to go which I hate to say
We have been playing like this every away game since he came. We are just pathetic away from home against anybody half decent. Absolutely zero improvement on the road.

We should be on zero points after the first 2 games again, and we're very lucky we're not.

The same issues are blatant. Awful passing, laziness, disinterest, or players looking tired, awful decision making and shocking finishing. Nothing has changed. Shambles

Having my doubts now. Under ferguson we just had a will to score, like City have with Pep. We just dont have that now. Three free headers of which two would have been scored under ferguson - or peps city would score them. They just have a stronger will to win that we lack. You had city two years ago playing without a striker and they would grind out goals and hence win. We just lack that will to win that American football coach Vince Lombardi would often talk about.

Long season ahead of us tbh.

Probably should have people in charge and as DoF's that don't just buy what the manager wants
Murtough is a glorified ball boy. Fetches only what Eth asks him to. Both him and Arnold need to be fecked off from the club. Hopefully when we get new owners, they will completely revamp our structure because what we have now is not working.
Silver lining - maybe this forces the Glazers to sell up seeing how shite we are currently looking.

We look truly awful, buts it’s nothing new. Manager after manager after manager and nothing changes, the club is toxic.

He has fecked it I think. It was a massive summer and he needed to correct mistakes, like Antony, he has already made. He has failed to do so. This squad is a mess. Not a single player to bring on to change the game.
Right hand side needed to be addressed from full back to attackers. Don't understand how others had this as a good window.

I said this summer window would be make or break.

The potential was there, but we needed press resistant players. Instead, he chose to sign Mount and it might cost him his job.

He didnt buy one because he is not interested in controlling the midfield. Which is baffling, considering he was after De Jong and also Ajax were good in possession under him.

This weird midfield experiment is genuinely going to cost us top 4. I can't believe a former Ajax manager has this kind of blind spot with a non-existent midfield. Alarm bells are ringing.

I’m still trying to figure out what his tactic is, what he wants the players to do. I keep hearing pressing and counter pressing….what about when we’ve got the ball? We look like a Sunday league side

Battered here and battered last week against Wolves

The amount of knee jerk garbage "ETH out" posts today will be record breaking I assume. :lol:
Maybe ‘ETH out’ is a bit ott, but did you watch our first few games against shite opponents with new managers? With the amount of money we’ve spent under him so far, serious question will soon have to be asked if things don’t change quickly.

The amount of knee jerk garbage "ETH out" posts today will be record breaking I assume. :lol:

Not knee jerk at all. Pre-season was mostly shit, that's fine because it's preseason. Start of the season is shit, and that's not fine.

Maybe we should have just applied to the Premier League for special dispensation to start the season in October.

He looks massively out of his depth. I hate to say it as I’m desperate to see him be a success here.

He's not good enough, another manager who will be gone within 6-12 month.

The style of play is as bad as anything we've seen under Mourinho/Van Gaal as well

He's been the architect of his own failure. Pre-season was a shambles, the team look unfit and unprepared, the new system is garbage and doesn't work, and he's wasted the budget. He's improved nothing.

£400m+ spent on players he insisted on. Well over a year with this group now. Don't want to hear any excuses.

Same tbh.
Especially when it took De Zerbi 2 months to make Brighton play with an identity and he still hasn't despite spending 400m. We still look clueless.
De Zerbi, at this stage, looks head and shoulders above Eth as a coach. We will soon revert to last season's football with no real progressive movements and relying on counter attacks to get through games.

Knee jerk would of been losing 6-2 to city and 7-0 to the scousers, this is a system being shit problem, it’s not actually the players, it’s the lack of direction.
It is lack of fecking team fitness if anything, as can be seen as we were much better in first half and should have been at least 2:0 up. And that will come as games go by, and also we will be adding few more players, it will be fine in time.

But don't let that stop all the moaning after two games. This is the Caf after all.

I’m sorry but our pre season was a mess and simply a commercial exercise and we look like we’ve done no pre season at all but that doesn’t mask the ridiculous on pitch problems which fall solely on ETH as he’s stubbornly persisting with them.

I won’t go into the Wolves game but today has shown yet again that Mount only creates a problem when playing with Fernandes and Casemiro whilst Antony offers more defensively than offensively as he’s a complete one trick pony, Ajax must laugh hard daily that they pulled our pants down to the level they did.

It’s like we say the same things on here every year and despite being a massive ETH fan based on his insistence on certain players and them not working other than Martinez he shouldn’t be allowed to choose our signings, isn’t Mourtough meant to be our director of football ? If so why is he not identifying players to play a set way ? We’re a fecking joke.

He didnt buy one because he is not interested in controlling the midfield. Which is baffling, considering he was after De Jong and also Ajax were good in possession under him.
I just don't think he can identify the right players.

We keep signing lightweights in midfield. Casemiro, Eriksen, Mount.

We don't sign wide players who can actually dribble and beat their man. I said this about Antony before we signed him.

Who knows about the CF issue.

The annoying thing is whoever comes in after him will have the same old problem - how do you shift the crap that ETH brought in?

We'll have a legless Casemiro on £300k until 2027.

Antony on £200k until 2027.

Mount on £200k until 2029.

It's the same old story. A roundabout for clowns and every Saturday, us chumps put on our make-up and rosy up our cheeks.

Right hand side needed to be addressed from full back to attackers. Don't understand how others had this as a good window.

Completely. Pavard and Amrabat woild be huge for us. But i still don't see where our goals are coming from.

Where do you rate our midfield compared to the rest of the league? Where do you rate our attack?

He doesn't know what he wants to do, he's dithering tactically. LVG 2.0.

He has fecked it I think. It was a massive summer and he needed to correct mistakes, like Antony, he has already made. He has failed to do so. This squad is a mess. Not a single player to bring on to change the game.
Nothing changes regardless of the players we have on the pitch. There doesn`t seem to be a plan b in place to shake things up and go into scramble mode a bit. We are just trying the odd ball behind their back 4 and hope that they are sleeping

It is lack of fecking team fitness if anything, as can be seen as we were much better in first half and should have been at least 2:0 up. And that will come as games go by, and also we will be adding few more players, it will be fine in time.

But don't let that stop all the moaning after two games.

Excuses..excuses. Some of you never get tired of watching same shit every year.

Perhaps because it’s ONE fecking game into the season and you’re already panicking.

Still not worried?

£370 million spent on 8 players, most of whom he had a previous connection or relationship with so doubtful the next manager will want, and this is what we have to show for it. It’s just not good enough.

It’s like groundhog day with this club. We just go round and round in circles making the same mistakes over and over again.

The pre-season was an absolute joke. We look seriously unprepared for this season and I’m worried

Status
Not open for further replies.