Enzo Fernández | signs for Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Creating a plan

"Lads, this is the plan. I'm going to arrive here at 0600 sharp, upon arrival, one of you switches on the computer, at which point, we enter the room discreetly and I send the email asking for talks, while you 2 keep watch. If this plan fails, we go to plan B... the mobile phones. do not feck this up, stealth is key"

How did we treat him? Enlighten us.
Exactly the same as we "treated" Jose. Sacked him because you felt he wasn't good enough anymore and believed the dressing room atmosphere would improve without him.

For sure it's extremely high praise but even going into the World Cup I said Enzo was probably going to be the best midfielder at the tournament besides maybe De Bruyne. I also think it's pretty fair to say that him coming in to play at the base of midfield alongside De Paul was transformational for Argentina - they were a completely different side with him in there versus Paredes.

Put it this way - there is basically nothing Enzo doesn't do at a top tier level already and he only turns 22 in a couple weeks. He can play as a 6, an 8, or a 10 and no matter what he offers huge value both in and out of possession. We have been crying out for a midfield overhaul and Enzo would be a dream signing for basically any price if you ask me.
How many games has he actually played at top tier level?
Please don’t tell me you consider the World Cup that, otherwise how many CL games has he actually played?

How many games has he actually played at top tier level?
Please don’t tell me you consider the World Cup that, otherwise how many CL games has he actually played?

The World Cup is considered the most prestigious tournament in the world, where all the world's best players come together. How is that not top tier competition?

We “sacked” him because he went on national television and shat all over everything to do with the club including the chef. Very weird comparison.
In fairness, that sounds like something José would excel at. Maybe it's the port wine?

Why is our manager publicly setting standards in press conferences if the money isn't tight?

People think we are gonna compete for Enzo Fernandez yet we are scouring the loan market at poundland.

He also very publicly said that the takeover would be positive for the project and there would be money to spend.

Obviously there’s limited money right now. We both know that. That’s obvious given the owners are seeking to complete a sale in Q1 of the new year.

I’ve taken issue with you suggesting it’s all doom and gloom post any takeover. It won’t be. That is also obvious.

He also very publicly said that the takeover would be positive for the project and there would be money to spend.

Obviously there’s limited money right now. We both know that. That’s obvious given the owners are seeking to complete a sale in Q1 of the new year.

I’ve taken issue with you suggesting it’s all doom and gloom post any takeover. It won’t be. That is also obvious.
Not in the long term, but potentially from what smarter people than me are saying - short term might not be.

Similarly to how newcastle can't just go and blow everybody out of the water from the first window. We've stretched our credit a long way, now we have to start repaying it.

Not in the long term, but potentially from what smarter people than me are saying - short term might not be.

Similarly to how newcastle can't just go and blow everybody out of the water from the first window. We've stretched our credit a long way, now we have to start repaying it.

Newcastle have not been frugal as you suggested United would be (for two years). Nor have Chelsea. Even Burnley have assembled a new squad for Kompany in the Championship.

As I say following any takeover new owners don’t close the purse strings. Quite the opposite. They’ll be a plan in place to improve all areas of their investment on and off the pitch.

Even Ten Hag has been told this as very publicly declared in the media.

All this doom mongering about being forced to rename Old Trafford and doing no transfer business for two years needs to stop. It has literally zero substance.

Newcastle have not been frugal as you suggested United would be (for two years). Nor have Chelsea. Even Burnley have assembled a new squad for Kompany in the Championship.

As I say following any takeover new owners don’t close the purse strings. Quite the opposite. They’ll be a plan in place to improve all areas of their investment on and off the pitch.

All this doom mongering about being forced to rename Old Trafford and doing no transfer business for two years needs to stop. It has literally zero substance.
whoever buys you, will spend big. I cant understand the doom and gloom pessimism. Why would anyone buy a football club and spend zilch.. Makes zero sense. [other than mike ashley, but hes a genuine prick]

whoever buys you, will spend big. I cant understand the doom and gloom pessimism. Why would anyone buy a football club and spend zilch.. Makes zero sense. [other than mike ashley, but hes a genuine prick]

Of course they will. They won’t be spending 5/6bn on the club to do nothing with it. The club makes a phenomenal amount of revenue as it is so they’ll be no issue spending freely whilst complying with regulations. Obviously they’ll be an initial transition to get through and I’m sure a number of new sponsorships/partners (TeamViewer being replaced for one).

The Caf loves the doom and gloom though! Are the Chelsea forums like this out of interest?

When United are purchased the owners will spend HUGE. If you think people with big money can get creative with revenue sources and accounting with City … can you imagine United?

They will spend because whoever wins will have massive deep pockets and expect to have one of the best teams in the world as a result. It will no longer be about making money off the team, it will be about how things can be manipulated to shove as much money as humanly possible into the team.

You guys are scarred after the Glazers. I get that. They are infamous even here in the states.

But better days are coming back.

Of course they will. They won’t be spending 5/6bn on the club to do nothing with it. The club makes a phenomenal amount of revenue as it is so they’ll be no issue spending freely whilst complying with regulations. Obviously they’ll be an initial transition to get through and I’m sure a number of new sponsorships/partners (TeamViewer being replaced for one).

The Caf loves the doom and gloom though! Are the Chelsea forums like this out of interest?

Yes. Our fanbase will need reconditioning. They can go …. Maybe 4 games without wondering if a manager will be fired. Our Bogeys are different … but definitely there.

No. I only go on the shed end and the Chelsea website chat. And theyre a bit more welcoming of news of big signings or stadium redevelopment etc. More open minded and positive. There'll always be some sort of pessimism. But as you say, why anyone would pay 5bn for a company and do sod all to improve it, is beyond me.

Im not saying they wont spend ever jeez. Im saying with FFP we physically CANNOT spend if the figures are true.

We might be able to afford 1 decent transfer in the summer but it won't be a huge spend like people are expecting.

Of course that could be completely wrong, time will tell.

Yes. Our fanbase will need reconditioning. They can go …. Maybe 4 games without wondering if a manager will be fired. Our Bogeys are different … but definitely there.
No. I only go on the shed end and the Chelsea website chat. And theyre a bit more welcoming of news of big signings or stadium redevelopment etc. More open minded and positive. There'll always be some sort of pessimism. But as you say, why anyone would pay 5bn for a company and do sod all to improve it, is beyond me.

Cheers. I only post here so often wonder what others are like, especially when I see the constant negative slants on the Caf.

Im not saying they wont spend ever jeez. Im saying with FFP we physically CANNOT spend if the figures are true.

We might be able to afford 1 decent transfer in the summer but it won't be a huge spend like people are expecting.

Of course that could be completely wrong, time will tell.

The figures are based on plenty of assumptions and guesswork.

They aren’t worth hanging your hat on when you don’t even know who the new owners will be or what the plan is!

Suggesting there’s going to be no money spent in two years and Old Trafford will need renaming is just totally untrue and really unnecessary. Especially when you try to pass it off as some kind of undisputed fact.

The figures are based on plenty of assumptions and guesswork.

They aren’t worth hanging your hat on when you don’t even know who the new owners will be or what the plan is!

Suggesting there’s going to be no money spent in two years and Old Trafford will need renaming is just totally untrue and really unnecessary. Especially when you try to pass it off as some kind of undisputed fact.
I think it has more merit than you're giving it tbh, if everything was rosey we wouldn't be getting Gakpo snatched out of our hands and shopping for loan deals for the desperately needed striker.

IMO we are skint.

Will the new owners come in and make things better? sure.

Cheers. I only post here so often wonder what others are like, especially when I see the constant negative slants on the Caf.
Admittedly pre takeover i wanted a Newcastle type buyout. So when i read the names linked i was kind of "oh ffs" but i wouldnt change our ownership now. Why? Because theyre willing to improve and spend. So sometimes it is better to just be a bit more positive and stop the doom and gloom. But as both of us have alluded to, no one is spending 5bn on Utd, and not spending big. It makes absolutely no sense

I think it has more merit than you're giving it tbh, if everything was rosey we wouldn't be getting Gakpo snatched out of our hands and shopping for loan deals for the desperately needed striker.

IMO we are skint.

Will the new owners come in and make things better? sure.

Well we don’t have new owners at the moment do we so how would that have any impact on Gakpo or this window?

Why are you muddling these things up

The World Cup is considered the most prestigious tournament in the world, where all the world's best players come together. How is that not top tier competition?
Becuase the quality of football is immensely poor. Because it’s 7 games at most, it’s not the same as the CL. This is widely known, why people say you shouldn’t sign someone off a good World Cup

Well we don’t have new owners at the moment do we so how would that have any impact on Gakpo or this window?

Why are you muddling these things up
Because we are skint now, and we spent all our money in the summer. We will need to pay those bills off + the previous deals in Sancho and the likes.

This is what i'm saying, we have spent way beyond our means for a few years now and it's catching up with us.

Anyway I cba to keep talking about it, we shall see what turns out.

Because we are skint now, and we spent all our money in the summer. We will need to pay those bills off + the previous deals in Sancho and the likes.

This is what i'm saying, we have spent way beyond our means for a few years now and it's catching up with us.

Anyway I cba to keep talking about it, we shall see what turns out.

It’s not what you were saying.

You were saying that even with new owners we’ll have two years of being frugal and would have to rename Old Trafford. I said that’s nonsense.

Now you’ve shifted it to this window and the current finances. Two totally different things.

Becuase the quality of football is immensely poor. Because it’s 7 games at most, it’s not the same as the CL. This is widely known, why people say you shouldn’t sign someone off a good World Cup
That is, btw, why I mentioned it was extremely important that Boehly has started listening to Vivell and the other people we brought in.

We switched from Gvardiol to Benoit pretty quick.

This is important to keep in mind because from what I understand the Brighton staff we brought on board scouted Enzo maybe more than anyone in the PL. They tried to sign him from River Plate, and now they are on our staff.

Imagining this is simply Boehly watching the WC and going off on a lark would be a mistake.

His larks, btw, tend to be much bigger… like making a cheeky bid to buy Benfica itself or something.

Last edited:
It’s not what you were saying.

You were saying that even with new owners we’ll have two years of being frugal and would have to rename Old Trafford. I said that’s nonsense.

Now you’ve shifted it to this window and the current finances. Two totally different things.
no im still saying that is happening if the figures are true from what the other poster has said.

We also cannot spend this window either hence we're fishing in the loan market.

Anyways...

no im still saying that is happening if the figures are true from what the other poster has said.

We also cannot spend this window either hence we're fishing in the loan market.

Anyways...

So you think we will be forced to rename Old Trafford and won’t spend for two years? Under new owners? Just so I understand your point of view.

Happy to revisit this under new ownership if so as I’m highly confident neither of those things are accurate in the slightest.

Status
Not open for further replies.