Enzo Fernández | signs for Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think West Ham will realize they cant sell him for 100m or over 100m like they suggested before. He'll just run down his contract and without Europa on top they'll have nothing to offer him. He would be comfortably cheaper than Enzo + Bellingham I reckon. Though not cheap as standalone obviously, maybe 80m? I don't know.

But he is very good.

I wouldn't mind him for a reasonable price, like €65-75M. West Ham have to sell him this summer, don't they? I imagine they can trigger a contract extension until 2025, but I somehow doubt he'd be happy about it. Surely they realize the situation?

I think Rice will also join Chelsea and it doesn't really make sense for us (United) to sign him now that we have Casemiro. United need a connector next to Casemiro who is comfortable operating as the deepest lying midfielder in the deeper build up phase, as well as being comfortable advancing play through the thirds as the #8. And hopefully this prospective player will have the ability to not only break lines via his passing but also break lines via his ability to carry the ball.

Chelsea is like me playing fm. Sitting on a huge kitty and bidding for every young player who has potential and hope they accept it.

I think Rice will also join Chelsea and it doesn't really make sense for us (United) to sign him now that we have Casemiro. United need a connector next to Casemiro who is comfortable operating as the deepest lying midfielder in the deeper build up phase, as well as being comfortable advancing play through the thirds as the #8. And hopefully this prospective player will have the ability to not only break lines via his passing but also break lines via his ability to carry the ball.
We might already have this player.

Imagine spending near 300m for a CM partnership :lol:

Chelsea is like me playing fm. Sitting on a huge kitty and bidding for every young player who has potential and hope they accept it.

They massively overpay for everyone.

It’s an interesting tactic and quite risky. If it brings success it will pay off, if it doesn’t then they will find themselves stuck with a number of depreciating assets tied to long lucrative deals.

They won’t be able to continue this level of spending and comply with FFP so if things don’t work out then will be difficult to correct.

We might already have this player.
We have a couple of youngsters who fit the profile. But I think it would be best if we bring in someone more established to take up the role in question. The role of the connector in ten Hag's build up play is very important and that player needs to display a very high level of discipline and technical quality.

It doesn't look like de Jong is going to join us. But there's a couple of players who I think look interesting for the role in question. And those players are Bennacer ((Milan) and 21 year old Feyenoord midfielder Orkun Kokcu who is very similar in style to Enzo Fernandez.

They massively overpay for everyone.

It’s an interesting tactic and quite risky. If it brings success it will pay off, if it doesn’t then they will find themselves stuck with a number of depreciating assets tied to long lucrative deals.

They won’t be able to continue this level of spending and comply with FFP so if things don’t work out then will be difficult to correct.
Agree - don't know how they comply with FFp even now. It won't bring success immediately but yes, in the long run it may click. But then competition is so tight that you are in no position to even give time to these kids.

Now he’s ready and proven to come directly into the team. Coming from South America this wouldn’t have been the case and he’d need to accumulate the minutes to get to where he is now. Quick example look at Amad, we have to send him on loan to get to the level we require.
Oh, come on mate, he is the exact same player. His minutes in the CL and WC haven't transformed him, they have "just" removed unknowns. Benfica haven't developed him to a required level, they just showcased him.

And we paid for Amad more than the combined fees of Alvarez, Fernandez and Caicedo.

We are pretty terrible. I'm not one to pretend to know what Arnold, Murtough or Fletcher do or don't do, but it's clear our scouting has been shocking.

You’ve answered my point he came in went on loan and is their second striker for Haaland.

Who was buying Enzo to be their rotation CM and how does that improve his development. There is no real argument here. Chelsea want him now because of his good career choice to join Benfica. If he had joined Chelsea he’d probably have the development trajectory of Havertz.

He made a good career move so far. Chelsea now in January may yet still hault his progression. All I’m saying is he doesn’t go Chelsea in the summer and have the buzz he has now. The reason none went for him is because they don’t want what they seen in the summer they want what they see now. Unfortunately they have to pay an extra premium for the minutes and opportunity Benfica gave him.
Either you don't understand the point I'm making or you're making a different point entirely. I'm not saying the Benfica move has been bad for his development, I'm saying the clubs who are interested now should've made the move in the summer if they're prepared to pay an extra €100m to make the move now. Two separate things.

If they're paying for the 'buzz' that's come since, that's not part of some elaborate development plan, that's just a stupidity tax.

Agree - don't know how they comply with FFp even now. It won't bring success immediately but yes, in the long run it may click. But then competition is so tight that you are in no position to even give time to these kids.
they have no debt now and always sold players well to balance the sheets. far better ran than we have been for a long time.

Oh, come on mate, he is the exact same player. His minutes in the CL and WC haven't transformed him, they have "just" removed unknowns. Benfica haven't developed him to a required level, they just showcased him.

And we paid for Amad more than the combined fees of Alvarez, Fernandez and Caicedo.

We are pretty terrible. I'm not one to pretend to know what Arnold, Murtough or Fletcher do or don't do, but it's clear our scouting has been shocking.
Diallo cost 20m euros without add ons and if he reaches those add ons then he becomes a bargain?

they have no debt now and always sold players well to balance the sheets. far better ran than we have been for a long time.
Their owner was a Russian murderer who had to he thrown out of the country so the club was given to an American who had over 1b in debt written off and had laws in place for the takeover that other clubs don’t have because the government mollycoddled them.
How is that well run? They spent nearly 300m last summer and are around 9th! They sacked their manager a few games in after such a huge spend and hired a manager who is a huge risk at this level.
That’s absurd

Either you don't understand the point I'm making or you're making a different point entirely. I'm not saying the Benfica move has been bad for his development, I'm saying the clubs who are interested now should've made the move in the summer if they're prepared to pay an extra €100m to make the move now. Two separate things.

If they're paying for the 'buzz' that's come since, that's not part of some elaborate development plan, that's just a stupidity tax.

Game time is development? Or are you saying players go out on loan at lower clubs, do so because they have better development plans?:lol:

You’re over complicating the thing. But to make it simple no one went for him because they didn’t feel £24m was worth the ‘risk’ for a key first teamer in their squad.

Now Chelsea see him as a key first teamer they are willing to pay for him. However as you can see no other club in Europe can afford that price right now which is why Chelsea are taking advantage. Which is what I mentioned already. I don’t think he cost this much in the summer and I think the market for him would be a lot greater.

We're going for him now because we have too.

In the summer we'll likely have Real, City and quite probably sugar daddy/state owned United and Liverpool to compete with which would most likely render our chances as next to none.

As above game time is part of development. It’s how most player over 18 improve.

Nothing is wrong with our scouting per say. How we negotiate deals and identify players for our managers style needs plenty of work which I hope is improving.

We get linked to and are interested in all the top talent over the years. We have poor execution though.

FFP doesn't exist for big teams does it!?
of course.

we made a loss last year and we will make another loss this year. Anybody who thinks we have 120m available in january or this summer are living in cloud cookoo land.

The only way we spend this summer is if the take over happens, the debt is cleared and they give us a huge cash sponsorship (renaming old trafford etc)

I'm getting the player, you aren't. Don't understand how I could be salty about that, but okay.
Chelsea fans summed up in a single post. That's why rivals regard the entire club hollow, not a case of hatred or tribalism. Just simply small time, don't deserve any recognition or respect of the oil years success or post.

Game time is development? Or are you saying players go out on loan at lower clubs, do so because they have better development plans?:lol:

You’re over complicating the thing. But to make it simple no one went for him because they didn’t feel £24m was worth the ‘risk’ for a key first teamer in their squad.

Now Chelsea see him as a key first teamer they are willing to pay for him. However as you can see no other club in Europe can afford that price right now which is why Chelsea are taking advantage. Which is what I mentioned already. I don’t think he cost this much in the summer and I think the market for him would be a lot greater.
As @antohan says, the games he's got at Benfica haven't defined him as a player in any sense, as I've repeatedly said. Loans are a useful tool for players who aren't quite ready but this is a player who clearly was.

No debt is the key. There was also an extension of the “leeway” on FFP counted revenues allowed to all teams due to Covid, AND this is the final year of the 3 year rolling average format, so starting essentially from scratch we can go right to the ceiling and not have to worry about balancing it next year. I thought we could go near 580m give or take and still be fine.

People already knew we would offer “whatever it took” for Bellingham. Since Bellingham is definitively off the table for us, and Brightons staff was the PL staff that bid against Benfica for Enzo originally … It shouldn’t surprise people that we would make this move.

I expect us to still go for Rice in the Summer. The rotating 3 man midfield we played against Bournemouth is Potters ideas starting to take hold. One of the deeper midfielders slides forward and plays more of an 8 (Enzo), the other slides back to shield the back line (Rice).

I’ll get excited when the plans all fully come together. This is a real test for Vivell and the others in the new structure; a LOT of moving pieces to bring together: Badioshile, Fofana and Santos, a right back, possibly a striker, and two more youth prospects (including going back in for Zakharyan)… in addition to Enzo

No idea either although I’m sure it was mentioned that they need to spend heavily now and very much taper it off in order to comply and maximise FFP.

Essentially they won’t do much spending after this initial splurge.

Diallo cost 20m euros without add ons and if he reaches those add ons then he becomes a bargain?
Didn't know that, sounds better, although it really depends on the add-ons. Fernández was 10M plus 8M in add-ons, half of those already triggered in his first few months at the club.

2M after participating in 10 games. Tricky stuff that, doesn't a games / minutes played add-on work against giving a kid minutes whenever possible? How many get stuck on 9?

We've seen Simeone managing Griezmann's minutes to save on add-ons, so it's not as cheap and unlikely as it sounds.

of course.

we made a loss last year and we will make another loss this year. Anybody who thinks we have 120m available in january or this summer are living in cloud cookoo land.

The only way we spend this summer is if the take over happens, the debt is cleared and they give us a huge cash sponsorship (renaming old trafford etc)

That’s speculative nonsense. Sorry.

Chelsea fans summed up in a single post. That's why rivals regard the entire club hollow, not a case of hatred or tribalism. Just simply small time, don't deserve any recognition or respect of the oil years success or post.
"not a case of hatred or tribalism".

I had a good laugh at that, sure pal sure.

"Just simply small time, don't deserve any recognition or respect of the oil years success or post."

Damn, if only your irrelevant opinion mattered . Care to know what "rivals" think about United? .

That’s speculative nonsense. Sorry.
it simply isn’t.

You clearly haven’t seen the latest thread pointing it out in clear daylight. Why do you think now of all times the Glazers have decided to sell? it’s obviously been predicted and they’re getting out before the heat becomes too much.

with our current debt and outstanding payments we will fail FFP if we spend again.

we will now be limited to free transfers, very cheap deals. We will probably sell more than we buy.

Why do you think ETH keeps boldly stating must meet financial terms when talking about a transfer?
https://www.redcafe.net/threads/a-l...r-play-rules-on-man-utd.474688/#post-29914680

it simply isn’t.

You clearly haven’t seen the latest thread pointing it out in clear daylight. Why do you think now of all times the Glazers have decided to sell? it’s obviously been predicted and they’re getting out before the heat becomes too much.

with our current debt and outstanding payments we will fail FFP if we spend again.

we will now be limited to free transfers, very cheap deals. We will probably sell more than we buy.

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/a-l...r-play-rules-on-man-utd.474688/#post-29914680

I was specifically talking about renaming Old Trafford.

Speculative nonsense with zero substance.

No idea either although I’m sure it was mentioned that they need to spend heavily now and very much taper it off in order to comply and maximise FFP.

Essentially they won’t do much spending after this initial splurge.
Correct. This year was a very particular advantage. They have no intention to be spending 400m + over two windows next year, two years from now, etc. That’s why it’s particularly astute to use this leeway period to stock up on future talents and clear bad contracts as well.

There are, of course, ways to show increased revenue streams in the future if needed though. For instance, Clearlake owns a cable steaming channel for Dodger and Laker games and content. They could attach Chelsea to that and “share” revenue.

I was specifically talking about renaming Old Trafford.

Speculative nonsense with zero substance.
ok that’s fair - but as pointed out in the thread, even if we get taken over by an arab state, we would need a big sponsorship to immediately offset the balance of spending.

we would need 2 years or so of being frugal to allow us to spend properly again without a big/fake sponsor.

Potentially they’ll just use the man city fake sponsor route instead, but everything is getting clamped down.

it simply isn’t.

Even if we did, then no matter what there is no way United are going to get properly punished with anything meaningful for voilating FFP.

Status
Not open for further replies.