English cricket thread

Banton hobbling out to bat on 3 occasions has won that game, great stuff. The dream of that first championship lives on!

No doubt they'll lose at Lancashire next week now :lol:

Yeah seems defensive although not sure if there might have been some rough out there to exploit. It seemed to work.
Lyon and Ashwin do use that line tactically with great skill but I think I always associate that line with defensive English spin bowling that looks to keep things tight rather than take wickets. Clearly worked for Vaughan there though!

Lyon and Ashwin do use that line tactically with great skill but I think I always associate that line with defensive English spin bowling that looks to keep things tight rather than take wickets. Clearly worked for Vaughan there though!

To be fair, you are right, usually it's a defensive approach by England as aside from Swann, it's been a bit of a struggle to find a decent test spinner who is constantly threatening so they've resorted to the spinner being more defensive.

Tim David’s 51st T20 international, no idea when or how that happened.

EDIT: Ah he played for Singapore. 14 for Singapore, 37 for Australia. Still no idea when or how that happened.

With regards to Cox, in the 2 innings I’ve seen so far he stays so legside of the ball he’s very susceptible to the nip backer. Got 2 inside edges off Hazelwood in the last game. Bairstow-esque.

Phil Salt has been the only new English batsman to come in since probably 2019 that I’ve been impressed with. Everyone else lacking so far

Phil Salt has been the only new English batsman to come in since probably 2019 that I’ve been impressed with. Everyone else lacking so far
Brooks has been decent I think, albeit without really making the big scores. Averaging 30 at a strike rate of 145 is handy stuff.

Let’s be honest, most of the recent England teams walk 80 from 50 on this pitch (with seven wickets left). Livingstone with a good chance here to shut a few people up…

Great knock so far. Still maintain this line up is shite batting wise, but this is T20 and if a few lads get in you can win...

Glad they did tonight*

*Not won yet

Great knock so far. Still maintain this line up is shite batting wise, but this is T20 and if a few lads get in you can win...

Glad they did tonight*

*Not won yet

Definitely a shite line up regardless of what happens tonight. But Livingstone there should be no debate about his worth in the side.

One great thing about English team right now is that if you are a big talent then you will get a game sooner rather than later. Bethell looks like a serious player